Author Topic: Will Smith Has 'Sumthin' For Eminem' On New LP, Due In March  (Read 521 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Will Smith Has 'Sumthin' For Eminem' On New LP, Due In March
« on: February 17, 2005, 03:25:13 AM »
Will Smith, known for shirking rhymes about bling and violence for more upbeat messages, is using his new album to prove he's got a tough side, too.

The rapper/actor is releasing his fourth solo album, Lost and Found, on March 29,

featuring the track "Mr. Nice Guy," about how people mistake him for being soft. And according to a statement by his spokesperson, Smith has "sumthin' for Eminem" in the song.

The album, which Smith calls a "departure" from his previous albums, which include Born to Reign (2002), Willenium (1999) and Big Willie Style (1997), will be led by the single "Switch."

The track is "a snapshot of my life," Smith said in a statement. "It's the most in-depth, revealing writing that I've done in my career."

Also included on the LP are collaborations with longtime partner Jazzy Jeff (with whom Smith recorded five albums as DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince), Mary J. Blige, Robin Thicke, Timbaland and Snoop Dogg, who worked with Smith on the track "Pump Ya Brakes."

Smith, who started laying down tracks for the album in 2003 and ultimately recorded more than 50 songs, said that the new album is best described as old-school retro hip-hop, and that the music is more serious than in the past, but is still just as fun.

With his latest feature film, "Hitch," having just debuted in theaters at #1 (see "Love Beats Hate As 'Hitch' KO's 'Boogeyman' "), Smith will take a break from acting for the next six to eight months to focus on his music.

— Alyssa Rashbaum

www.mtv.com

Leggy Hendrix

Re: Will Smith Has 'Sumthin' For Eminem' On New LP, Due In March
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 03:29:20 AM »
im actually interested to hear how the Jazzy Jeff tracks turn out...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 03:30:22 AM »
Guess Eminem will be very scared :P

And what the fuck is "old-school retro hip-hop", I guess he means he's just making old crap?

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Diggfinger

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 04:16:47 AM »
Haha Will Smith is whiter than I am ;D did Snoop really work with dat sucka? Well, no wonder I guess... :(

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 04:32:25 AM »
Y'all can hate, but I love "Big Willie Style". Yes, he ain't the best MC. But that album is great have fun music. "Willennium" was OK. Coulda been better, but it still had some very nice tracks. And "Born to reign" was wack as fuck. And the new single is wack too, I hope that's not how the album's gonna sound.

Okka

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 05:27:46 AM »
I wanna head that diss to Eminem... ;D

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 09:26:55 AM »
Y'all can hate, but I love "Big Willie Style". Yes, he ain't the best MC. But that album is great have fun music. "Willennium" was OK. Coulda been better, but it still had some very nice tracks. And "Born to reign" was wack as fuck. And the new single is wack too, I hope that's not how the album's gonna sound.

Like you said, he's not the best MC out there, but he always has a couple of tracks that sound good to your ear :)

y.g.b._youngbugzy

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 09:43:15 AM »
yea im intersted into hearing it..I always like fresh prince and jazzy jeff...
I dont give a fuck what no onesay..I was LIL ASS KID listening to
"parents just dont understand" that was the ish..lol...so was nightmare on my block...
anyway..this should be interesting..lol
~1~

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 09:53:04 AM »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 10:24:11 AM »
hehe...i wont mind hearing this
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 02:42:13 PM »
when it comes to success, I have will smith props, movie and music star, he became a big name
plus he was the shit on fresh prince of bel air
musicwise....well like before, hes not the best MC, but has made songs that get people up, he does have some good songs that are nice to listen to
one song I always like from him and I think always be tight to me at lesast is "summertime",
lol @ battle between will smith vs eminem

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 02:48:08 PM »
what is the new track called by wizzle smizzle

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 02:52:38 PM »
this is gonna be interesting    slim shady   vs.  gettin jiggy wit it

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 03:01:42 PM »
Dont you mean Slim Shady V Big Willie? ::)

I wanna hear this Hopefully its a return to Big Willie style

-KIDRENEGADE-

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »
lol i thought interscope wouldn't let anyone diss Eminem