Author Topic: Jay-Z is planning to make a comeback (if you couldn't guess....)  (Read 957 times)

Jome

Re: Jay-Z is planning to make a comeback (if you couldn't guess....)
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 07:23:24 PM »
Hilarious how young haters be hating on Jigga for making a comeback after he announced his retirement, but when DJ Quik does the exact same thing, it's a gift from god, fantastic, etc.  ::)

Why retire if you still can make (classic) albums like Blueprint, Black Album.... ?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 07:25:04 PM »
^ exactly, jsut cause jigga is coming back from retirement, dont downplay his skill, black album was sick..

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 08:12:10 PM »
Hilarious how young haters be hating on Jigga for making a comeback after he announced his retirement, but when DJ Quik does the exact same thing, it's a gift from god, fantastic, etc.  ::)

Why retire if you still can make (classic) albums like Blueprint, Black Album.... ?

There is a difference Sherlock. Quik was serious about it, you can tell in every recent interview he's done that he had some serious personal problems back then. Whereas Jigga never planned it for a second and only did it as a gay ass marketing stunt
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Woodrow

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 08:18:28 PM »
There is a difference Sherlock. Quik was serious about it, you can tell in every recent interview he's done that he had some serious personal problems back then. Whereas Jigga never planned it for a second and only did it as a gay ass marketing stunt
Bingo.

The Watcher

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 08:19:15 PM »
stunt or not, aslong as he drops an album as good as 'the black album', i'll be happy.. i havent stopped bumping that & college dropout since they came out
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 08:29:38 PM »
trying to pull off a michael jordan...just like jordan his album or whatever he's gonna do will not come to par with his work in the past

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 06:21:25 AM »
Bingo.

Agreed....   First Jake now Englewood, we don't agree on anything but when it comes to Jay-Z we see eye to eye. 

And replying to that Elevz No Shit Sherlock post above, I am well aware that I wasn't the only person who knew Jay-Z was just pulling a publicity stunt.  It was obvious to anyone who doesn't fall victim to Rockafella's hype and marketing machine.  Infact, the only thing I like about Rockafella Records, is the fact that Beanie Siegal and Freeway are both Muslims who talk openly about Islam on some of their records.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 06:23:20 AM by Muharram 1426 A.H. »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 01:10:48 PM »
Bingo.

I 2nd bingo that.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 01:24:40 PM »
i'm glad i'm not the only one who sees right through this......jay-z never retired, it was all a scam to get the black album selling off the shelves. and of corse we're going to downplay jay-z's return and glorify quiks.............DJ QUIK IS A BETTER MUSICIAN THAN JAY-Z, like infinite said jay-z is NOT that great of a rapper, IMO he hasn't put together a decent bag of rhymes since the mid 90's , he can't produce, he can't really put together an original song...about all jay-z can do and ever does is dress fancy and recruite a bunch of producers to make him some catchy beats

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 03:18:13 PM »
i'm glad i'm not the only one who sees right through this......jay-z never retired, it was all a scam to get the black album selling off the shelves. and of corse we're going to downplay jay-z's return and glorify quiks.............DJ QUIK IS A BETTER MUSICIAN THAN JAY-Z, like infinite said jay-z is NOT that great of a rapper, IMO he hasn't put together a decent bag of rhymes since the mid 90's , he can't produce, he can't really put together an original song...about all jay-z can do and ever does is dress fancy and recruite a bunch of producers to make him some catchy beats

Basically Jay-Z is wack and Quik is dope.  And Jay-Z is so heavily favored by the media, yo... I was even thinking that whole R-Kelly beef and the lawsuits was just a publicity stunt, that might be a stretch though.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suga Foot

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 04:35:57 PM »
shit I was still waiting for him to leave lol.  He didn't even take any time off.

Jome

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 10:10:56 PM »
Bingo.

I 2nd bingo that.
Basically Jay-Z is wack and Quik is dope.  And Jay-Z is so heavily favored by the media, yo... I was even thinking that whole R-Kelly beef and the lawsuits was just a publicity stunt, that might be a stretch though.

I was expecting replies like this on a board like this.
It's a funny, funny ass forum.  :D

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 10:15:51 PM »
BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO for Gay-z i knew he was trying the master p thing calll it quits to sell albums but i hope the industry dont but this shit i know i wont ill down load if that ::)

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 11:14:56 PM »
Stuff like this is just boring.  That's the best word for it... the thing is, this guy is so full of himself, like most rappers are... but in reality, most people dont' care.  He shouldn't take himself so seriously. 

When most rappers rap about how great they are, it's comical and kind of funny, because generally, they're just talking shit.

Jay Z's problem is... he really is pretty fucking good.  So when he talks about how great he is, it's almost condescending, and it makes you wonder what is he trying to prove?  How many times does he have to mention he's the greatest since Biggie and all of that?  Then he makes this big dramatic "I'm retiring" move, everybody knew he wouldn't... and now he's saying he's coming back, the whole thing is a non-issue, nobody cares if he retires, or comes back, or what. 

He needs to just live his life, and when it's over, he can look back at what he's accomplished.

Yeah, Jay's good.  So what? 

Woodrow

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2005, 12:08:09 AM »
I was expecting replies like this on a board like this.
It's a funny, funny ass forum.  :D
Why is it funny? The forum is called the West Coast Connection. Of course people are going to generally like somebody from the west over Jay-z.