Author Topic: - TOO $HORT -  (Read 170 times)

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
- TOO $HORT -
« on: August 23, 2002, 12:37:18 PM »
Man I hear so many of ya dispute who is holding it down and you all mention Snoop, XZ, WC, eminem, dre bla bla.

BUT

Too $hort has been the most continuous artist ever. He has never lost his ground from day one. If you talk about snoop changing, then look at Short. You can listen to his Tapes he made when he was 14 - yes 1982, and he hasn't changed his style until this day.

PLus he has sooooooo much longevity. Snoop hopped on the scene in 94-95, when Too $hort was putting out his 10th official album. And he's still putting it down harder then ever today.

Who feels me on this topic. I feel let down when ppl speak on 'cats running the game' and they miss out some proper nominations.

>:(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

CITY I RIDE FOR...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: - TOO $HORT -
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 12:47:54 PM »
True statement..
but Why mention Snoop?

$hort's been putin' it down longer than almost anyone. East west....you name it.
Plus the reason peep's don't talk about $hort much in this forum anymore is prob because of the fact that he is a bonified South rapper now. ImO

I stated it before and I'll say my opinion again. Too $hort = South since his departure from the Westcoast.
Prop's to $hort for puttin' it down for what seem's like ever and helping to build the Westcoast to the power it is.
But his glory day's of East Oakland are long gone.
But for the record $hort is still on of my all-time favorites.

I grew up on it.
Pimpology 101

Hatesrats 2oo2

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 12:48:06 PM »
No, Snoop came out with Dre and The Cronic around 92'. And you can find some Snoop tapes from back in the day before he got with Dre. "Perfection"... he was gettin down in tha LBC with Domino, the Foesum and others back in tha day... enough about him though.

Too Short is tight.... I aint really into his early shit. I think he's tight from "Born II Mack" to "Gettin It"... all his albums since Gettin It have been pretty dissapointing. He's kept tha same flow... but it's gotten a lil bit boring and repetitive.

He's made some classic shit though... I think "Life Is.." is straight classic. "CockTails" and "Get In Where You Fit In" are fuckin bad too.

He contrubited alot to tha West Coast and is one of our pioneers. Everybody who knows a lil something about Hip Hop knows about Too $hort and his contributions. Especially to tha Bay Area.

Why you mad though? Why the angry face? And why do you have to bring up all those rappers? There's no need to compare... Too Shorts name and his music speak for themselves.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 12:52:23 PM »
True statement..
but Why mention Snoop?

$hort's been putin' it down longer than almost anyone. East west....you name it.
Plus the reason peep's don't talk about $hort much in this forum anymore is prob because of the fact that he is a bonified South rapper now. ImO

I stated it before and I'll say my opinion again. Too $hort = South since his departure from the Westcoast.
Prop's to $hort for puttin' it down for what seem's like ever and helping to build the Westcoast to the power it is.
But his glory day's of East Oakland are long gone.
But for the record $hort is still on of my all-time favorites.

I grew up on it.
Pimpology 101

Hatesrats 2oo2

Crazy... You beat me to it. I didnt even read your Reply but we basically said tha same shit.

I dont agree with Short Dogg being South Now tho... He alwayz gots that Cali funk on his shit... except when Lil John is producint his shit. People hate on him for leaving Oakland and moving to tha ATL but I've alwayz seen it as a business move.... and there's a gang of balck hoes down in Georgia.

I grew up on that shit too.... That's probably why I like him as much as I do.. In Kindergarden class talking to tha teacher about "Bitches, Hoes, And all that shit....."

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 01:27:11 PM »

Crazy... You beat me to it. I didnt even read your Reply but we basically said tha same shit.

I dont agree with Short Dogg being South Now tho... He alwayz gots that Cali funk on his shit... except when Lil John is producint his shit. People hate on him for leaving Oakland and moving to tha ATL but I've alwayz seen it as a business move.... and there's a gang of balck hoes down in Georgia.

I grew up on that shit too.... That's probably why I like him as much as I do.. In Kindergarden class talking to tha teacher about "Bitches, Hoes, And all that shit....."

LoL....WHoa!!

we did huh......yeah homie...I Guess I just can't ever get over the Move to Atlanta... :'(
Too $hort was Cali's president and bonified O.G.
His move to AtL was kinda a shock to his old following when we first found out.
I took it pretty hard....cause I still remember those day's when the west didn't get no spin's on any radio or video station.....(wait....ain't that happenin' now!!!!)...lol
Word tho dawg...Too $hort is a legen fo' sho.

Dizzam!!! 1988 was the shitt!!!
after that......the entire world was on it. ;)
Off of one legendary word...
Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 01:35:32 PM »

business move is the right term !!!

short dogs in da house fo real...
keepin it tiight all day everyday
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2002, 01:41:36 PM »
short dogg is dope but really how many different ways can you say "bitch suck my dick"? gets kinda old after awhile.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2002, 02:31:02 PM »
short dogg is dope but really how many different ways can you say "bitch suck my dick"? gets kinda old after awhile.

;D ;D
i dont care !!!
i love his voice again and again !!!
can't get enuff of him...
it's like, i can't get enough of gettin my dick sucked !!!

yanno ???

peace
Gangsta T

holla back smartass  :)
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2002, 04:51:08 PM »
Definitely in my Top 10 of all time. Have all his albums because my older bro is a $hort Dogg groupie LOL! $hort used Jazze Pha as a producer before anyone even took notice of the fool. Now he blowin' up. $hort is the original West Coast pionner along with Ice-T.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2002, 01:20:15 AM »
Definitely in my Top 10 of all time. Have all his albums because my older bro is a $hort Dogg groupie LOL! $hort used Jazze Pha as a producer before anyone even took notice of the fool. Now he blowin' up. $hort is the original West Coast pionner along with Ice-T.

word homie !!!
too short & ice-t !!!
btw, they got some dope tracks out together!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent