Author Topic: Just Came Back From The Mos Def Concert - Review  (Read 245 times)

ecrazy

Just Came Back From The Mos Def Concert - Review
« on: February 16, 2005, 01:42:37 AM »
Opening Act/Dj Was Dj Long Island, Boring ol Dj Set, we arrived TOO early, show started @ 9:45, we were there @ 7

Played Almost All Of The New Danger, Except The Rape Over
Played Blackstar Tracks - Definition, Brown skin lady (He Rapped Kweli's Parts As well)
Black On Both Sides Tracks - Ms. Fat Booty, Hip Hop, Mathmatics (there was more, i think)
He Also Played Body Rock & In Between Some Songs he Had some "Alcapulco Gold" - Where He Would Freestyle To No Beat Or Sing To No Beat

Then he Came On For An Encore, He Played All New Material, From His CD that is coming out This SUMMER!!!  8)  And Said That His Song "Sunshine" was not a Diss To The Game, He is friends with the game, and that you will never see him beefing with any other MC, he also went on to say that allhiphop.com people need to get lives and stop worrying about which rapper is beefing with which.

Great Show, Just wish i got there later, so i wouldnt have had to stand so long

NOW, Time for HW, damn it..Anyone Else Go?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Just Came Back From The Mos Def Concert - Review
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 02:42:33 AM »
What was his new material like???Any good???

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 08:00:28 AM »
duh

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 09:21:08 AM »
Nice, sounds like a good time.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 09:47:15 AM »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 10:31:23 AM »
Sounds dope man, going to see Mos in London on the 17th March, really looking forward to it, can't wait to hear what the new material sounds like.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 11:08:35 AM »
jesus christ...he dissed allhiphop.com... lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 01:42:57 PM »
His New Material Was Awesome, The Kanye Produced Track He Played was Dope As Hell, He also had a "WestCoast" Style Beat, He Even Said "Can You Picture Yourself On The Freeway Bumpin this?"....He Let The Beat Ride out on the new tracks, and it seemed like he didnt have lyrics for them, just beats, and he was just freestyling, but they were dope freestyles none the less.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 01:53:12 PM »
His New Material Was Awesome, The Kanye Produced Track He Played was Dope As Hell, He also had a "WestCoast" Style Beat, He Even Said "Can You Picture Yourself On The Freeway Bumpin this?"....He Let The Beat Ride out on the new tracks, and it seemed like he didnt have lyrics for them, just beats, and he was just freestyling, but they were dope freestyles none the less.
Good lookin on the news,good to hear his new stuff isnt dissapointing.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 08:01:27 AM »
You Don't Have To Star Every Word With A Capital

sounds like a nice show...

ecrazy

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 07:36:03 PM »
You Don't Have To Star Every Word With A Capital

Does It Bother People That Much? Everyone Always Tells Me That, DAMN, seriously, are you guys picky about what you read online or what? Gee Whiz...but yea, i get  that a lot, sorry bout doin it, ill try and stop

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 07:47:06 PM »
isnt that anoying.. i have a habit of doing three dots after every thought..