Author Topic: 35 Die Today in Iraq.  (Read 414 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
35 Die Today in Iraq.
« on: February 18, 2005, 05:15:45 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/18/international/middleeast/18cnd-iraq.html?hp&ex=1108789200&en=913b10b7ec443db0&ei=5094&partner=homepage

More good news from Iraq. Oh and four more U.S. soldiers are reported dead.  Hopefully things will get better, but the statistics show things have only gotten worse.

In January alone 800 U.S. troops were injured.

And during that same month close to 100 died. 

And now we are hearing more frequently that Iraq is increasing terrorist recruitement:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0217terror-split17.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 05:56:30 PM by Ant »

Trauma-san

Re: 35 Die Today in Iraq.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:12:12 PM »
People died in a WAR? HOW?

ecrazy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 09:33:20 PM »

I Am As Shocked As You

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 12:27:53 AM »

If you didn't have such a hard time with logical reasoning this post would make more sense to you, but unfortunately for you, and the rest of us, the country is full of foolish confused bigots like yourself.

You see, its often quoted, and convienently forgotten that the war was declared finished more than a year ago.  And didn't we just have elections?  But more people are still dying, and since the war ended more people have died per month than while the war was supposedly going on.  Of course you know all this, you've heard it many times before, but your bigotry prevents it from sinking in. 

Not to mention that the rationale for this war has changed perhaps a dozen times, and each time we've learned that even the newly manufactured post hoc rationalization for why we went to this war cannot stand up to criticism.   I don't need to go over these, by now they should be well known to you. 

But the fact remains... the death toll for this war will be somewhere around 100k when all is said and done.  Some estimates suggest that already close to 100,000 iraqi civilians have died as a result of this war.  And for what?  There were no WMD, there was no tie to al-queda, there was no ability to build WMD, and there have been elections but yet the deaths and attacks have only intensified.    And in case you haven't forgotten this whole thing cost us only $200 billion dollars, of course we were told it would cost next to nothing, of course you remember that part to, but of course it doesn't matter to you.   

dexter

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 07:39:42 AM »
Thank you^^

Matrix Heart

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 09:17:37 AM »

How is your ass pipe?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 09:23:31 AM »
^ eww at your sig, but im not shoicked 35 people died, they died the other day , and some other day, shit, like truama said , its a war

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 10:15:34 AM »

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 10:19:04 AM »
im a lil confused with how that makes us bigots?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 12:25:10 PM »
im a lil confused with how that makes us bigots?

From merriam-websters:

bigot - a person obstinately devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. 

why are people like Trauma bigots? because as each justification for this war was manufactured and subsequently disproven he clung bitterly to his own personal worldview.  There is a famous quote from John Keynes where he said "when the facts change, my opinions change, but what do yours do sir?"   The facts have changed many times over, but your opinions remain the same.  Thats what makes individuals like Trauma are bigots. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 12:03:11 AM by Ant »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 12:27:54 PM »
^ eww at your sig, but im not shoicked 35 people died, they died the other day , and some other day, shit, like truama said , its a war

first, as i already pointed out, supposedly there is no war.  it was declared over by Bush more than a year ago.

secondly, in traditional war, when you talk of people dying you are refering to combantants.  When I say 35 people died, I'm referring to 35 civilians.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 12:59:44 PM »

first, as i already pointed out, supposedly there is no war.  it was declared over by Bush more than a year ago.

secondly, in traditional war, when you talk of people dying you are refering to combantants.  When I say 35 people died, I'm referring to 35 civilians.

First, show me where Bush declared the war being over. All he said on May 1st, 2003 was that MAJOR combat was over.

Second, this war is not a traditional war where two or more countries are fighting each other, its a Guerrilla war on Terrorism. During a Guerrilla war civilians, are considered targets.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 02:24:30 PM »
^ exactly!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2005, 03:31:47 PM »
Too bad such foreign policy is motivating people to become terrorists and anti-american. Big success. No matter which pseudo-reason you pick out of the bigot-pool, you have failed. Big time.

Word up@the comment on how Trauma is a bigot, what Ant said describes Trauma perfectly.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2005, 05:28:25 PM »
My cousin, Isaiah Marquez almost got killed in a bombing last month.  He and his patrol were walking through a city and a bomb went off.  He sent a letter out to his mom that arrived a couple of days ago that told the story.  It's really scary shit over there.
NIK - World's worst moderator.