Author Topic: Why Tha Row and its fans are pathetic......  (Read 848 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Why Tha Row and its fans are pathetic......
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2002, 04:39:48 AM »
I was as big a Death Row fan back in the day as any, but it was because they dropped the dopest music in the industry and totally changed the west coast sound. NYC was hurting in 92/93 cuz of the Chronic and Doggystyle. Rappers back then were lucky if they went Gold (like Illmatic), and maybe platinum or 2x platinum if they had a catchy single (Except for MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and I think Kris Kross). Dre and Snoop were pushing like 3x, 4x, 5x platinum records with straight G-shit.

So, basically, a Death Row fan back then was a Dr. Dre, Snoop, or a Dogg Pound fan. No one knew who Suge Knight was back then, except that his name was on the back of every CD as Executive Producer.

I wasn't really into Pac when he joined up with the Row...Even if he repped Death Row hardcore, he wasn't really on the label very long before he died, and I always felt like he was just added on the roster after Death Row was already established as a major powerhouse rap label.

This is why I don't understand hardcore Row fans now. They're clearly more intrigued by the image than the actual music. If you were a TRUE old school Death Row fan, you can't hate on Dre, Snoop, etc..Cuz they WERE Death Row back then. So all these annoying newbie f*cks are either hardcore 2Pac or Suge Knight fans. That's cool if you don't care about the music, but it IS a record label after all. I think Crooked I has potential, but a lot of rappers drop a handful of good songs. Let's wait and see what his album's all about.

Thats the truth right there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2002, 04:55:34 AM »
wordddddddd  :D

This is why I don't understand hardcore Row fans now. They're clearly more intrigued by the image than the actual music. If you were a TRUE old school Death Row fan, you can't hate on Dre, Snoop, etc..Cuz they WERE Death Row back then. So all these annoying newbie f*cks are either hardcore 2Pac or Suge Knight fans. That's cool if you don't care about the music, but it IS a record label after all. I think Crooked I has potential, but a lot of rappers drop a handful of good songs. Let's wait and see what his album's all about.

this new kids know shit about the old death row... they just jumping on the coat tails of pac... IMO pac fucked death row up.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2002, 05:35:29 AM »
I was a core Death Row fan up untill about 2000, and I was a core fan of all the ex inmates.  I like the Chronic 2000 compilation they put out, I mean it wasn't classic material like they used to put out, but it is good.  I still like the Row and I hope it does well, but realistically they haven't done shit since like 1998 (RR&GB) with an artist that isn't dead or not on the label anymore.  I like Dead Man Walking, and I really like DPG 2002, but all these row fans talk a grip a shit about how good the row is.  How do you know?  They haven't dropped any albums by a new artist.  I bought TGFTR and I like a few  songs on it, but for the most part it is below average.  The only reason it even sold what it did and got the props it does get is cause it was released on the Row.  Just like Snoop has lived off of his reputation from the chronic and doggystyle, tha row has lived off of Death Row's reputation since 1998 IMO.  If the Row has all these great artists than why hasn't an album dropped.  I think crooked I is an excellent rapper and all, but some people talk about him like he is God.  The reason I believe that he or any other solo artist on the row have not dropped an album, is cause Suge knows that it isn't classic material, and it is not good enough to back up all the shit talking.  Think about it, crooked I has had at least 4 years to make an album, that is a long fucking time.  It isn't a money problem or a promotion problem, cause Suge can deal with both those very easily, cause suge is very rich, and he is a man that lets himself be known.  I feel that no one on tha row has made an album up to Suge's standards.  And suge is always talking about how he don't need dre or snoop or any of the ex inmates, but he knows his artists can't come close to what they have done.  This is all my thoughts on the situation.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2002, 06:25:33 AM »
Yo Teecee I agree wit' u 100%.
Just I feel BpG's topic had an oppisite effect on "Tha Row" hater's.
Cause outta the woodwork, all the same peep's that were swinging from Dre's nutz let go........and began callin' out names.
The same goe's for Kuruprt.....Danm!!! I never heard of peep's getting mad at someone for making a livin'.
Xzibit is begining to feel the heat (and off of rumor's).
Most of the hate come's from the "Tha Row" hater's, who want the company to fail like it was their money involved....lol

I give prop's to BpG...for making the Transformer's be known.
I've been checkin' them for a while now.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2002, 07:23:54 AM »
I was as big a Death Row fan back in the day as any, but it was because they dropped the dopest music in the industry and totally changed the west coast sound. NYC was hurting in 92/93 cuz of the Chronic and Doggystyle. Rappers back then were lucky if they went Gold (like Illmatic), and maybe platinum or 2x platinum if they had a catchy single (Except for MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and I think Kris Kross). Dre and Snoop were pushing like 3x, 4x, 5x platinum records with straight G-shit.

So, basically, a Death Row fan back then was a Dr. Dre, Snoop, or a Dogg Pound fan. No one knew who Suge Knight was back then, except that his name was on the back of every CD as Executive Producer.

I wasn't really into Pac when he joined up with the Row...Even if he repped Death Row hardcore, he wasn't really on the label very long before he died, and I always felt like he was just added on the roster after Death Row was already established as a major powerhouse rap label.

Word up

Juice

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2002, 01:45:08 PM »
wordddddddd  :D
this new kids know shit about the old death row... they just jumping on the coat tails of pac... IMO pac fucked death row up.

Dont say shit please. Like if Pac changed everything...
Pac had just a personality that was 10x bigger than the one of Dre and other DR members, so he became the LEADER. But you cant say he fucked up Death Row. Why? Just cause he was making music better than the one of Snoop? Just cause he was the "new" leader? Dont hate, pls. Explain it.

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2002, 02:14:48 PM »
Posted by: AfterMathematics Posted on: 15.08.02 at 23:19:43
This is why I don't understand hardcore Row fans now. They're clearly more intrigued by the image than the actual music.

I'd agree with that, I think a lot of people are letting 'beefs' between rappers/record companies decide on what they listen to these days. In some cases there can be justifiable reasons for it, although most of the times it just pety reasons.

I think Snoop did raise a point in his new diss track to Suge, 'Pimp Slap'. "You need to just start rhyming, 'cause you the biggest star on your label."
Crooked I's album should be good but the others  :-/ I dunno.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2002, 04:50:43 PM »

Dont say shit please. Like if Pac changed everything...
Pac had just a personality that was 10x bigger than the one of Dre and other DR members, so he became the LEADER. But you cant say he fucked up Death Row. Why? Just cause he was making music better than the one of Snoop? Just cause he was the "new" leader? Dont hate, pls. Explain it.

Yo, Im not gonna jump to tha conclusion to say that Pac fucked up DR.....but I will say this.....as soon as Pac came to DR Suge started ridin' his nutz and actin' like all he needed was Pac to run his label, he didnt need Snoop, he didnt need Dre, he didnt need any1 except for Pac......Im not blamin' it on Pac that is mostly Suge's wrong doing again.....but just think......what would have happened to DR if Pac didnt sign to em'?.......would Dre still have left?.....would Snoop still have left?.......would Pac still have started that major, major beef wit Biggie?......its all on Suge's shoulders.....its really not Pac's fault for tearin' up DR but when he signed that's when things fell apart......imo I think that if Pac wouldnt have signed then Suge would have known he needed Dre and Snoop alot more....dont get me wrong Im not blamin' none of this split on Pac....its all on Suge.....like Snoop said...."u fucked up tha industry and thats on me"!!!!

Juice

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2002, 05:14:23 PM »
Yo, Im not gonna jump to tha conclusion to say that Pac fucked up DR.....but I will say this.....as soon as Pac came to DR Suge started ridin' his nutz and actin' like all he needed was Pac to run his label, he didnt need Snoop, he didnt need Dre, he didnt need any1 except for Pac......Im not blamin' it on Pac that is mostly Suge's wrong doing again.....but just think......what would have happened to DR if Pac didnt sign to em'?.......would Dre still have left?.....would Snoop still have left?.......would Pac still have started that major, major beef wit Biggie?......its all on Suge's shoulders.....its really not Pac's fault for tearin' up DR but when he signed that's when things fell apart......imo I think that if Pac wouldnt have signed then Suge would have known he needed Dre and Snoop alot more....dont get me wrong Im not blamin' none of this split on Pac....its all on Suge.....like Snoop said...."u fucked up tha industry and thats on me"!!!!

Yeah, i can agree on this version.. Btw one thing is sure. When you said: "would Pac still have started that major, major beef wit Biggie?". It's YES, cause he blamed him not for a music beef, but cause he thought BIG setted him up. And he dissed him before he signed with DR.

Btw it's not only Pac! Cause ok, cut Dre (but it wasnt a problem when Pac was alive. DR never suffered because of that when Pac was alive..), cut Pac and you still got the whole DPG Crew signed to DR. But they left cause Snoop left! Snoop leaving DR fucked it up IMO.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2002, 11:57:42 PM »
word up AfterMathematics

Yeah, i can agree on this version.. Btw one thing is sure. When you said: "would Pac still have started that major, major beef wit Biggie?". It's YES, cause he blamed him not for a music beef, but cause he thought BIG setted him up. And he dissed him before he signed with DR.

Btw it's not only Pac! Cause ok, cut Dre (but it wasnt a problem when Pac was alive. DR never suffered because of that when Pac was alive..), cut Pac and you still got the whole DPG Crew signed to DR. But they left cause Snoop left! Snoop leaving DR fucked it up IMO.

It was still fucked up since Dre 's the one that made this label and introduced all it's artist with The Chronic.
And Snoop would never have hooked up wit Tha Row if it wasn't for Dre cause Warren G hooked him with Dre up.
And if it wasn't for the Eazy beef alot of people wouldn't have buyd The Chronic so Snoop's Doggystyle wouldn't have been
that anticipated plus it wouldn't have the dope Dre production.
In the origin everything based on Dre and it was FUCKED up that he had to leave the label he had made so big.
And if Dre wouldn't have left Snoop wouldn't have left neither so it's again on Suge (and Pac in a way) cause they made Dre leave.

U can't say cut Dre , no problem.
It IS a problem.
It's THE problem.

Juice

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2002, 04:26:01 AM »
Your opinion. Mine is different. Expecially cause at that moment Dre wasnt making shit. 1 song in 1 year doesnt exactly mean to be "essential" for the record label. And Death Row did great shit with Daz being the producer too.

Cut 2Pac and Snoop, the 2 real stars, and YES we got a problem. Cut Suge too, and it's death.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2002, 09:42:20 AM »
Your opinion. Mine is different. Expecially cause at that moment Dre wasnt making shit. 1 song in 1 year doesnt exactly mean to be "essential" for the record label. And Death Row did great shit with Daz being the producer too.

Cut 2Pac and Snoop, the 2 real stars, and YES we got a problem. Cut Suge too, and it's death.

cut Suge and Pac and it is what it has been all the time
(exept for the beginning Suge didn't do shit)

Alex_Wreck

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Wreccless Beats
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2002, 11:36:58 AM »
And Pac fans too..

You being a major one.

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2002, 12:40:47 PM »
well i like tha row, and was gonna support them wit or wit out kurupt or dre. i like tha row because, it seems like they are the only people on tha west coast these days, thats trynna release some new shit. snoop is weak as hell, and he's basically washed up now, and it seems like no one wants to try to promote our up & coming talent except for suge. the majority of west coast artists & labels (except for the independent artists & labels) are droppin some bullshit, and not trynna bring a new sound.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2002, 12:41:43 PM »
well i like tha row, and was gonna support them wit or wit out kurupt or dre. i like tha row because, it seems like they are the only people on tha west coast these days, thats trynna release some new shit. snoop is weak as hell, and he's basically washed up now, and it seems like no one wants to try to promote our up & coming talent except for suge. the majority of west coast artists & labels (except for the independent artists & labels) are droppin some bullshit, and not trynna bring a new sound.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***