Author Topic: Since 1 brought back 1 classic topic, ill bring back another  (Read 284 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Since 1 brought back 1 classic topic, ill bring back another
« on: February 19, 2005, 04:13:19 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=554.0

why was it lockeD! unfinished business, btw, thanks trauama, ima download some of those songs , i dont have all, and my opinion about shakespear is that he is a genious, in my stat 21 class i learned that in total he wrote, 900,000 words, and 30k different words, and they said that his volcabulary consisted of about 30k more... but i also heard that he made up a lot of words, and my mom told me there was a lot of specilation that shakespear didnt write his own stuff, cuase he was supposebly a poor uneducated man, but its all speculation, .... very good topic tho, shows how a lot of stupid young people view music and books..

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Since 1 brought back 1 classic topic, ill bring back another
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 06:25:20 PM »
LOL, that was funny shit.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 06:53:04 PM »
LOL...never saw this..funny part is when trauma shits on him, he says

Good argument.  You brought up some good points.

lmao..i almost cried
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
^ yea thats prob my fav part

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 07:50:43 PM »
Infinite used to go on a lot of stupid rants back then and then almost play the victim afterwards. These rants had no merit or anything to really back them up. I stayed away from them because there was nothing I would say in defense that wouldn't have been said a dozen times by others.

I think too much credit went to the Beatles and Lennon, particularly for lyrics. Not to take anything away from Lennon's lyrics, they were great, but not as revolutionary as claimed. Lennon himself credits Dylan as the inspriation that lead him to step up his lyrical game. Dylan was known as the next Guthrie, and Guthrie was great but not a pioneer. Folk music dealt with complicated lyrics and messages dating back well before recorded music was invented. Musically, the Beatles were also amazing, but a lot of the British Invasion bands came out with great new techniques and harmonies. Phil Spector was a key influence on production back in those days, and later Craftwerk and Pink Floyd made great advancements.

I don't want to take anythig away from the Beatles, and still consider them the best band, but I would never call them the only reason music advanced in the 60s.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 06:25:22 AM »
I don't want to take anythig away from the Beatles, and still consider them the best band, but I would never call them the only reason music advanced in the 60s.
i donīt think anybody claimed that and of course thereīs people like Syd Barret for example who were at least as progressive IMO, still I think the Beatles are indubitably the most important band of the 60īs.

LOL at another Infinite-bashing topic...didnīt even know that one

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 07:43:48 AM »
i donīt think anybody claimed that and of course thereīs people like Syd Barret for example who were at least as progressive IMO, still I think the Beatles are indubitably the most important band of the 60īs.

I think it was Trauma that claimed there would be no Rock n Roll with out the Beatles. Barret was good, but Floyd really took off creatively when Barret went nuts and Waters took over the band.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 08:48:43 AM »

I think it was Trauma that claimed there would be no Rock n Roll with out the Beatles. Barret was good, but Floyd really took off creatively when Barret went nuts and Waters took over the band.

Iīm not sure if you can say it like that. Listen to "Astronomy Domine" for example, that song is mad innovative and progressive for 1968...IMO Barret was a creative genius, but yeah, he kinda went nuts. Waters was definitely a great leader too after that and Pink Floyd didnīt fall off before after "The Wall", so i agree they made incredible records in the 70īs and were one of the best rock bands, only i would say they had already taken off creatively when Barret was the leader, they just took a route that was a bit different after that

and yeah, the way you say it Trauma exaggerated

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 11:06:46 AM »
I just want to say that I never meant to downplay Barret. When I said the band took off when Waters took over, I didn't mean they went from bad to good, I meant they went from great to absolutely astounding. Meddle showed the potential and Dark Side showed the greatness like no ther record. Wish You Here was another masterpiece the Wall is simply incredible.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 11:44:14 AM »
I just want to say that I never meant to downplay Barret. When I said the band took off when Waters took over, I didn't mean they went from bad to good, I meant they went from great to absolutely astounding. Meddle showed the potential and Dark Side showed the greatness like no ther record. Wish You Here was another masterpiece the Wall is simply incredible.
yeah, i get you. agree on everything you said about those albums. i just think if Barret had stayed they wouldīve come out with different shit, but personally i think it would have classified as absolutely astounding, too. just the way i see it

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 11:51:23 AM »
yeah, i get you. agree on everything you said about those albums. i just think if Barret had stayed they wouldīve come out with different shit, but personally i think it would have classified as absolutely astounding, too. just the way i see it

Who knows? I never meant to imply that Barret needed to leave for the band to take off. It just so happens that they did take off when he went nuts. His condition was the inspiration behind Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and some of the Wall. Although, I can't imagine the 70s stuff without Gilmour.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 11:40:44 PM »
holy crap infinite and i-bo are two of theeeeeeeeeebiggest idiots if they STILL feel that way....unbelievable

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 08:41:32 PM »
btw i wana hear that trauama freestyle

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 01:01:35 AM »
Damn.. that topic was hilarious.

WTF?

im in tears over "Chino XL would serve John Lennon" LMAO!!!!!!!

LMAO thaT's in the top10 funniest thigns ever. just somebody actually writing that down lol.

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 01:33:06 AM »
anyone got a link to that thread where infinite was gonna 'make' a new religion based around 2pac/all eyez on me based on the fact that he said that no matter how down you are that album gives you the energy to carry on