Author Topic: Books Worth A Read?  (Read 501 times)

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
Books Worth A Read?
« on: February 21, 2005, 07:03:38 AM »
I was in the Libairy just this morning and I'm not a big reader but I like to study abit about life & the meaning of things. So I picked up a book from Mitch Albom called "The 5 Persons You Meet In Heaven", it kinda explains that Heaven isnt a place, its an answer, I like this book but I'm curious which books are also worth it to give it a read in your opinion..

Thanks, Dieter.
40oz Graphire

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Books Worth A Read?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 09:32:17 PM »
1.  The Noble Qu'ran- by Allah- This is the supreme book of giudance for Muslims, Allah tells us in the Qu'ran that this book is a confirmation of what has came before it (the Gospel, The Torah, messages of all the prophets of the past), it offers an analysis on all things, and it is a giudance and a mercy to the believers.

2.  The Autobiography of Malcolm X- by Alex Haley-  From criminal thug, to black nationalist, to World renowned Muslim leader and martyr.

3.   Soul On Ice- by Eldridge Cleaver-  Basically this guy was just a thug and a rapist, then one day a prison gaurd ripped down the posters in his prison cell of white women, and told him that he'd only allow him to put up posters of black women.  He then realized he worshipped white women and wouldn't put up a picture of a black women, this thought angered and perplexed him, so he set out on a quest for knowledge to understand why he felt as he did.

4.   Makes Me Wanna Holler-  by Nathan McCall-  Another street thug turned intellectual type biography

5.  The Native Son- by Richard Wright-   My favorite fiction book, deals with communism and racism.

6.  The Celestine Prophecies- by James Redfield-  This book opened up the door to my spiritual quest almost 5 years ago, and it also taught me how to deal with others and experience life.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 01:40:20 AM »
1.  The Noble Qu'ran- by Allah- This is the supreme book of giudance for Muslims, Allah tells us in the Qu'ran that this book is a confirmation of what has came before it (the Gospel, The Torah, messages of all the prophets of the past), it offers an analysis on all things, and it is a giudance and a mercy to the believers.

2.  The Autobiography of Malcolm X- by Alex Haley-  From criminal thug, to black nationalist, to World renowned Muslim leader and martyr.

3.   Soul On Ice- by Eldridge Cleaver-  Basically this guy was just a thug and a rapist, then one day a prison gaurd ripped down the posters in his prison cell of white women, and told him that he'd only allow him to put up posters of black women.  He then realized he worshipped white women and wouldn't put up a picture of a black women, this thought angered and perplexed him, so he set out on a quest for knowledge to understand why he felt as he did.

4.   Makes Me Wanna Holler-  by Nathan McCall-  Another street thug turned intellectual type biography

5.  The Native Son- by Richard Wright-   My favorite fiction book, deals with communism and racism.

6.  The Celestine Prophecies- by James Redfield-  This book opened up the door to my spiritual quest almost 5 years ago, and it also taught me how to deal with others and experience life.

Thats very intresting, I'm going to try and get a few of those books you named if I can get them here in the libary.. But most of these books seem to be a very hard read but very intresting.. Thanks..
40oz Graphire

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 11:44:25 AM »
I was in the Libairy just this morning and I'm not a big reader but I like to study abit about life & the meaning of things. So I picked up a book from Mitch Albom called "The 5 Persons You Meet In Heaven", it kinda explains that Heaven isnt a place, its an answer, I like this book but I'm curious which books are also worth it to give it a read in your opinion..

Thanks, Dieter.

That is a very good book to read.  This might be off-topic of what you like to read, but The DaVinci Code (even though I disagree with it) makes some very good points about Christ.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 12:24:34 PM »

Thanks, Dieter.

That is a very good book to read.  This might be off-topic of what you like to read, but The DaVinci Code (even though I disagree with it) makes some very good points about Christ.

Is that also a book?
40oz Graphire

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 01:52:55 PM »
anything by John Grishman

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 03:01:07 PM »
anything by John Grishman

never heard of him. maybe u mean Grisham? I dunno, maybe i'm wrong. There's a good book called "The Firm"
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 03:02:57 PM »
^ yea, thats wat i mean, "the partner" is just incredible, but, everything he writes is incredible, dont even matter if ur into that lawyer shit, i mean, if he made books that i like to read, thats crazy

LaFresh

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 12:01:06 AM »
Working in the Dark,Always Running,Behold A Pale Horse,Rule By Secrecy,Black Boy,Insurgent Mexico

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 01:26:58 AM »
Fight Club (Palahniuk), The Science of Discworld (Pretchett), Faust (Goethe), How to be good (Hornby)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

mauzip

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 01:34:27 AM »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 08:39:02 AM »

why does that not surprise that this is your recomendation.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

mauzip

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 09:12:18 AM »
I don't know. Please tell me :)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 09:20:34 AM »
Maybe because you ^are an attention-whore who makes many useless posts in order to constantly show his presence even if he doesnt have anything to contribute at all.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin