Author Topic: who like's music from the 60's?  (Read 162 times)

Acgrundy

who like's music from the 60's?
« on: February 21, 2005, 03:38:38 PM »
stuff like the doors, jimi hendrix, bob dylan, pink floyd, jefferson airplane.  I think its really cool music.  Maybe list some real dope songs and/or albums by artists from that time period.

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
Re: who like's music from the 60's?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 03:43:27 PM »
Most '60s stuff I listen to is jazz like John Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, Miles Davis and my favorite, Sun Ra. And some computer music like Karlheinz Stockhausen. But you probably meant rock music.

Rock wise, I listen a lot to The Velvet Underground. You probably already know them, but if you don't. Check out their first album. It's a classic. The Doors are one of my favorite bands, too. Pink Floyd are great, but I don't listen to them much lately.

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 03:46:54 PM »
This bar I used to go to plays 60s music every wednesday. I don't know any track titles or anything, but I do like the sound from time to time.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 03:56:57 PM »
stuff like the doors, jimi hendrix, bob dylan, pink floyd, jefferson airplane.  I think its really cool music.  Maybe list some real dope songs and/or albums by artists from that time period.

Pink Floyd hit their defined sound in the 70s. I'd list songs but you have to listen to the entire albums to appreciate; Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall are my top 3.

My favourite Jimi songs off the top of my head are; Voodoo Chile, All Along the Watchtower, Little Wing.

Doors;The first album was a classic, and LA Woman was also great.

Dylan; any album between The Free Wheelin' and Nashville Skyline.

I'd also recommend, The Beatles(of course), The Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Buffalo Springfield, the Birds, The Animals, the Turtles, and I'll think of more later.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 04:56:20 PM »
I'm a big fan of Hendrix, The Doors, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Van Morrison, BB King, The Yardbirds (when Clapton was guitarist, wow), Buddy Guy.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 05:35:21 PM »
Jimi Hendrix definetly. Id pick up his greatest hits album.
Black Sabbath's Paranoid album i believe came out in 1969, which is one of my favorite albums.
then theres the doors.

and like lincoln said....bb king

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 08:04:07 PM »
ok can you guys Please list songs or albums from the following artists
 The Buffalo Springfield, the Birds, The Animals, the Turtles,  The Who, Van Morrison, BB King, The Yardbirds (when Clapton was guitarist, wow), Buddy Guy, velvet underground & , jefferson airplane

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 08:04:35 PM »
btw all the 1s i dint list, i looove esp doors, zep and beatles

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 08:39:21 PM »
 The Buffalo Springfield, the Birds, The Animals, the Turtles,  The Who, Van Morrison, BB King, The Yardbirds (when Clapton was guitarist, wow), Buddy Guy, velvet underground & , jefferson airplane

Buffalo Springfield- Mr. Soul, For What It's Worth

The Animals - House of the Rising Sun, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

The Turtles - Happy Together, She'd Rather Be With Me

The Who - Baba O'reily, Who Are You, Can't Explain, Behind Blue Eyes, Won't Get Fooled Again, Bargain, The Seeker, My Generation, Substitute, Picture of Lily, etc.

Velvet Underground - The entire first album. (It's got a yellow bananna on the cover.)

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 08:46:13 PM »
Blah! This is a "RAP" board, get the hell outta here with that hippy shit!

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 08:50:38 PM »
:)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 08:54:36 PM »

I'm going to assume this is a joke, since you used to create a new thread everytime Brian Wilson took a shit, and write paragraghs on how great a person MJ is.

Why haven't you answered my question in the Springsteen thread? You always dodge that question. Why?

Acgrundy

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 10:18:32 PM »
well the only song I know by Jefferson Airplane is : Don't You Want Somebody to love.  I really like that song.  If you don't know what song that is, its the one that Jim Carey does the kareoke for in Cable Guy, which is a classic scene.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 10:10:02 AM »

Van Morrison - The entire Moondance album, Astral Weeks album

BB King- Anything by him is good really

The Yardbirds  - New York Blues, My Girl Sloopy, A Certain Girl, Jeff's Blues, etc..

Buddy Guy - Anything is good

Jefferson Airplane - Only song I really know is White Rabbit (I think it's called), it's a pretty crazy song.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Throwback

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 10:52:12 AM »
i like the four tops a lot lately. they're form the 60 too rite?