Author Topic: My Opinions On Tha Rap Game Today.  (Read 127 times)

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
My Opinions On Tha Rap Game Today.
« on: August 22, 2002, 08:09:31 PM »
My opinion on tha Rap Game? This shit is gettin too much like the WWF.

You got all these muthafuckers battling eachother. Tag Teamin'. People hop Lables like they're joining the NWO. Rappers be actin all Gangsta Gangsta and "Ooooh Yeah" Macho Men on the T.V... but then go home to their family's at the end of the day and take off their masks. The "Realness" is all gone... everything has to do with money. Dont get it twisted... there's still some good shit out there.. But you got to look Underground... like Backyard Wrestling.

I just wish more Rappers rapped about Real Life shit... Like when I was young, and believed Wrestlers got into real life fights.

Certain Artists -

Dr Dre - Alright. Very Talented. Probably one of the best Hip Hop Producers of all time. He deserves Credit. But he aint no Gangsta... so he should leave that alone. We dont even know the Real Andre Young. Cuz he dont be rappin about his real self.

Xzibit - Also one of my Favorite rappers. He gots raw talent, crazy on tha Mic. Spits alot of REAL shit... but then again, he's been known to fake tha funk. First off... claimin the West Coast, I think he mainly Represents to get street credential. Cuz when he came out, Detroit wasn't really blowin up, Imagine if he would have started rappin a few years later... after Eminem... I bet we'd hear Xzibit hollerin' "Detroit What?!" in his songs. And who tha fuck wants to claim New Mexico.

Suge Knight and tha DPG - Just too much Drama. Drama we shouldn't even know about. Cuz if it were real, they'd handle it like they're supposed to. Bunch of fuckin publicity... It's like a big ass soap Opera with them sometimes. Like my first point.. A big Soap Opera.. just like wrestling.

My main point though... is people get too caught up in the Artists Image rather than really listening to their music. People care way too much about Looks and Personality and less about Lyrics and Beats. And that's what fucks it all up cuz that leads to tha Artist gettin big headed.

And most rappers will play it off... like Dr Dre or Xzibit... they'd probably say some shit like "It Aint Nothin But Muuuusic... dont take it so seriously, it's just entertainment" but then in their songs they talk about how they're the "realest Niggaz".... too many contradictions... TOO MANY contradictions to even try to figure out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

ALKAHOLIK21

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: My Opinions On Tha Rap Game Today.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 08:36:56 PM »
amen brother speak on it!!!!  i think u hit the bullseye on this one

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 08:41:02 PM »
I agree with you there. The rap game is fuck up at the moment. It's ruled by $. No one does it for the love of hip hop anymore.

S.G.V.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2002, 09:00:40 PM »
Criminal the philisophical member!!...always droppin knowledge...the shit u said hit the nail right on the head...