Author Topic: i feel like the testament is rap album of the year so far...  (Read 220 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
i feel like the testament is rap album of the year so far...
« on: February 26, 2005, 11:31:18 AM »
this is like 8 years old and it still has more replay value than anything thats dropped since the start of the year. the concepts, the production, lyricism, his flow is just trash tho. if you're into that 90's grimey ny shit then i think you will really like this. the documentary was dope, dont get me wrong, but it had zero replay value for me because all he does is name drop and the beats were good, but everyone was making it out to be the next 2001 production wise.
i just heard the massacre and its too long. thats the problem with alot of albums today. he should have kept it to 10 or 12 tracks.
i liked baltimore love thing but the concept was done much better by ali vegas and camron, i know a few others have done it better too. starchild by o.c. is really the only album out now that i think comes close.
i think beans could top cormega cause hes just in top form as an mc, and it when it comes to picking beats, he has a good ear. feel it in the air is crazy. what ya life like III is a guaranteed banger. 8)
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Sikotic™

Re: i feel like the testament is rap album of the year so far...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 11:39:09 AM »
Yeah man, I gotta admit that Cam track was way better than Baltimore Love Story.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 12:10:38 PM »
the documentary was dope, dont get me wrong, but it had zero replay value for me because all he does is name drop and the beats were good, but everyone was making it out to be the next 2001 production wise.

So it has zero replay value because he says names in his lyrics?

ABN

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 12:14:33 PM »
well i´m a fan of both Mega and Game and i can´t choose which one i like the most  :-\ i was honestly expecting this Mega album to be a classic but it certainly isn´t and the same shit with Game´s album. but the best album to drop this year was John Legend´s album IMO it shits on both The Doc. & The Testament

broken_sword

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 06:55:50 PM »
i just heard the massacre and its too long.thats the problem with alot of albums today. he should have kept it to 10 or 12 tracks.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 10:30:15 PM »
yeah the testam,ent is a dope album...but i dont care whats album of the year so far.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 09:34:35 AM »
So far...most likly
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 09:37:54 AM »
the documentary was dope, dont get me wrong, but it had zero replay value for me because all he does is name drop and the beats were good, but everyone was making it out to be the next 2001 production wise.

So it has zero replay value because he says names in his lyrics?
dude, i know ur trying to deny it, but his shit is rediculous, as someone said, the album should have been called "the dedication"

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 10:38:04 AM »
True, it's like Gza's "Fame", I can't stand all the names, one listen to that song and that was it.

::)

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 11:38:30 AM »
i dont know so far for me it is Phinally Phamous lil wyte. that shit is good and he keeps it him not no fuckin gimmick like 50 cent.

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 11:44:45 AM »
oh shit i cant remember if that was out this year or not but anyway if it was then that is it and if not then i dont know yet. we still got busta da bigade and the playaz circle, dre, ja fool's sing along album and many more so yeah. but my bad

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 12:02:53 PM »
True, it's like Gza's "Fame", I can't stand all the names, one listen to that song and that was it.

::)
;).. and btw.. comparing game to gza..  ::)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 12:08:25 PM »
I'm joking, but seriously, I don't get how that "name dropping" annoys people so much.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 12:17:06 PM »
^ all you gotta do is look at that list that was posted, of how many times he mentioned people.. i mean if it was a song or 2, of course i dont mind if he mentoions dre and snoop and doggystle and illmatic, that was the basis of his upbringing and were he learned rap from, or some crap liek that, but i mean hes on a different level... "the dedication"... he should be rapping like that 9 min freestyle