Author Topic: Pope says gay marriage part of 'ideology of evil'  (Read 747 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Pope says gay marriage part of 'ideology of evil'
« on: February 23, 2005, 09:50:14 AM »
The Pope's latest book has sparked controversy for the passages in which he calls same-sex marriages a part of "a new ideology of evil."

In the book released for sale Wednesday, the Pope refers to the "pressures" on the European Parliament to endorse same-sex marriages.

"It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man," he writes.

Memory and Identity is based on taped and transcribed conversations he had with friends in 1993. Proceeds of book sales are earmarked for charity.

The book release was met with widespread interest following his recent stay in hospital on Feb. 1 where he was rushed for flu-related respiratory problems, an ailment some feared would be fatal.

But jubilation among worshippers at the Pope's recovery was not enough to quail further criticism of his latest book.

It raised the ire of Jewish groups who denounced the Catholic leader for allegedly comparing the Holocaust to abortion saying that both came about when leaders tried to seize "the law of God."

"It was a legally elected parliament which allowed for the election of Hitler in Germany in the 1930s and then the same Reichstag that gave Hitler powers which paved a way for the political invasion of Europe and to the creation of concentration camps and for introducing the so-called 'final solution' of the Jewish question, which meant the extermination of millions of sons and daughters of Israel."

The pope continued, "We have to question the legal regulations that have been decided in the parliaments of present day democracies. The most direct association which comes to mind is the abortion laws. ... Parliaments which create and promulgate such laws must be aware that they are transgressing their powers and remain in open conflict with the law of God and the law of nature."

The pontiff also describes the 1981 attempt on his life and attributes his drive to get through the ordeal to his faith. He was shot while riding in an open car in St. Peter's Square.

"Yes, I remember that journey to the hospital," he wrote. "I remained conscious for some time after. I had a feeling that I would survive. I was in pain, I had reason to be afraid, but I had this strange feeling of confidence."

According to media reports, the Pope believes the assassination attempt was not gunman Mehmet Ali Agca's initiative, "someone else masterminded it and someone else commissioned it."

With files from The Associated Press

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1109175818790_104585018?hub=topstories

Interesting article.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

mauzip

Re: Pope says gay marriage part of 'ideology of evil'
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 09:53:45 AM »
We always knew this pope is backwards and has no sense of reality at all. This only confirms that.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 09:53:58 AM »
he had reason to be afraid of dying? fuckin bitch
btw i  agree on the gay mariage, but abortion compared to hollocaust ::)

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 09:55:12 AM »
but abortion compared to hollocaust ::)

yeah, that only makes him look like a brainwashed retard, which he probably is

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 11:15:16 AM »

He said they compare in the way that both were governement endorsed killing. He obviously believes that an unborn child is a life and in that regard he isn't too far off. He never said the abortion laws were more sadistic than the holocaust.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 11:23:24 AM »
He hasn't died yet ?  ;D Send that nigga back to Poland.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 12:38:42 PM by Max Powers »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 11:37:05 AM »
the Pope is 100% right
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 11:38:50 AM »

He said they compare in the way that both were governement endorsed killing. He obviously believes that an unborn child is a life and in that regard he isn't too far off. He never said the abortion laws were more sadistic than the holocaust.

he compares abortion to the holocaust, that's already bad enough

and remember that:

popes + holocaust = not a good combination

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 11:39:52 AM »
the Pope is 100% right

This comment pretty much shows the piece of shit you are as a person.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 12:11:29 PM »

he compares abortion to the holocaust, that's already bad enough

and remember that:

popes + holocaust = not a good combination

I'm not saying I agree with him, but from a legal point of view abortion laws and killing laws issued in Germany back in the 30s and 40s aren't too different to someone who thinks a fetus is a human being. He wasn't implying that human rights activists are trying to kill off all the babies like Hitler wanted to with the Jews. From a legal standpoint I don't think he was too far off. I've heard worse things by better people.

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 12:21:11 PM »
Abortion does NOT equal murder.

I don't wanna start a discussion about abortion, but there is a big difference between removing a foetus of a few weeks old and killing a human being. And shit, you can compare everything to Nazi Germany. The Nazis invented the autobahn, does that mean autobahns are evil? No.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 12:44:14 PM »
i think that abortion is murder, but he could have picked a better analogy.

mauzip

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 12:46:52 PM »

seriously, shut up if you have no idea what you're talking about

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 01:13:04 PM »
Abortion does NOT equal murder.

I don't wanna start a discussion about abortion, but there is a big difference between removing a foetus of a few weeks old and killing a human being. And shit, you can compare everything to Nazi Germany. The Nazis invented the autobahn, does that mean autobahns are evil? No.

You are being close minded and ignorant. Okay, you believe that abortion is not murder or killing, but the Pope and Catholics do. I was not professing my personal opion on the matter. I was merely explaing that from the point of view of a man that thinks abortion is murder then signing a bill that allows women and doctors to abort their children is not too different than signing a bill that allows the death of Jews. Now there is a difference in the fact that victims of a Holocaust have no choice and neither do the killers. The Jews could not refuse death and the soldiers killing them could not refuse to kill them with out punishment. Now one could argue that the babies have no choice, but unless a bill is passed that says all women must abort each child then the two instances are different, but not too different. The similarity lies in the fact that it is Governement sanctioned killing. It is definately killing, whether you believe that a fetus is a human or not, it is still an organism that is being destroyed. To you it's fine because it's not a real Human, but to the Pope it is not fine because it is a human. Science changes my friend. Today we may think something is like this, but tommorow it could become something completely different. Anyone that thinks Science is definate is a moron who hasn't read history. You never know what scientific discoveries lie ahead.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 01:18:22 PM »
seriously, shut up if you have no idea what you're talking about
So a child that is breathing, and has a heart beat isnt alive?