Author Topic: MAN VS. MACHINE NOT LOOKIN GOOD  (Read 1255 times)

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Re: Re: (JAE)
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2002, 07:58:21 PM »
Ok but you broke up what i said too much and missed my point. I dont care if people on the east hear it or not, all i know is that i hear it and like it. But I know they do because no matter where you are you can hear music. east or west.
Alright, I'm feeling you.

Some of the stuff you said was really stupid. "liking only one west rapper isnt good enough" Ok why? I like way more than one so dont get me wrong but why do you care what other people like. People dont have to like westcoast rap at all. They should but if they dont then its they're loss.
"Stupid"? No. I didn't mean that people "have to" like western rappers; what I meant by "liking only one west rapper isnt good enough," was basically just that west coast artists need more support right now (especially from non-west coast people) because they're not getting enough props from other areas of the country (because, if they don't, they may not get the motivation that they need to continue making music).

"Westcoast hip hop needs to be (and should be) heard everywhere (including the east, and NOT just on the westcoast. That's what Incognito means when he says that "West coast hip-hop needs help."

Why? As long as we hear it does it matter? And it is heard everywhere. As long as you have the internet you can hear it. And Ive never been to a cd store and never seen a west cd. How do you know what Incognito means anyway. He might mean westcoast hip hop is shitty and thats why it needs help. I sure hope thats not what he ment...
Eastern radio stations don't play Westcoast tracks nearly as much as Western radio stations play Eastcoast tracks. Also, I don't know that that is what Incognito meant, but IMO it sure seemed like it, especially based on the overall message of his posts.

"we need the mainstream scene to be great, as well (and not just the underground scene)."

Again i ask, WHY? who cares as long as we can hear it then thats great. I DO NOT EVEN CARE THE SLITEST BIT IF WESTCOAST RAP IS POPULAR! in fact id rather it wasnt so it could still hav the underground sound to (some of) it. who cares if the mainstream is great. I hate 3 quarters of what is considered "mainstream".
We need the mainstream scene to be strong, because then Western hip hop will be more likely to be gain play in different areas of the country, thereby promoting unity (between different areas).

Westcoast rap isnt in danger, It isnt dead and never was. Ill be just as happy lisening to my DJ Quik cd if I was the only person in this whole world that bought it.
No, it's not in danger, but it could certainly use a boost (i.e. "Oh My God" and "Detox"). ;)

Peace

West Coast Veteran

Re: MAN VS. MACHINE NOT LOOKIN GOOD
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2002, 08:10:14 PM »
I'm feelin' all the tracks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2002, 08:14:21 PM »

I just love when S.G.V. post's......

Whoa!!! Aria...

That ass is so amazing... :P

Snoop or any muzik can't fuck wit' that funk!

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2002, 09:00:21 PM »
i'm not feelin it either... multiply was 'aiiight' but nothing amazing..

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2002, 09:03:11 PM »

Symphony X

that song is wack as fuck..and the hook really kills it..

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2002, 09:31:25 PM »
Yup, I gotta say, things are looking bad for X to the Z. I thought Restless was a very solid, bangin album, contrary to what many people think. It just goes to show what my standards are, and if Man vs Machine can't even live up to em, I can't imagine what others are gonna say. But I'm goin way over my head, we'll see how things play out once I get my hands on the retail album

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

themovie

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2002, 09:33:17 PM »
All of you hate on xzibit for the beef with snoop dogg ?
According to jome,we are all snoop dickryda for that  ::)

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2002, 10:07:03 PM »
IS IT JUST ME OR HAS ALL THE XZIBIT SONGS OF THIS ALBUM THAT HAVE BEEN LEAKED BEEN TRASH.  SO FAR WE HEARD 3 SONGS AND ALL THREE HAVE BEEN AVG OR BELOW.  SIMPHONY X IS TRASH, MULTIPLY IS TRASH, AND LOSE YOUR MIND IS TRASH.  IT SEEMS LIKE XZIBIT IS STARTING TO RHYME LIKE EMINEM SAYING COMEDIC SHIT TRYIN TO BE FUNNY, SHIT LIKE, "MAGIC JOHNSON SHOULD RUN FOR MAYOR, LITTLE KIM SOLD ME PUSSY BUT I DIDDNT PAY HER".  THIS SHOULD GO INTO THE TOP 100 WORST RHYMES OF ALL TIME.
XZIBIT WAS SAYING THAT HE PUT HIS ALL INTO THIS ALBUM LYRICALY BUT SO FAR IM NOT SEEING IT.

I agree 100%

Juice

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2002, 11:37:42 PM »
I agree. And i'm the last person in the world who can be labelled as a Snoop dickrida. ;D

Banjo

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2002, 12:47:41 AM »
i'm not feelin it either... multiply was 'aiiight' but nothing amazing..

2Pac/Dre
[Now let me welcome everybody to the wild, wild west  
A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness
The track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest  
Pack a vest for your Jimmy in the city of sex]

Jome

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2002, 02:50:16 AM »
All of you hate on xzibit for the beef with snoop dogg ?
According to jome,we are all snoop dickryda for that  ::)

Xzibit doesn't have beef with Snoop Dogg, but Snoop Dogg gave Xzibit a little sharp remark on a track to diss Suge Knight.
That's not much of a beef.
And you are the only one on this board who apparently SWITCHED on Xzibit after your hero gave him a little remark in a song.

You always blowing things out of proportion to make Snoop come out on top.
You are the prime example of a extreme Snoop-fan together with Slickkafella.

And Antonio: What you mean about do or die album?
Restless went 2x plat.

I have only heard 2 tracks yet, so I can't judge anything, but those 2 tracks were both dope. Both with dope Dre-production, and with NICE guest-spots from Snoop & Nate Dogg.

themovie

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2002, 02:54:26 AM »

Xzibit doesn't have beef with Snoop Dogg, but Snoop Dogg gave Xzibit a little sharp remark on a track to diss Suge Knight.
That's not much of a beef.
And you are the only one on this board who apparently SWITCHED on Xzibit after your hero gave him a little remark in a song.

You always blowing things out of proportion to make Snoop come out on top.
You are the prime example of a extreme Snoop-fan together with Slickkafella.

Restless went 2x plat.

I have only heard 2 tracks yet, so I can't judge anything, but those 2 tracks were both dope. Both with dope Dre-production, and with NICE guest-spots from Snoop & Nate Dogg.

Maybe u are high off too much crack.
I've said Xzibit is a bitch but i will support his music cuz i think his album will be tight,i don't think i'm a xzibit hater.
ARE U ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ?

Juice

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2002, 03:02:45 AM »
Restless went 2x plat.

I was referring to my consideration for Xz. It's a do or die album for me. He betta make it good like his first 2, or i'll start loosing respect for him. That's all. 2x plat doesnt mean a shit. Da Game Is To Be Sold Not To Be Sold was a 3x plat if i'm right. Does it mean it's a good album? Naw, cause IMO it's garbage!

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2002, 03:09:32 AM »
So far from what I heard its a step up from Restless. I still miss the shit from At the Speed of Life. That's when X was in his prime.

word silkotic !!!
at the speed of life is da shit !!!

hey..btw..the honey looks dope ass fuck !!!!!
much love :D
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

themovie

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2002, 03:11:54 AM »

I was referring to my consideration for Xz. It's a do or die album for me. He betta make it good like his first 2, or i'll start loosing respect for him. That's all. 2x plat doesnt mean a shit. Da Game Is To Be Sold Not To Be Sold was a 3x plat if i'm right. Does it mean it's a good album? Naw, cause IMO it's garbage!

Xzibit will be worried if u will start loosing respect for him,
so worried he will end his music career