Author Topic: Regime change in Iraq only brought along a much more religious, anti-US regime!!  (Read 118 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The US really never wanted to have elections that would yield these type of results, but when Sustani led that massive protest almost a year ago they gave in.

The Shia's announced today that Jaffari was going to be their leader.  Jaffari is kind of a figure head for the devout Shia's lead by Sistani.  If America wants to reduce the influence of Islam in the region, then they made a critical mistake, because Sadaam was secular, yet Sistani is one of the most powerful figures in Shia' Islam.  Not to mention, Shia's stick together, when a figure like Sistani says something they are religiously obligated to follow it, whether they are in Iran or Iraq, they are united.  And if Iraqi's hated the US before, they really hate the US now after seeing 100,000 of their people die over the last couple of years.

(Although Bush and Cheney did accomplish one of their goals, they have made billions off Iraqi oil, but as a leader, I think they would prefer Sadaam to Jaffari)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 04:40:50 PM by Muharram 1426 A.H. »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Muharram 1426 A.H.:
Not to mention, Shia's stick together, when a figure like Sistani says something they are religiously obligated to follow it, whether they are in Iran or Iraq, they are united.

the shia in iraq fought against the shia in iran in the 8 year war.  iraqi shia are arabs and not persian, and apparently there's a strong sense of nationality within the iraqi shia.

(Although Bush and Cheney did accomplish one of their goals, they have made billions off Iraqi oil, but as a leader, I think they would prefer Sadaam to Jaffari)

they made billions off the war.  they are making billions off the reconstruction efforts.  they are building something like 15 permanent military bases in iraq. saddam was a strong leader.  once the u.n. sanctions were lifted, it would have taken some time but iraq had the infrastructure to return to prominence.  the retained the infrastructure to develop wmd.  none of this is possible under jaffari.  it would take 40-50 years for iraq to become any sort of military threat, and the u.s. will always have a strong presence within iraqi borders.

bush and cheney have completely succeeded.  100%.  the only question is to what extent the iraqi people can benefit from this upheavel, but that is only a bonus.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Muharram 1426 A.H.:
Not to mention, Shia's stick together, when a figure like Sistani says something they are religiously obligated to follow it, whether they are in Iran or Iraq, they are united.

the shia in iraq fought against the shia in iran in the 8 year war.  iraqi shia are arabs and not persian, and apparently there's a strong sense of nationality within the iraqi shia.

they made billions off the war.  they are making billions off the reconstruction efforts.  they are building something like 15 permanent military bases in iraq. saddam was a strong leader.  once the u.n. sanctions were lifted, it would have taken some time but iraq had the infrastructure to return to prominence.  the retained the infrastructure to develop wmd.  none of this is possible under jaffari.  it would take 40-50 years for iraq to become any sort of military threat, and the u.s. will always have a strong presence within iraqi borders.

bush and cheney have completely succeeded.  100%.  the only question is to what extent the iraqi people can benefit from this upheavel, but that is only a bonus.

Your posts are well thought out, and I enjoy reading them, but my post had no further implications than what was said in the title. 

In no way was I saying that Iraq is stronger now than it was before, that this war has improved their country, or that America didn't accomplish many of their objectives.  I was simply stating that a more religiously devout regime is in power, and that Iraq hates America even more today than when Sadaam was in power. 

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Muharram 1426 A.H.:
Your posts are well thought out, and I enjoy reading them

but my post had no further implications than what was said in the title.

i don't disagree, i simply wanted to look at things from a slightly different perspective.

In no way was I saying that Iraq is stronger now than it was before, that this war has improved their country, or that America didn't accomplish many of their objectives.  I was simply stating that a more religiously devout regime is in power, and that Iraq hates America even more today than when Sadaam was in power. 

i agree with what you are saying.  however, i think it's interesting to note that the tradeoff the united states has made is that the iraqi govt is much weaker than saddam, and has no control over the nation outside of the areas where there is a strong u.s. military presence.

this is like the terrorism argument as a whole.  there's probably 100x the anti us sentiment now than there was before the war.  however the terrorist infrastructure is believed to have been weakened, and while terrorists can stir up all sorts of problems in iraq; how much harm can they do in the u.s.?  this is the tradeoff the u.s. seems willing to make.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

i agree with what you are saying.  however, i think it's interesting to note that the tradeoff the united states has made is that the iraqi govt is much weaker than saddam, and has no control over the nation outside of the areas where there is a strong u.s. military presence.

this is like the terrorism argument as a whole.  there's probably 100x the anti us sentiment now than there was before the war.  however the terrorist infrastructure is believed to have been weakened, and while terrorists can stir up all sorts of problems in iraq; how much harm can they do in the u.s.?  this is the tradeoff the u.s. seems willing to make.

Word.  I feel that.  No doubt, it's like now you have plenty of angry people running around but they don't have any real power to do anything about there situation.  And I made a mistake when I said power and the Iraqi government in the same sentence, they don't have any real power.

Yo, so do you think the US and Isreal will bomb Iran's nuclear sites this year?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 09:22:18 PM by Muharram 1426 A.H. »