Author Topic: WTF: Kanye C'mon Bra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 294 times)

Kal EL

WTF: Kanye C'mon Bra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 25, 2005, 03:55:56 PM »
In the WTF moment of the week I saw this at AllHiphop.com

Kanye West To Pose Nude?
By Remmie Fresh
Date: 2/25/2005 4:29 pm

Earlier this week, Kanye West suggested that he should be compensated to appear on the cover of magazines, because his mug drives subscriptions and off-the-rack sales.

While most publications scoffed at the notion, citing it’s a reciprocal publicity relationship for the artist. However, one cutting edged magazine has opted to take the rapper up on his offer.

Playgirl magazine has offered the Chi-town favorite the opportunity to appear in their magazine for a fee if he agrees to pose nude.

To the New York Daily News, West said, “These magazines make money from ads and subscriptions. So if you're putting me on the cover and people are buying your magazine because of me, why shouldn't I get paid to be on that cover? You are going to have to pay me to do magazine covers now.”

Thus, far neither West nor his representatives have indicated whether or not he will accept Playgirl’s offer.

The last rap heavy weight to appear in Playgirl was Big Daddy Kane back in the early 90’s. His hardcore image suffered from his manly revelations.

Sikotic™

Re: WTF: Kanye C'mon Bra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 04:08:39 PM »
Damn  :grumpy:
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 04:24:35 PM »
HELL YEAH :rock:

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 09:19:43 PM »
isn't Mauzip a Kanye fan?

if not he's about to be

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 12:40:18 AM »
Kanye is just in the rap game to make money. lol at people who told This man was real ???

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 12:54:12 AM »
smart move :D

-KIDRENEGADE-

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 01:54:25 AM »
Kanye is just in the rap game to make money. lol at people who told This man was real ???
wich rapper isnt in the rapgame to make money...

---Hiphop Harted taking it back to where it Started---
2004s Number 1...

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 02:26:33 AM »
lmao

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 04:14:45 AM »
wich rapper isnt in the rapgame to make money...
I meant mcs who care about music first (Nas, Ras Kass, Wu, Common...) and don't do stupid things like that

Elevz

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 07:40:21 AM »
Great move... This way he won't appear on that many covers anymore, so he's kinda killing his own promotion. Now who's talking about consciousness here?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 09:31:47 AM »
"I guess niggas do anything to sell records" - Sticky Fingaz
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 07:20:14 PM »
KANYE'S MAGAZINE EGO TRIP

Your Grammy winning boy, Kanye West, is at it again..... Recently Kanye spoke up at a recent media brunch in Beverly Hills attended by Daily News contributor Jawn Murray and made the following statement...

"These magazines make money from ads and subscriptions, but I know that part of what drives subscriptions and ads is who these magazines put on the cover." West continues "So if you're putting me on the cover and people are buying your magazine because of me, why shouldn't I get paid to be on that cover? You are going to have to pay me to do magazine covers now!"

So how did several top magazine editors take this?

Esquire's David Granger: "I think he's on the verge of creating a whole new industry, but I don't think he'll be all that successful. There's no chance of us paying him to do a cover, but I wish him all the luck in the world."

GQ's Jim Nelson: "Our West Coast editor, Chris Huvane, was at that brunch, and he sent me an E-mail that Kanye West is insane. When I read it, I did a spit-take. Kanye clearly does not understand the sacred economics of magazines. We're notoriously cheap."

Ebony's Lynn Norment: "I love Kanye, but we don't pay for covers. Never have and never will. He has a lot of learning to do." (West did agree to appear for free on Ebony's April cover.)

Blender's Craig Marks: "That's probably not gonna happen. I'll say this for Kanye West - he definitely has a healthy sense of self."

Only Playgirl's Michelle Zipp would even countenance West's modest proposal. "Usually celebrities pose on our cover for the publicity," she told me. "But I would certainly consider paying Kanye West. But he would need to take his clothes off."

Put the ego in check Kanye. - Andreas Hale

:D ;D

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 07:38:11 AM »
this guy and his weak ass flow reminds me of puffy more and more every day
dude needs to shut the hell up and just keep makin beats

'EclipZe

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2005, 10:21:16 AM »
more show then gangsta