Author Topic: The Beatles - Please read and comment  (Read 1675 times)

Trauma-san

Re: The Beatles - Please read and comment
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2005, 08:57:07 PM »
^ i dont agree nor repect your opinions

Of course you don't. Tell me, how many albums by the bands I listed did you actually hear?

Second of all, how much trouble do you have playing Jimmi Page's riffs? I pretty much have no trouble. And funny thing is, I'm probably the worst guitarist ever. If you want music that needs at least 10 times as much talent as Led Zeppelin, and is more creative - you know, without ripping off Leadbelly's riffs - you should hear New Millennium Cyanide Christ by Meshuggah.

I hate to keep piling on you, but you're so ignorant it's maddening.  You admit you're a shitty guitar player, and then judge how good a guitar player is, by how hard it is to duplicate his riffs.  That's not what makes a good guitarist.  A good guitarist only needs to be competant, the talent lies in creativity, not in how fast or hard you can play.  Here's a little analogy, since I'm sure you don't agree with me... but you're about to.

Lessay you have a car, it can go 120 miles an hour, no problem.. but it's a piece of shit Yugo.  Your neighbor has a car that can go 150 miles an hour, no problem, and it's a fuckin' FERRARI.  Nice car, beautiful.  Your neighbor on the other side, has a car that can go 200 miles an hour! It's shaped like a fuckin' turd, has a 5 foot wing on the back of it, and has room for 1 person to sit in it!

Which car would you want, asswipe? 

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2005, 10:04:23 AM »
^ i dont agree nor repect your opinions

Of course you don't. Tell me, how many albums by the bands I listed did you actually hear?

Second of all, how much trouble do you have playing Jimmi Page's riffs? I pretty much have no trouble. And funny thing is, I'm probably the worst guitarist ever. If you want music that needs at least 10 times as much talent as Led Zeppelin, and is more creative - you know, without ripping off Leadbelly's riffs - you should hear New Millennium Cyanide Christ by Meshuggah.

I hate to keep piling on you, but you're so ignorant it's maddening.  You admit you're a shitty guitar player, and then judge how good a guitar player is, by how hard it is to duplicate his riffs.  That's not what makes a good guitarist.  A good guitarist only needs to be competant, the talent lies in creativity, not in how fast or hard you can play.  Here's a little analogy, since I'm sure you don't agree with me... but you're about to.

Lessay you have a car, it can go 120 miles an hour, no problem.. but it's a piece of shit Yugo.  Your neighbor has a car that can go 150 miles an hour, no problem, and it's a fuckin' FERRARI.  Nice car, beautiful.  Your neighbor on the other side, has a car that can go 200 miles an hour! It's shaped like a fuckin' turd, has a 5 foot wing on the back of it, and has room for 1 person to sit in it!

Which car would you want, asswipe? 

Hey, that's a terrible comparison. I think Dream Theater are one of the most boring bands ever. But who cares? It doesn't change a thing about John Petrucci being able to play stuff that is 1000000 times harder than anything Jimmy Page could play.
And as I said before. Jimmy Page ripped blues guitarists off. He stole a lot of their riffs, how is that creative? Considering you know everything that MTV and mainstream music magazines told you, you should know the awnser to that question.

its pro-black though.. so our nigga 'finite gotsta love it

For that matter, Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP" is more genius than anything the Beatles have done.  And so is the "Eminem Show".  Eminem is the 2nd greatest musical artist in history behind 2pac.

I'll post up some Eminem lyrics from those albums later, and we can compare them to "He Loves You Ya! Ya! Ya!" and get the same results.

Are you kidding me?

2Pac and Eminem are superior to Jimi Hendrix, Queen, Chuck Berry, Elvis Prestley, Prince, Curtis Mayfield, Stevie Ray Vuaghan, Eric Clapton, Johnny Cash, Marvin Gaye, Bob Dylan, etc...?
You sir, are a fucking jokehave poor taste in music. (It was immature of me to comment on his specific character instead of the topic at hand.

Elvis? Come the fuck on. He's the definition of overrated shit and should not be taken seriously. Besides, there are more than enough bands/musicians in modern day music that could easily be considered as good - if not, better - than most on that list. It's the legendary status of those artists they got because of the time they started.

Like, let's say, Led Zeppelin. Pretty cool band, but for Christ's sake, how fucking overrated can a band get? On every aspect, if I may add. They weren't that original - a lot of their riffs are ripped off from older blues riffs. They weren't that talented (Jimmy Page is not one of the greatest guitarists of all time, influential, I guess, but my God, he's not the most talented. The bass is fairly simple and Robert Plant's singing was just good. John Bonham, now that's talent). One song dragged on for too much time. Kashmir was fun, then the second minute of the song started and you'll start to lose interest.

Meshuggah, Slint, My Bloody Valentine, Opeth, Black Flag, Sonic Youth, Bad Brains, Joy Division, all belong on that list as much as most bands on that list do.

Did you get dropped on your head?   You can't figure the difference between music you LIKE, and music that's TALENT.   

You said Coldplay and The Foo Fighters are some of the only talented bands left because you happen to like them. So fuck off and don't contradict yourself. Coldplay and the Foo Fighters wish they'd have the talent Dillinger Escape Plan, Meshuggah, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai en Dream Theater have. (And I can't stand the last 3 artists I mentioned).
And nice, Elvis did a lot of different stuff. What good is it if it sucks? He's a joke.

As I said a milion times before. I'm all for quality over talent. I just respect talent. Minor Threat is one of my favorite bands ever and they play some of the most basic music ever. I even like the fucking Raincoats  that sounded like they got their instruments handed to them 2 days before they recorded their debut. Like I care, it sounds good.

Oh here's another thing for you to cry about;
Danny Carey from Tool is a better drummer than John Bonham for the overrated band known as Led Zeppelin.

Also, quote me where I said that I disliked Led Zeppelin. I just said they are extremely overrated. But yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to quote me where I said that I hated them.

It's funny how you consider yourself a holiness when it's about musical knowledge, but if anything, you are the opposite. You consume mass opinions like "Oh my God! Jimmy Page is the greatest!!!oneoneone" without even thinking about them. Wake up, the only music you know of is on MTV's or mainstream magazines' radar.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 02:47:26 PM by The New Pollution »

hope glimmers

• 'G'
  • thats me
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2005, 10:11:37 AM »
elvis was not a good guitar player by any means, ive only been playing guitar for 2 years and im better and know more about guitars than he did.  elvis only knew how to play three chords himself, some of his songs have more, but they we played by back up guitarists and added in to make him look more talented.  hes a joke... just like trauma said  and this is coming from an oldies lover.... what can i say, its a guilty pleasure  :-[
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 10:13:14 AM by hope glimmers »
love stinks yeah yeah

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2005, 02:49:27 PM »
hes a joke... just like trauma said

Actually, I said Elvis was a joke. Trauma accepts the mass opinions, not me.

salvador

• 'G'
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2005, 04:17:44 PM »
michelle is funky as hell

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2005, 04:38:35 PM »
^ the song, its dope as hell, i dont know how it constitutes as funky, its just a soft song paul sings about a love 1, and its amazing...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2005, 05:54:50 PM »
Hey The New Pollution;

Music is subjective. Get over it okay. Just because the bands you like aren't as highly regarded as bands like Zeppelin doesn't mean you have to go on all these tirades. Okay, so Petrucci can do things with an instrument that Page can't, big deal. Page manages to touch people with his music. Keep in mind that it was the people that made Zeppelin huge, not the record companies. Their highest selling album saw almost on AM radio play (which was the chosen frequency of the day), and didn't even have their band name on it.

Bands like that get spread around by the people. Zeppelin, Metallica, Sabbath, Velvet Underground, The Doors and bands like that get passed around by their fans and that creates more fans, and all of a sudden they become legends. These bands had a kind of magic in their songs and performances, or a they brought a new sound to the music table. Most of the guys you named so far aren't much more than Randy Rhodes rip offs. These guys have great technical skills and not much else. They lack the intangible element that makes legends. This doesn't mean they aren't good, but good is relative. You have to understand that.

If you really want high quality players you should sit in on rehearsals of any major symphony orchestra, because these piano virtuosos are way ahead of anyone in Tool, and any one of the lead violinists could/would play the shit out of any guitarist you can think of.

Personally, I go with soulful music and lyrics as my taste. This means anything that moves me musically or lyrically. Guys like Bruce Springsteen. I'm also a big fan of Bob Seger, Bob Dylan, Ritchie Havens, Joan Baez, etc.

Trauma-san

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2005, 06:55:04 AM »
elvis was not a good guitar player by any means, ive only been playing guitar for 2 years and im better and know more about guitars than he did.  elvis only knew how to play three chords himself, some of his songs have more, but they we played by back up guitarists and added in to make him look more talented.  hes a joke... just like trauma said  and this is coming from an oldies lover.... what can i say, its a guilty pleasure  :-[

Elvis is not a joke.  And you don't know a fucking thing ,(obviously) about Elvis' guitar playing.  Have you seen his 68 comeback special?  Elvis isn't considered "The King of Guitar Playing " (that would be Chet Atkins, another guy you know nothing about), he's considered the "King of Rock & Roll", and he is.  Just because you were still a sperm in your daddy's nut sack when Elvis ruled the world doesn't mean he wasn't great.  It just means you're late. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2005, 06:25:38 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not to take anything away from Mr. Guitar, but isn't Jimi more renowned as the king of guitar? I'm not trying to tear down what you said. Maybe Jimi doesn't get as much credit down south.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2005, 02:57:32 AM »
people like Steve Vai , Joe Satriani and JOhn petrucci are no doubt better guitar players than jimmy page and jimmi hendrix......but jimmy page and jimi hendrix made better music plain and simple.

like home boy said above me most of them are randy rhoads or Eddie Van Halen rip offs they might be able to shred like there's no tommorow but seriously when you listen to their music it's more of a circus act than music when you watch g3 dvd it's just steve joe and yngwie doing scales at 100 mph

« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 03:02:44 AM by BIGjakeDOGGYdogg »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2005, 06:04:06 AM »
Hey The New Pollution;

Music is subjective. Get over it okay. Just because the bands you like aren't as highly regarded as bands like Zeppelin doesn't mean you have to go on all these tirades. Okay, so Petrucci can do things with an instrument that Page can't, big deal. Page manages to touch people with his music. Keep in mind that it was the people that made Zeppelin huge, not the record companies. Their highest selling album saw almost on AM radio play (which was the chosen frequency of the day), and didn't even have their band name on it.

Bands like that get spread around by the people. Zeppelin, Metallica, Sabbath, Velvet Underground, The Doors and bands like that get passed around by their fans and that creates more fans, and all of a sudden they become legends. These bands had a kind of magic in their songs and performances, or a they brought a new sound to the music table. Most of the guys you named so far aren't much more than Randy Rhodes rip offs. These guys have great technical skills and not much else. They lack the intangible element that makes legends. This doesn't mean they aren't good, but good is relative. You have to understand that.

good post

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2005, 06:06:05 AM »
yea, i like to listen to music, not just a bunch of rediculous riffs, which are sick, but i like singing, and just music, not a constant alone guitar sound, its impressive but boring