Author Topic: 50 Cent - The Massacre  (Read 7250 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent - The Massacre
« on: February 26, 2005, 02:55:33 PM »
1. Intro(Produced By Eminem) - dont rate intros

2. In My Hood (Produced By C. Styles & Bang Out) -  dope kinda dre influenced production.50 has a different(better) voice,great flow,lyrics are dope,same with the chours. 4/5

3. This Is 50 (Produced By Sha Money XL) - again dope beat,again kinda dre influenced.50 soudns great on it.4/5

4. I'm Supposed To Die Tonight (Produced By Eminem) - your typical eminem dark production,i have nothing againts it altough(like the songs he produced for pac) it gets too repetitive.lyrics are above average,deep,flow great and the chours is PERFECT imo.dont know whats about it,but sing it all the time.the whole of the song vibe makes it one of my fav cuts on the album. 4.5/5

5. Piggy Bank (Produced By Needlez) - everybody knew this track before it was even released.it way waaay overhyped but i looked at it from a different aspect.a lot of people expected hit em up stuff.but like 50 said these are only warning shots.production from looks like gunit in house producer Needlez is great,really grimy,pumping.flow from 50 is great and he actually raps with some emotions.chours is wierd but it is kinda catchy.lyrics are nothing to be really schocked about.he "dissed" nas preety good.once again the beat is what makes this song so powerfull imo. 4/5

6. Gatman And Robin (Feat. Eminem) Produced By Eminem - Wierd song. Definetly not better then the GRODT Em cut. 3/5

7. Candy Shop (Feat. Olivia) Produced By Scott Storch - 1st single which of course has to be a club banger.lean back part 2.i like it,it does have a banging beat and makes all the women crazy.and you have to look it that way.a club banger for the ladies. 3/5

8. Outta Control(Produced by Dr.Dre & Mike Elizondo) - higher part 2.i guess we can see what direction dre will pick for detox.i think those 2 beats(higher and this) are detox session part1 leftovers.of course a dre leftover(my guess) is still way better then anything else.50 created another classic club banger 4.75/5

9. Get In My Car (Produced By Hi Tek) - holy shit.this is funky.50 always flows great over hi teks beats and this aint no exception.funny and catchy chours,lyrics are funny,dope.great track overall 4/5

10. Ski Mask Way(Produced by Disco D) - beat is nothing special,boring but surprisigly 50 saves the songs with great flow and lyrics and dope chours. 4/5

11. A Baltimore Love Thing (Produced By Cue Beats) - really creatvie on 50s part, production is kinda weak though 4/5

12. Ryder Music (Produced By Hi Tek) - smoooooooooth as fuck.westcoast influenced beat.when i hear 50 on this type of tracks he sounds like a westcoast rapper imo.chours is great,laid back like the whole song 4/5

13. Disco Inferno (Produced By C. Styles & Bang Out) - on fire part 2.again dre influenced.lyrics are alright for a club joint,the beat is banging altouhg heard before 35/5

14. Just A Lil Bit(Produced By Scott Storch) - another banger from storch.gets kinda repetitive.3/5

15. Gunz Come Out(Produced By Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo) - mosh part 2.beat wise better then mosh.50 sounds great,lyrics are dope,again he raps with emotions.flow is dope again same with the chours. 4.5/5

16. My toy soldier feat. Tony Yayo(Produced By Eminem) - i was surprised eminem produced this.great beat from him.50's lyrics are above average,chours dope and even Yayo comes correct 4/5

17. Position Of Power (Produced By J.R.) - great beat from J.R.another deep song from 50,lyricaly he comes correct,flow is great. 4/5

18. Build you up(Produced By Scott Storch) - track for the ladies.banging beat.lyrics are because of the love topic of course nothing breath taking.average track.jamie foxx has a nice voice 3/5

19. God gave me style(Produced By Needlz) - deep,emotional track.great beat again from needlz. 4/5

20. So Amazing (Feat. Olivia) Produced By J.R. - track for the ladies, Cool I guess  3/5

21. I need 'em(Produced By BuckWild) - great track, 50 on some gangsta shit 4/5

22. Hate it or love it remix feat. The Game, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck & Tony Yayo Produced by Cool & Dre - remix from the documentary.50's rap is great,same with game and young buck.but its banks and of course yayo who ruin the song. 3/5

Overall this is asolid follow up to his debut. I think the whole vibe of the cd is better then on GRODT. I recomend everyone to give it some time.it will grow on you
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:56:45 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

Killa-G

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • GATE 13 Style
Re: 50 Cent - The Massacre
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 05:45:28 AM »
hahhahahhahahah loooooooooool
this album is for rnb and hip hop fans a classic but not for those who bumpiin westcoast gangsta rap!!
this is wack , every track the same topic!! (---baby, sup, i wanne get to know you, you tha hottest lady..bla bla!!!
G-A-T-E 13

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 07:38:32 AM »
How is this is a classic for hiphop fans Killa G?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 08:46:52 AM »
hahhahahhahahah loooooooooool
this album is for rnb and hip hop fans a classic but not for those who bumpiin westcoast gangsta rap!!
this is wack , every track the same topic!! (---baby, sup, i wanne get to know you, you tha hottest lady..bla bla!!!

no one said it was classic.its pretty good for a 50 cent album

and like i said there are only 4 love songs out of 14,so you need to open your eyes

Jome

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 09:25:48 AM »
1. Intro(Produced By Eminem) - dont rate intros

2. In My Hood (Produced By C. Styles & Bang Out) - Coo beat, aight shoot-em-up lyrics, but 50 sounds like he got a cold.
Not on "What up gangsta" level. 3.5 of 5

3. This Is 50 (Produced By Sha Money XL) - Knocking dark beat from Sha Money, and 50 rips it at times. 4.25 of 5

4. I'm Supposed To Die Tonight (Produced By Eminem) - - Dope dark beat from Em, the chorus is crazy as well. 4.5 of 5

5. Piggy Bank (Produced By Needlez) - - One of Needlez best beats, pretty dope overall, addictive chorus. 4.25 of 5

6. Gatman And Robin (Feat. Eminem) Produced By Eminem - - No "Patiently Waiting", it's different but not really feeling it. 3.5 of 5

7. Candy Shop (Feat. Olivia) Produced By Scott Storch - - Beat was dope at first, but gets tiring, 50 sounds uninspired. 3.5 of 5

8. Outta Control(Produced by Dr.Dre & Mike Elizondo) - Club banger, Dre done did it again, chorus is crazy, but lyrics are made for radio. 4.75 of 5

9. Get In My Car (Produced By Hi Tek) - - Simple "in stock beat" from Hi-Tek, not really feeling it, 50 does aight. 3 of 5

10. Ski Mask Way(Produced by Disco D) - Beat is coo enough, 50 is impressive at times. 4 of 5

11. A Baltimore Love Thing (Produced By Cue Beats) - Sounds like (leftover) mixtape shit to me, but not all that bad. 3.5 of 5

12. Ryder Music (Produced By Hi Tek) - - Beat is kinda chill, but not great, laidback track. 3.5 of 5

13. Disco Inferno (Produced By C. Styles & Bang Out) - On Fire pt.2, nothing to write home about. 3 of 5

14. Just A Lil Bit(Produced By Scott Storch) - Nice flutes, beat should have been harder imo, 50's chorus is boring. 3.25 of 5

15. Gunz Come Out(Produced By Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo) - Nuts, bump this in your car on full blast !! Bass is crazy, and the keys completes it..
Chorus is classic, lyrics is some of that gangsta-shit. The 2nd time on the album Storch gets sonned by a Dre-beat back to back. 4.75 of 5

16. My toy soldier feat. Tony Yayo(Produced By Eminem) - Dope Em-beat, changes it up with some crazy synths
Dope verses, Yayo tops it off. 4.5 of 5

17. Position Of Power (Produced By J.R.) - Coo enough, not among the best tracks. 3.5 of 5

18. Build you up(Produced By Scott Storch) - Leftover from the last Ja Rule album, beat is only cool in the chorus. 2 of 5

19. God gave me style(Produced By Needlz) - Might be cool lyrics, but I don't know, I'm skipping the soft sing-a-song tracks. 2 of 5

20. So Amazing (Feat. Olivia) Produced By J.R. - - Another leftover from the last Ja Rule album. 1 of 5

21. I need 'em(Produced By BuckWild) - - Beat is straight jacked, not as dope as "Metal Lungies".
The borrowed beat makes it sound like a mixtape track, not neccessarily a bad thing. 3.75 of 5

22. Hate it or love it remix feat. The Game, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck & Tony Yayo Produced by Cool & Dre
Remix is coo, Banks kills it, but G-Unit sounds gay on Game's part of the chorus. 50 at his best on this track. 4.5 of 5

Overall: 6.5 or 7 of 10
50 is a hook-writing genius, with a gift for writing hits, but is unconsistant as a rapper.
The tracks made for the bitches makes the album fall several levels, but some Snoop Dogg fans might like the soft tracks as well.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 09:27:37 AM by Jome »

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 12:22:41 PM »
I like the album... nice review

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 11:12:42 AM »
7/10
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

xp

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 03:37:28 PM »
ive certainly heard worse, but i dont think this will do get rich numbers.
You think you're Afro-American?
You're a 14th amendment and a good nigga
Jews don't salute the fuckin swastika
but niggaz pledge allegiance to the flag that accosted ya

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 07:20:45 PM »
01. Intro ( not rated )

02. In My Hood - Decent production, gets better as the song moves along...50 brings nothing special here, just the usual, and his voice\flow sounds choppy on purpose...like he's trying to sound grimy ( * * 1\2 )

03. This Is 50 - Better than the previous effort. Slightly stronger performance from 50, chorus is aight...the beat's on the some horror movie type shit...nice ( * * * 1\2 )

04. I'm Supposed To Die Tonight - I don't know why but Em's beat here is kinda disappointing. It sounds too stripped down to the core, but for what it's worth, it's a solid piece of work...50's hook is annoying for the most part, but lyrically, he shines with some above average verses and the subject matter is decent ( * * * 1\2 )

05. Piggy Bank - 50 might've saved his own ass by declaring this as mere 'warning shots'. This is no Back Down, but the hype surrounding it alone gives it something a bit special. Needlz drops an ill beat, utilzing some dope strings, percussion & drums...tight as hell beat, and 50 Cent delivers the disses...nothing more nothing less. Chorus is catchy as shit ( * * * * )

06. Gatman & Robbin' - Neat little Batman theme here, but "Business" is much iller than this. Here it just sounds like they tried a bit too hard to bring forward the concept. 50 sounds kinda ridiculous trying to keep up with Em's goofy approach, but it's interesting to listen to. The beat is hot, with rotating bass tones and various Batman-esque keys. Lyrically, neither Em or 50 spit anything too noteworthy, so it's all about flow and charisma here. ( * * * 1\2 )

07. Candy Shop - The catchy lead single that sounds hot for a week, then radio plays the shit out of it...Scott Storch supplies his standard production...beat wise, here we get Terror Squad's "Lean Back" having sex with Jada's "U Make Me Wanna"...holy shit, that's interesting, since 50's got issues with both of them...funny how things work out. Anyway, 50's lyrics are basic, yet decent for first single material. Olivia's got a nice singing voice, for what it's worth. Chorus is built to sell. ( * * * )

08. Outta Control - Straight fire right here...Dre's beat is as banging as it gets, like everyone said it sounds like Higher II, but in my opinion, the instrumental is doper than Higher by a little. Everything from the bass to the drums to the melodies\keys, it's sick. 50 could NOT fuck this up even if he wanted to. He actually sounds inspired here, for a club cut. The chorus is my favorite of the album, and the lyrics are aight, nothing special, with a few hot moments. All about the production & delivery on this one. It's gotta be a single, this could blow up bigger than In Da Club if pushed enough ( * * * * * )

09. Get In My Car - This is a mix between filler and single material. Hi-Tek's beat is playful and catchy, but repetitve. 50's vocals are boring for the most part with very little quality...another potential single, seeing as how it's got that sunny laid back flavor, but it doesn't do much for me ( * * 1\2 )

10. Ski Mask Way - now this is more like it. Disco D laid down a sick mixtape like beat, which Em added to...really well put together keys and samples, creating an underground feel. 50 Cent spits street influenced lyrics about getting shit the fast way, typical mafioso type subject matter, but it's good enough here. Chorus is hot, too ( * * * * )

11. A Baltimore Love Thing - At least he tried something different this time. 50 gets creative and plays the role of heroin and vividly describes its power and influence. Brilliant concept, which he didn't fuck up...as far as verses & hook go, little to no flaws...it's just that the beat is too basic...it's good and rugged, but not really atmospheric or dark enough ( * * * * 1\2 )

12. Ryder Music - Nice beat produced by Hi-Tek...well-rounded production, and 50 spits some more laid back raps, still failing to rap about anything too significant...if it wasn't for the dope chorus and beat, I'd call this filler ( * * * )

13. Disco Inferno - the street single that's climbing the charts, still...On Fire II is right, though I dig "On Fire" much more than this...50 spits something for the ladies and for the clubs, laying it down decent enough...Dre's fingerprints are on this, and you can tell with a few trademark synths and drum patterns ( * * * * )

14. Just A Lil Bit - another track produced by Scott Storch. Some sick flutes and melodies in this beat, which only gets better as Dre's mixing comes into play...50's subject matter here is no different from Candy Shop...boring as hell lyrics, but the flow has its moments..by this point tracks are starting to sound the same... ( * * * 1\2 )

15. Gunz Come Out - I was expecting a little more from Dre behind the boards...the drums are nice and clean, the little piano loop is hot, and the Mosh-like melody is decent, but not one of Dre's best pieces of work...the chorus tries very hard to be grimy, it just sounds annoying...lyrically, a few ill lines but that's about it ( * * * )

16. My Toy Soldier - typical but sick beat provided by Eminem. 50 sounds good on this beat, spitting some occassional fire...Yayo drops a memorable verse and the chorus is pretty good. A much needed strong cut at this point in the album ( * * * * 1\2 )

17. Position Of Power - I love the instrumental. Very, very nice beat produced by J.R. Haunting piano play, drums, a few strings...this is the beat that should've been for Baltimore Love Thing, but oh well...50 lays down a good chorus and spits a couple of pretty decent verses...not bad at all ( * * * * )

18. Build You Up - very generic song, I must say. He's talking about the same shit, it's boring listening to this...Jamie Foxx's vocals aren't too shabby, while 50 sounds real uninspired. Scott Storch drops his worst beat of the album...while it's not garbage, it's no where near great...I hear  a piece of "Can't Deny It In There" on a melody... ( * * 1\2 )

19. God Gave Me Style - I'm not feeling the singing one bit, but what can ya do...it's 50 Cent. Needlz drops an OK instrumental, while 50 tries to get a little introspective and spiritual...eh, I'll give him credit for effort but this is basic filler ( * * * )

20. So Amazing - lyrically and topic-wise, this song is no different from a few others on the album, but it's the best of the bunch. I'm really feeling this track. Olivia's chorus is warm and sunny, like the beat. JR drops another great beat, this time it's more uptempo and radio friendly. 50's verses are alright, as it's the production and chorus that gives this a high mark ( * * * * )

21. I Don't Need Em - BuckWild drops a beefy, bass & horn driven instrumental...lyrically, 50 spits something somewhat raw, and fitting for the production...not bad at all, but it sounds like it's missing something ( * * * )

22. Hate It Or Love It Remix - it's kinda surreal listening to this song now, after the rivalry that's developed between G-Unit and the Game. Wrapping things up is the remix to an already dope song and current Game single...the beat is no different from the OG, so it's still a great one...50's verse is the same, but Game's is different...he's got the best one, followed by Yayo, then Buck, then Banks...tight way to end the album.

Overall, The Massacre is a good album, with some strong production and a few quality cut songs. Better than Get Rich Or Die Tryin? For now, no...but it's still growing on me, so time will tell. Thanks for reading, ya'll.

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 08:08:30 AM »
^^I like your reviews dude, nice detailed

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 05:44:30 PM »
Whatup Tuker...much thanks  8)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 06:42:09 AM »
Why should i have to listen to an album over and over to like it ?
that's forcefull love so it's fake as fuck.........that's like forcing yourself to eat something you diodn't like on tha first taste.
do you think those people on tha game show Fear Factor like eating and drionking tha nasty shit they give them ?
No !!! they eat shit and know it don't taste good but they keep going coz they wanna win win tha competition not because it tastes good.
 i listened to this album 3 times and still don't like it there ain't gonna be a 4th

3/10 and this is only bcoz i like 3 songs shit could've been worse  8)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 05:36:08 PM »
for me grodt is alot better than this, theres some real nice joints on this, but it aint got the whole hunger, vibe and great music top to bottom that the debut had, 50 had alot to say on that record, and everyone wanted to hear, about the 9 shots and everything, this album, its stll dope, but .....it aint no grodt.........but i wasnt expecting him to top it anyway, that was some real sick debut shit

i'll drop a review later, props on the reviews so far to though still

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005, 02:46:02 PM »
Gotta agree with the first review. The album is slightly better than GRODT to me. It's okay.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 12:17:05 PM »
ive certainly heard worse, but i dont think this will do get rich numbers.
Now I think you're wrong. About the album I like the first five tracks til this horrible song with Em. After that some good songs but to be honest I can't hear at least 6 songs (gatman and robin, baltimore love thing, Lil bit, Build up, So Amazing, God Gave me style). Give it 2.5/5. Nothing to be compared with GRODT