Author Topic: Game - The Documentary  (Read 2256 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Game - The Documentary
« on: February 26, 2005, 03:33:11 PM »
1. Intro (Produced by Dr. Dre & Che Vicious)

2. Westside Story (feat. 50 Cent)Produced by Dr. Dre & Scott Storch - everybody know this song.bangin still dre/in da club mix.and becuase of that you get the feeling they didnt really put all theyre effort into it.games talking about westcoast ressurection...50' chours is cathcy as fuck.westside! 4.5/5

3. Dreams(Produced by Kanye West) - nice kanye beat,couldve been a lot better though.chours is really heart pumping imo.great track 4,5/5

4. Hate It Or Love It (feat. 50 Cent)Produced by Cool & Dre - 2nd single.50 and game's flow are dope as fuck so are the lyrics.one of the best songs on the album 5/5

5. Higher(Produced by Dr. Dre & Mark Batson) - damn this is A westcoast banger,i could say anthem but i need more time to make that judgement.dope lyrics,dope flow and great snoop and dre intros. 4.5/5

6. How We Do (feat. 50 Cent)Produced by Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo - 1st single.another banging beat from dre.a very catchy song.lyrics are average but very catchy.compton uhhhhhhh 5/5

7. Don't Need Your Love (feat. Faith Evans)Produced by Havoc,Additional Production by Dr. Dre - great beat,co produced by dre. Nice track with some cool subject matter from game 5/5

8. Church For Thugs(Produced by Just Blaze) - eatcoast sounding.he sounds like jayz ont he track..crazy beat from blaze. 4.5/5

9. Put You On The GameProduced by Timbaland,Co-Produced by Nate Hills - club banger.this needs to be a single.lyrcis are average  but catchy like i said single material. 4.5/5

10. Start From Scratch (feat. Marsha of Floetry)Produced by Dr. Dre & Scott Storch - damn great dark beat from a great production duo.game raps with emotions.a lot fo emotions.great schours,overall a superb track 5/5

11. The DocumentaryProduced by Jeff Bhasker,Co-Produced by Jeff Reed - another great track.lyricaly best game track from he album.touches on a lot of present industry problems.his beef with jay,xzibit,guerilla black,ja rule.....chours is great 5/5

12. Runnin' (feat. Tony Yayo)Produced by Hi-Tek - holy shit.a westcoast laid back beat from hi tek.. 4/5

13. No More Fun And Games(Produced by Just Blaze) - now this is better from blaze..games lyrics are avergae but the flow is great.chours contains elements of "Gangsta, Gangsta" performed by N.W.A. 4.5/5

14. We Ain't (feat. Eminem)Produced by Eminem,Co-Produced by Luis Resto - i like this computer voice in the intro.really pumps you up.surprisingly good beat from eminem but it does get repetitive.eminem comes off better then game lyricaly. 4/5

15. Where I'm From (feat. Nate Dogg)Produced by Focus - oh wee.a westcoast laid back track from focus.nice lyrics from game,vocals from nate nothing special.that unreleased dre's verse would add a lot to the song.i like the dj scratches 4/5

16. Special (feat. Nate Dogg)Produced by Needlz - dope funky beat.lyrics are averge,flow is great.nate's hook suck 4/5

17. Don't Worry (feat. Mary J. Blige)Produced by Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo - nice dre beat.the main problem about the song is that it sounds like a mary j blige track.dark tracklyrics are average 3/5

18. Like Father, Like Son (feat. Busta Rhymes)Produced by Buckwild - dope kinda old school beat.lyrics are above average,personal.bustas hook is dope 4/5

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:42:33 PM by Meho »

Jome

Re: Game - The Documentary
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 05:11:23 PM »
Good review, I agree for the most part, but would give slightly better ratings on track 9, 12 and 17, but worse ratings on 7, 13 and 14.
What's your overall score.. ??

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 05:18:21 PM »
Yeah good review. I agree Higher should have been a 1st Single. Also agree about tony Yayo, I have yet to hear a song i like with him on it. I personally would have gave no.9 Put u on the game a higher rating.

[img]

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 10:09:08 PM »
i didnt like the game at the start but his albums is pretty good.
i like runnin,westside story, higher, start from scratch, and 'put you on the game'

that songs 'dreams' makes me angry What is so good about it the beat sucks some shit repeating it self over and over again it sounds gay, is just becuase kayne west is the 'big thing' so its sposed to be good or something.

Killa-G

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • GATE 13 Style
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 05:40:20 AM »
good review but 4. Hate It Or Love It (feat. 50 Cent)Produced by Cool & Dre isn't a 4.75!! I hate this tarck!!
G-A-T-E 13

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 09:33:40 AM »
Nice review. Overall it was a good debut album.

3.5 or 4/5

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 12:37:07 PM »
sick review homie, but id have given 5/5 for no more fun n games, just blazes second joint on the album. Its off the hook the beat is straight old school gangsta, anybody who dont dig this dont like nwa shit, the lyrics be sick.

just blaze gets mad props from me and nuff other cats for that joint, id also have a higher rating to put you on the game and special(basically cuz this is single material, kinda like 50 cents 21 questions).

but your review is dope

oh overall id give this album 4.25/5......its the westcoast grodt.....that introduced 50, this introduced game

they both different slightly ofcourse but overall i think they pretty similar and both get the same rating

bangin album

peace

« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 12:39:39 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 03:24:28 PM »
1. Intro
2. Westside Story 5/5...great beat, dope lyrics
3. Dreams 4.5/5
4. Hate It Or Love It 4/5
5. Higher 4/5....hated this at first, sounded too repetitve, but it's growing on me
6. How We Do 4/5
7. Don't Need Your Love 4.75/5...love the production
8. Church For Thugs 3.5/5
9. Put You On The Game 3.5/5
10. Start From Scratch 5/5....great beat, great lyrics
11. The Documentary 4.25/5
12. Runnin' 4.5/5....without Tony Yayo=5/5
13. No More Fun And Games 3/5
14. We Ain't 3.5/5
15. Where I'm From 3.5/5
16. Special 3/5
17. Don't Worry 4/5
18. Like Father, Like Son 4/5

Overall: 4.25/5

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 04:52:31 PM »
01. Intro ( not rated )

02. Westside Story - excellent way to introduce Game and the album. Thumping, vintage Dre beat, with Scott Storch supplying the sick keys...lyrically, Game does a nice job and his flow gets iller with each verse. 50's chorus was wack at first, but it grew on me. They should've made a video for this. * * * * *

03. Dreams - Kanye's beat is slower than his usual stuff, but it's tight. Real clean production and mixing here. Game's performance is great and overall the song has a nice vibe. Video should be hot. * * * * *

04. Hate It Or Love It - one of the Documentary's more solid efforts. Nice old school sounding instrumental, and both 50 and the Game come correct on the verses. It's a tossup as to who's outshines who. Chorus is classic. * * * * *

05. Higher - Dre drops an extemely tight beat for Game to rip, and he does it very well. Real energetic for a club banger, the hook is proper and lyrically, Game does his thing and reps the West the most. I love the parts where Snoop and Dre each drop a line. First time I heard it and  Dre said "look out for Detox", I got chills. * * * * *

06. How We Do - One of the best commercial singles released in the last few years. Game and 50 Cent lay down catchy verses over an equally catchy instrumental. Dre's use of the 808's and the melodic keys\strings are top notch. * * * * *

07. Don't Need Your Love - I don't know why but I'm not feeling the beat too much on this cut. It's very well put together, but it might be too mellow for my tastes. Lyrically, The Game shines and Faith Evan's vocals are fitting, but a little repetitive. * * * 1\2

08. Church For Thugs - Tight beat put down by Just Blaze, but I was expecting something more along the lines of "Breathe". Still, the production here is nice. Game delivers a strong performance and his delivery is awesome. Hook is hot. * * * *

09. Put You On The Game - Game cooks up a dope club banger with Timbaland. Everything is hella dope from the verses to the chorus to Timbo's basic, yet extremely hot beat. Should be released as a single. * * * * *

10. Start From Scratch - My favorite track off the album. Dre & Scott Storch team up to lace this with SICK keys, strings and the drums are real crisp. Simple, yet classic Dr. Dre beat. The Game brings his A Game, lyric wise and the delivery\vocal production is very, very clever and well thought out. Marsha's chorus is very well done. This song screams 'Detox'. * * * * *

11. The Documentary - unknown producer Jeff Bhasker drops a real ill beat, and the Game rips it up superbly for the title track. The hook may not be too original but it's tight and the verses are hot. Top notch shit. * * * * *

12. Runnin' - Not feeling this beat all the way, either. It tries a little to hard to sound depressing, but on the whole, Hi-Tek did a decent job. Game shits on the beat with some great lyrics, and Tony Yayo's 16 wasn't really necesarry, but it does prove that The Game is way ahead of his G-Unit counterparts. * * * *

13. No More Fun And Games - Just Blaze laces a funky, old school throwback track for the Game to spit something hot. The song isn't all that, but it's tight enough. I love the scratches and samples. * * * *

14. We Ain't - hella tight collabo here as Eminem and the Game team up and drop a banger. Em's production is typical, but thumpingly sick and Game borrows his flow and does a nice job in keeping up. Em's verse was fire. * * * * *

15. Where I'm From - this cut has "2001 leftover" written all over it, cuz of the way it sounds. Focus's beat is tight and has a West Coast vibe to it. Nate's vocals are limited but decent, and the Game does his usual. Dope song. * * * *

16. Special - man, I'm feeling this one, mainly due to Nate's hook and the dope guitar play in the beat. Needlz came through with the production and the Game drops a few verses for the ladies. * * * * 1\2

17. Don't Worry - this sounds like a Mary J. Blige featuring Game song, but it's dope nonetheless. Mary's vocals are real nice, but it's the Game that handles things with his short, but ill verses. Dre's beat is layered, and comes off great, especially during Game's verses. The pianos in this one are sick. * * * * 1\2

18. Like Father Like Son - the most thoughtful, pleasant song on the album. Buckwild's beat is epic, Busta's chorus is memorable and the Game delivers one of his strongest, most solid performances. Wonderful ending to an awesome, awesome album. * * * * *

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 05:31:24 PM »
^^great review maybe just a lil bit too high scores but other then that i completley agree

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 05:42:11 PM »
Thanks man same to you. I guess I kinda favored a couple of tracks towards the beginning, but if they ( the singles ) help push enough units, I guess they deserve a high mark for what they're worth.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 11:15:17 AM »
9/10.  Will be best album of 05 unless Dre comes out or Common beats him.  It is hot!!  Classic!
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

xp

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 03:36:25 PM »
overall great albulm. I can play without skippin a track. which is rare.
You think you're Afro-American?
You're a 14th amendment and a good nigga
Jews don't salute the fuckin swastika
but niggaz pledge allegiance to the flag that accosted ya

'EclipZe

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 12:25:12 AM »
nice reviews, the album is fuckin tight  8)

mutherfucking real

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 09:50:09 AM »
the mutherfucking fake