Author Topic: i need help with my computer  (Read 69 times)

Thirteen

i need help with my computer
« on: February 27, 2005, 08:19:58 AM »
i was ripping this Montell Jordan cd to my computer so that i can hook it up on here but when i went to zip the file it said

"the path of the file....refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location"

i can't delete it or do anything with it... i've left the cd in there, i've tried to re-rip the cd, it's not a read only file, i'm the administrator of the computer...i've even gone into DOS and tried to edit/delete the folder, i did a scandisk and defrag just incase the memory was messing up...  i'm out of idea

and no i'm not going to format my hard drive

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: i need help with my computer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 08:45:14 AM »
take disk out

restart computer

begin zipping process

tell me how it goes

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 08:50:19 AM »
take disk out

restart computer

begin zipping process

tell me how it goes

i've tried that too, i let my computer do all the scandisks last night and i still can't do shit with this folder... i've tried to contact microsoft but my computer falls into some gay thing where i have to talk to sony... and sony has never been helpful

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 11:07:01 AM »
do that recovery thing and go back a couple days

i can send you montell jordan if it means that much to you

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 09:13:04 PM »
do that recovery thing and go back a couple days

i can send you montell jordan if it means that much to you

i always forget about that system restore and i thought for sure that it was gonna work but this Montell Jordan cd is UNFADEABLE!.... i guess next time i format my computer is the only time it's going to get off....thanks for the help though