Author Topic: You Wanna Know What Happened To 2Pac And Buckshot's One Nation LP?  (Read 221 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What is actually going on with or will One Nation album (Buckshot's album with Tupac) ever see the light of day?

I love everybody who mentions that album because it means people were listening and acknowledging and everything like that. To speak honestly, with Tupac leaving us it created a lot of holds. Death Row didn't see us as a platinum group that should have deserved enough priority to continue this album. I think it's unfair. I think it's fucked up that people like Dre and people like 50 Cent and Eminem are rapping over the same vocals that Pac and I did. So obviously they found an outlet for their album, but they put people like 50 Cent on it and they put people like Eminem on them and knocked us out the box. They found the songs and said "Hey, who are these guys? They're not platinum, fuck 'em, take 'em off." So for the people that want to know what happened to the One Nation album - that album was destroyed because we weren't seen as platinum or double platinum artists that would have made them go and re-do that album. If Pac was here, he'd have put a bullet in everybody who did that.

Do you have access to master copies of the album?

I got copies, but when Pac, rest in peace, came to me and gave me that album. He gave it to me himself. He gave me the cassette himself. Pac obviously didn't think that he was gonna die, so he gave me that album and it was rough, it was raw. There was no mixes... our vocals were all over the place. Whenever you hear the rough copy of the Tupac/Bootcamp stuff, that is the only copy. Our vocals were removed and replaced with artists like 50 Cent. Our album was taken apart by Interscope because they didn't feel like we were platinum acts.

But you do have the originals?

Yeah I do, I have the tracks with my vocals and his vocals. When I play those versions, you hear myself and Pac and nobody else. I don't think that was called what Jimmy Iovine or whoever else it was that did that, that's how it goes - you know. What I do is before I start my show, I usually play a song or verse off that album. Every show that I do, I honour Tupac and I play some Tupac stuff and I honour and I say this is off the One Nation album... blah, blah, blah.

But unfortunately there's nowhere for these people to buy it. Therefore they don't know. There's nowhere to buy the album, so it's kind of hectic promoting something that you know people can't buy. But, for the most part it's just personal. It's good that they can hear it.

Here's the entire interview.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: You Wanna Know What Happened To 2Pac And Buckshot's One Nation LP?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 12:06:04 PM »
if he aint gonna get paid anyway, why not leak that shit

BCC is good with or without pac

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 12:39:12 AM »
I feel everything that he said.  Pac would of never let it go down like this.  Pac got down with whoever he was cool with and it didn't matter to him who was platinum.  I've always disagreed with anybody appearing on these Pac records that 2pac wasn't cool with when he was alive. 

However, I would rather have those remixed albums then to have nothing.  Because everyone of them I love.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 02:52:50 AM »
i can c why the guy is upset the fact that he and pac did those songs and he jus got taken out and replaced by eminem why did he say dre and 50 tho. the last time i checked 50 did a hook on loyal to the game and dre didnt even wanna appear on there
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 01:11:53 PM »
Would be dope if we do ever get to here these tracks properly, does anyone know if any of the album has ever been leaked?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 04:55:52 PM »
I've always been interested to hear this. I think that a few songs have been leaked, I'm sure I've heard one or 2 before.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 06:12:13 PM »
they may not sell the most albums or anything, but ive always felt that if anyone should handle the unreleased 2pac it should be the outlawz.
I got a bird's eye view

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 08:15:13 PM »

hell if jt can release some of game's shit

buck should jus drop it.... fuck what afeni nem goin thru.. all them makaveli bootlegs.. he need to get his trunk hustle goin

they've been fuckin over alot of people who was suppose to have songs with pac..

i know thats that nigga momma..

but shit .... the originators need to eat jus like the new niggas she's sellin their shit 2

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »
interesting