Author Topic: Jamie Fox  (Read 374 times)

Kal EL

Jamie Fox
« on: February 28, 2005, 10:41:48 AM »
What do you think about Jamie Fox winning an Oscar? Any Opinions?

mauzip

Re: Jamie Fox
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »
I'm pissed off >:(

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 10:59:52 AM »
Shouldn't this be in Entertainment? If this were 1963 and Sydney Poitier then I'd understand.

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 12:19:05 PM »
I dont like that gay tattoo on the back of his head

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 02:18:13 PM »

Yeah, so much for the Ray sequel.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 02:32:31 PM »
He could always just grow his hair to cover it up.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 02:43:34 PM »

Dude deserves that Oscar.... and many other people of color before him do too.  Congrats to Foxx.

I heard/read the tattoo is fake... it's for a movie he is currently filming.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050217/ap_en_mo/film_minute_foxx_s_tattoo

Peace  8)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 02:47:17 PM by Ozir »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 04:40:17 PM »
Foxx won the award... my feelings, the right man won. I think Denzel winning was a bigger deal, mainly because it was not his best role, it was almost like a giveme Oscar because they never gave him one when he deserved it. After they FINALLY gave Denzel the Oscar, now it seems like African-Americans are finally on an equal field. If Foxx had not won, I'd have an issue, but I think everyone is finally playing in the same ball park. It actually gives me hope that there will be equality in award shows now.

But yeah, this was better talked about here when Denzel won. Jamie Foxx winning the award he should have won, I think it's entertainment. Now if we want to get into history, then that's cool. It's great to see equality is being felt in every level, it only took 139 years since slavery ended... lol. Sorry, had to put that in.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 07:25:46 PM »
Foxx won the award... my feelings, the right man won. I think Denzel winning was a bigger deal, mainly because it was not his best role, it was almost like a giveme Oscar because they never gave him one when he deserved it. After they FINALLY gave Denzel the Oscar, now it seems like African-Americans are finally on an equal field. If Foxx had not won, I'd have an issue, but I think everyone is finally playing in the same ball park. It actually gives me hope that there will be equality in award shows now.

But yeah, this was better talked about here when Denzel won. Jamie Foxx winning the award he should have won, I think it's entertainment. Now if we want to get into history, then that's cool. It's great to see equality is being felt in every level, it only took 139 years since slavery ended... lol. Sorry, had to put that in.

However, if Don Cheadle won instead, the racist card could not have been played.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 11:05:35 PM »
It really could have gone to anybody but Clint...the main actor from Sideways got robbed because CLint took his place.  Seemed to me that Cheadle played a much harder part than Foxx but hey thats just me

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 11:27:01 PM »
It really could have gone to anybody but Clint...the main actor from Sideways got robbed because CLint took his place.  Seemed to me that Cheadle played a much harder part than Foxx but hey thats just me

Foxx was imitating, Cheadle was acting.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 11:46:09 PM »
havent seen, nor have any interest in seeing, Ray. i cant imagine jamie foxx being that good. was is just the perfect role for him, or did he really step it up?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 07:02:02 AM »

I know, think about all those comedians that do dead on impressions. I could never see Billy Crystal playing Muhammed Ali and getting an Oscar, even though he does it way better than Will Smith. Now if Billy looked like Ali, then it'd be interesting. Not to say that Jamie was bad, I just don't think he was better than Cheadle.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 07:32:42 AM »

I disagree.  Foxx was imitating AND acting.

bui21

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 02:10:43 PM »
happy for the man