Author Topic: George W. Bush's Vision For a Democratic Middle East Is Coming True  (Read 866 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Has anyone been paying attention to what is happening in Lebanon? If you don't know, Lebanon is a small Arab country that is controlled by Syria. The Syrian army occupies the country and they oppress and torture the Lebanese populaion. A few weeks ago, a former prime minister of Lebanon was assasinated by Syria. Well, the people of Lebanon have apparently had enough because since then they have taken to the streets to protest the Syrian presence and have called for independence and freedom. Those kind of protests have been revolutionary in that part of the world and would have been unthinkable just years ago. And today the pro Syrian politicians in Lebanon have resigned in response to the dramatic public pressure, giving the Lebanese people a triumphant victory.

The reason that I bring this up is because the American neo-conservative vision is becoming reality before our eyes.  The radical democratic transformation of the Middle East has begun. Democracy and freedom are contagious, and what the US has accomplished in Iraq and Afghanistan cannot be contained by borders. What happened in Lebanon, the successful elections in Iraq and Afganistan, local elections recently held in Saudi Arabia, Israel and the Palestinians finally working for peace, Libya giving up its nuclear weapons program, etc.......these are all the products of President Bush's grand vision for the Middle East. When it is all said and done, the neoconservatives are going to be proven to be right and all the liberals, the Europeans, and anyone else who doubted the US will have egg on their face again (just like when they doubted President Reagan and the arms build up that ultimately led to the end of the cold war. As history shows us, liberals are always wrong when it comes to foreign policy. Iraq will be no different.)

Doggystylin

Re: George W. Bush's Vision For a Democratic Middle East Is Coming True
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 12:18:26 PM »
your right

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 12:18:36 PM »
When its all said and done, its gonna be vietnam times 10.

America= 50 Cent

You wont be going diamond forever ese
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 12:44:12 PM »

America= 50 Cent

More brilliant analysis from the pizza delivery boy. Not only does he provide  insightful political commentary like that, but he can also deliver your pizza to you in 30 minutes or less. What a multi-talented guy this OG Techniec guy is.......

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 12:49:54 PM »
As history shows us, liberals are always wrong when it comes to foreign policy. Iraq will be no different.)

LOL.  Except you forgot about the liberals that said there were no WMD in Iraq.  You forgot about the liberals that said Bush was crazy to suggest Saddam had ties to al-queda.  And apparently the liberal stance on the vietnamese war completely eludes you. 

You shuold really learn to apologzie every now and then for these absurd statements.

You were the guy who called the Iraq elections the first democratic election in the middle east.  I called you on it, and you just ran away. 

Are you practicing for a career as a GOP rhetorician?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 12:53:56 PM »

You were the guy who called the Iraq elections the first democratic election in the middle east.  I called you on it, and you just ran away. 

Iraq was the first national democratic election in the history of the Middle East. What other country was?

And liberals never said WMD's didn't exist in Iraq. All intelligence services across the globe said they had them. Even Bill Clinton spoke about Iraq's weapons programs in his state of the union speeches. They existed, they just have not been found. They are probably in another country like Syria right now. But liberals never disputed their existence, just the reasoning for going to war.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 12:55:49 PM by CWalker187 »

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 01:20:31 PM »
Once again we have CWalker talking out of his loose ass. Lebanon is not controlled by Syria. That's like saying every country the U.S. has troops in is controlled by the U.S.  Also, there is no proof that the Syrian government was behind the attacks. There's speculation, just like there was "speculation" about WMDs in Iraq, speculation about you being a fudgepacker, etc.. you get the point.

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 04:23:39 PM »
As history shows us, liberals are always wrong when it comes to foreign policy. Iraq will be no different.)

LOL.  Except you forgot about the liberals that said there were no WMD in Iraq.  You forgot about the liberals that said Bush was crazy to suggest Saddam had ties to al-queda.  And apparently the liberal stance on the vietnamese war completely eludes you. 

You shuold really learn to apologzie every now and then for these absurd statements.

Are you practicing for a career as a GOP rhetorician?
Ant, you should apologize.  It was a liberal who got us in to Vietnam in the first place, and a Republican who got us out.  If that war would have been fought the right way it could have been won, not saying that I agree with the Vietnam War.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 04:25:30 PM by Fathom »

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 04:40:15 PM »
I have said it before and I'll say it again... when it comes to foreign policy, there's no difference between Democrats and Republicans... their goals are the same... If the Republicans do something today, the Democrats will criticize it, even though they would've done the exact same thing.... and if the Democrats do something similar next time around, the Republicans will criticize it... they're just 2 hypocritical bitches wanting the same thing

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 04:45:06 PM »
I have said it before and I'll say it again... when it comes to foreign policy, there's no difference between Democrats and Republicans... their goals are the same... If the Republicans do something today, the Democrats will criticize it, even though they would've done the exact same thing.... and if the Democrats do something similar next time around, the Republicans will criticize it... they're just 2 hypocritical bitches wanting the same thing
I tend to agree 75% of the time.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 09:32:28 PM »

America= 50 Cent

More brilliant analysis from the pizza delivery boy. Not only does he provide  insightful political commentary like that, but he can also deliver your pizza to you in 30 minutes or less. What a multi-talented guy this OG Techniec guy is.......

Woman, you finally grew the balls to mention my name? After how many years lol? So tell me, you c walking Polack you, why you have the nerve to mention political commentary, when you wouldnt know Politics if it fucked your loose mother in the ass?

Shouldnt you be cowering in fear that Ali and Mohamed are planning to send United Airway Planes into that hick town somewhere in the Ohio backwoods? Or perhaps purchasing duct tape at your local supermarket? Reading some Ann Coulter or Dinesh D'Souza?

Now, bounce out of here before I take u serious, little one.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 09:46:43 PM »
A few responses:

Iraq was the first national democratic election in the history of the Middle East. What other country was?

And liberals never said WMD's didn't exist in Iraq. All intelligence services across the globe said they had them. Even Bill Clinton spoke about Iraq's weapons programs in his state of the union speeches. They existed, they just have not been found. They are probably in another country like Syria right now. But liberals never disputed their existence, just the reasoning for going to war.

It must be nice to have the luxury of making up your own version reality. 

Ant, you should apologize.  It was a liberal who got us in to Vietnam in the first place, and a Republican who got us out.  If that war would have been fought the right way it could have been won, not saying that I agree with the Vietnam War.

No actually I shouldn't.  Of course I am well aware of who got us into vietnam, but there is a difference between the actions of democrats and the opinions of liberals.

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 05:56:00 AM »
"Has anyone been paying attention to what is happening in Lebanon? If you don't know, Lebanon is a small Arab country that is controlled by Syria. The Syrian army occupies the country and they oppress and torture the Lebanese populaion. A few weeks ago, a former prime minister of Lebanon was assasinated by Syria. Well, the people of Lebanon have apparently had enough because since then they have taken to the streets to protest the Syrian presence and have called for independence and freedom. Those kind of protests have been revolutionary in that part of the world and would have been unthinkable just years ago. And today the pro Syrian politicians in Lebanon have resigned in response to the dramatic public pressure, giving the Lebanese people a triumphant victory."

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life even though i was in bed sick and couldn't go to the protests (I'll be there next time). Seeing the muslims and christians unified and protesting together in a place where 15 years ago we were killing each other was just a site to behold ... just incredible
And Hariri's sister's (who's a member of parlament)  speech in front of parlament was just so emotional and cut the goverment so deep it was beautiful

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 06:08:24 AM »
"Lebanon is not controlled by Syria"

are you fucking kidding me ? they're dictating everything to the Lebanese goverment , and not just the big things I'm talking if a public school principal is gonna get named the Syrians have to approve it , the economical agreements between the two countrys ALWAYS favor Syria because those cocksuckers in the goverment sold us out for a seat in parlament or the presdiency or to become ministers. So please before u say Lebanon is NOT controlled by Syria check ur facts.
They got in this position because of our weak leaders , and because we (the christians) destroyed each other at the tail end of the civil war because of two stupid leaders in Geagea and Aoun who should have unified there ranks ... It's our fault but God willing they're leaving and they're leaving forever

xp

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 09:48:32 AM »
will it still be part of Bush's plan for the region when the people democraticly elect an overtly anti american government. btw... Mubarak (sp?) is going to allow multi party elections in egypt also.
You think you're Afro-American?
You're a 14th amendment and a good nigga
Jews don't salute the fuckin swastika
but niggaz pledge allegiance to the flag that accosted ya