Author Topic: suicide  (Read 3312 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: suicide
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2008, 01:02:52 PM »
eye have no respect for niggas who think or talk about killing themselves especially if they dont live in no fuckin third world country..... like on the real how bad can ya situation be...... just because ya mommys and daddys dont get you that brand new beamer or benz shouldnt be no reason....... niggas talkin that suicide shit go and kill ya selves because majority of the time it be the types who want attention and eye be damn if eye am giving that attention

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2008, 03:37:16 PM »
eye have no respect for niggas who think or talk about killing themselves especially if they dont live in no fuckin third world country..... like on the real how bad can ya situation be...... just because ya mommys and daddys dont get you that brand new beamer or benz shouldnt be no reason....... niggas talkin that suicide shit go and kill ya selves because majority of the time it be the types who want attention and eye be damn if eye am giving that attention

oh no, he's back!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »
If selfishness is a virtue, does that make suicide virtuous?

Really. Isn't it a great sin to have others suffer for you? Aren't you being irrationally selfish when you demand someone to stay alive, just for the sake of your not having to miss them, despite of the pain they might be enduring?

You can't live for the sake of someone else. That's not life. If someone feels like they want to put an end to it... Accept it, instead of trying to control their will to life. Quit assuming their guilt and blaming them for their suicide, when it was a rationally selfish decision. Go ahead and denounce rationality if you will.

P.S.: it sucks to hear about your brother's death, Wykid... There's something highly suspicious about that situation though, but I guess you'll never get to know the truth. Just stay strong about your own life, that's all you can do (and I assume you are doing ;)).

Sorry, but suicide is selfish, no matter what way you chop it up...It may be selfish to not want someone to commit suicide for your own sake, but that doesn't take away from how selfish commiting suicide actually is.

I didn't say it wasn't selfish; I'm saying that being selfish is the way to be. I'd rather be dead and considered a coward, than alive and in pain. Thank God I'm a hero. I'm that selfish.

You have a terrible mindset...if everyone lived soley for themselves, this world would be worse than it is. Step it up. Self reliance is important, but that doesn't mean you have to live as a selfish asshole.

The idea behind it is really simple. I undertake actions only with myself as the primary concern, whether it be aiming for joy or development. Other people are a secondary concern. Let me make this real practical by giving you some examples.

I went out last night with a long time female friend of mine. Why? Because I like hanging out with her. I wouldn't be hanging out with her if I didn't get something positive out of it; something that outweighs the negative aspects (such as having to travel 60 miles by train to spend a weekend in the dullness of my parents' area, spending money on drinks in a bar, spending my time). The positive aspects outweigh the negative, thus I did go for a drink with her. We had a good time, because we selfishly appreciate each other's company.
She asked me for some personal advice. Why did she do that? Because my opinion is valuable to her. Why did I give her the advice? Because I enjoy being of value to her. I enjoy giving advice when she needs it.
Later on, some other friends dropped by in the bar. One of them had been sick all week and was getting to feel somewhat better now, but he told me humbly that he had felt like shit, but he already felt better at the prospect of the amount of positive energy I bring about. I like being of such influence to them, because I value them highly and they are important to me. Had I not valued them highly, then should I have bothered spending my time with them? Of course not. But I felt good for making him feel better. Why? Because I value him highly. That's a pat on the shoulders for my own judgement. So much for being a selfish asshole, huh?

I don't give dimes to bums who demand the unearned. I don't give money to charity organizations to buy off the guilt they purposely try to feed me. They live by a moral code I don't approve of. I try to be as good as I can: always through investments; never through sacrifices.

Now what if life has become unbearable... That's a very selfish conclusion. If the people around you don't have the value to make your life more worth living, why should you sacrifice your pain for them? Suicide can be perfectly reasonable.

I get your mindset, but I don't fully agree...you don't have to benefit out of everything you do. I do lots of shit from the goodness of my heart that doesn't benefit me at all...In fact, I can suffer to make someone feel good. Like, for instance, missing a basketball game to go to my sisters musical performance. That's just the way I am though...I have self reliance, but I'm not a me-me-me type of person...not by a long shot. I value my people just as much as I value myself.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »
I'm saying that being selfish is the way to be.

Thank God I'm a hero. I'm that selfish.

Those posts you made are so true. Even a mother that dies for her kids is selfish. She sacrifices herself because she wants her kids to live.

LOL...that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. That's the opposite of selfish, because she cares more for her kids than she does for herself...to the point where she's willing to end she all together for her children's existence. Think about it.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2008, 03:48:53 PM »
y'all seem to use a different definition of 'selfish'.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2008, 03:29:53 AM »
y'all seem to use a different definition of 'selfish'.

yes
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin