Author Topic: America cleans its human rights records and bans capital punishment 4 juveniles  (Read 547 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I was hugely suprised to find out that America gave the death penalty to under 18s, atleast your taking some small steps to improvement as it scraped through the supreme court 5 votes to 4. other offenders are Iran, China and Packistan who still execute juveniles.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 10:34:12 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

mauzip

this is ridiculous

Matrix Heart

lol I'd have a 10 year old executed, I don't care  ;D unless the family of the victim gave him/her a pass  :D

Sikotic™

There was a case of a 16 year old who broke into a house and killed the woman living there and buried her in the backyard. He then went back into the house, took the woman's daughter, and buried her alive right next to her dead mother's corpse.

Eventhough he's underage, that heinous crime isn't equal to that of an adult?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Matrix Heart

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/02/bus.shooting.ap/index.html

Wednesday, March 2, 2005 Posted: 5:21 PM EST (2221 GMT)

CUMBERLAND CITY, Tennessee (AP) -- A 14-year-old boy was charged with shooting a school bus driver to death as she drove her morning route Wednesday. A relative of the driver said she had reported the boy a day earlier for using smokeless tobacco on the bus.

None of the 24 students on the bus, ranging from kindergarten to the 12th grade, was hurt, even though the bus crashed into a utility pole after driver Joyce Gregory was shot.

Authorities declined to comment on a motive for the shooting or identify the high school freshman accused of killing Gregory, but neighbors said his name is Jason Clinard.

Public defender Jack Lockert, who met with the suspect for about 45 minutes, said he was in shock.

"We obviously feel like he has severe mental issues," Lockert said. "He's an A and B student and had never been in trouble before."

Two weeks ago, Gregory told family members she was having trouble with students chewing tobacco on the bus, according to her cousin Jacqueline Reed. After several warnings, she reported them to school administrators Tuesday, Reed said, adding that the 14-year-old was one of the students Gregory reported.

The shooting happened around 6:15 a.m. on an unpaved rural road just outside Cumberland City, about 50 miles northwest of Nashville.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jennifer Johnson said the suspect had not yet boarded the bus when the driver was shot. Police said the weapon used was a .45-caliber handgun, but they would not say where the boy got it.

"We've heard stories that there was an argument, that he may have been disciplined by the bus driver, but right now we're trying to sort through those stories to see exactly what happened," Johnson said.

District Attorney Dan Alsobrooks said the suspect has been charged with first-degree murder in Juvenile Court and was being held without bond. He said the boy could face adult charges as the investigation continues.

Gregory was a teacher's assistant for four or five years and had been a bus driver for the past two years, said Phillip Wallace, director of Stewart County Schools.

"I lost a good friend this morning, so I'm hurt," said Bill Austin, a schools supervisor. "We're trying to do our level best to get our kids through this. That's what we've got to do right now."

An informal school safety survey released Wednesday by the National Association of School Resource Officers says more than one in three school-based police officers say violent incidents on school buses are on the rise.

Almost eight in 10 of the school-based officers took a weapon away from a student on school property during the last year, according to the survey of more than 750 officers.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 02:37:28 PM by Diplomatic Kain »

Sikotic™

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/02/bus.shooting.ap/index.html

Wednesday, March 2, 2005 Posted: 5:21 PM EST (2221 GMT)

CUMBERLAND CITY, Tennessee (AP) -- A 14-year-old boy was charged with shooting a school bus driver to death as she drove her morning route Wednesday. A relative of the driver said she had reported the boy a day earlier for using smokeless tobacco on the bus.

None of the 24 students on the bus, ranging from kindergarten to the 12th grade, was hurt, even though the bus crashed into a utility pole after driver Joyce Gregory was shot.

Authorities declined to comment on a motive for the shooting or identify the high school freshman accused of killing Gregory, but neighbors said his name is Jason Clinard.

Public defender Jack Lockert, who met with the suspect for about 45 minutes, said he was in shock.

"We obviously feel like he has severe mental issues," Lockert said. "He's an A and B student and had never been in trouble before."

Two weeks ago, Gregory told family members she was having trouble with students chewing tobacco on the bus, according to her cousin Jacqueline Reed. After several warnings, she reported them to school administrators Tuesday, Reed said, adding that the 14-year-old was one of the students Gregory reported.

The shooting happened around 6:15 a.m. on an unpaved rural road just outside Cumberland City, about 50 miles northwest of Nashville.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jennifer Johnson said the suspect had not yet boarded the bus when the driver was shot. Police said the weapon used was a .45-caliber handgun, but they would not say where the boy got it.

"We've heard stories that there was an argument, that he may have been disciplined by the bus driver, but right now we're trying to sort through those stories to see exactly what happened," Johnson said.

District Attorney Dan Alsobrooks said the suspect has been charged with first-degree murder in Juvenile Court and was being held without bond. He said the boy could face adult charges as the investigation continues.

Gregory was a teacher's assistant for four or five years and had been a bus driver for the past two years, said Phillip Wallace, director of Stewart County Schools.

"I lost a good friend this morning, so I'm hurt," said Bill Austin, a schools supervisor. "We're trying to do our level best to get our kids through this. That's what we've got to do right now."

An informal school safety survey released Wednesday by the National Association of School Resource Officers says more than one in three school-based police officers say violent incidents on school buses are on the rise.

Almost eight in 10 of the school-based officers took a weapon away from a student on school property during the last year, according to the survey of more than 750 officers.

Yeah, he'll be rehabilitated  ::)

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Teenagers need to be held responsible for their actions, and they know the difference between right and wrong.

Jome

^^ And that's done by executing them, maybe that'll teach them.
America is considered a 3rd world country when it comes to death penalty, executing juvenile delinquents and mentally handicapped people is disgusting, imo.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Im under the law considered a minor.

I understand what murder is. If i were to go kill 30 people what are you supposed to do....put me through counseling?

Sikotic™

I guess keeping them in state facilities that taxpayers have to pay for is so much better. They'll come out and do that same damn thing all over again. If the death penalty is allowed for adults, it should be allowed for people that commit adult crimes, no matter what age.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
 ^Agreed.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 05:14:47 PM by Machiavelli »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i'm against capitol punishment, for the most severe crimes i believe a LIFE term in prison is warranted eg serial rapists serial murders and peodifiles, if you execute someone where is the chance to punish them they won't feel remorse after, they've just been given an easy way out. the other reason i'm against the death penalty is there is no rewinding the clock if you've sentenced an innocent man to death the is no undoing of that. for others i believe a regime of punishment (not brutality and torture but equally not a pussy ass system where it becomes like a hotel) and rehibilitation is the key, but the whole american penal system is fucked up anyway it all seems to be punishment and no rehibilitation so no wonder you expect all convicts to go out an do the same thing over.

has anyone been watching the torture season on channel 4? i was truely disgusted about not only the regime in guantamino bay and in american prisons...

basically in guantamino the regime is so fuck up your not going to get any information out of people but push them down 1 of 2 roads insanity or suicide. they did a mild 48 hour mock of the techniques used in guantamino by ex american interrigators, there were about 6 volunteers one man had to leave after 8 hours because the doctor said it wasn't safe for him to continue, another quit after he couldn't take it any more (these were all volunteers determined to stick it out to the end).

prisons in america not quite as bad but can be very brutal seeing people getting their scin burnt off by hugely excessives amounts of pepper spray being used so much so it effected people on other wards, brutal beatings and general heavy handedness, excessive restraints, encouraging gang fights etc. and the green wall which protects the prison gaurds and targets whistle blowers
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 05:18:19 PM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Sikotic™

Whether you agree with capital punishment or not is a different story. The fact of the matter is, capital punishment is instituted for those who commit terrible crimes. That's not changing any time soon. The issue at hand is the exclusion of minors. As long as capital punishment is allowed (and I have my beefs with cap. punishment, but that's for another day) I think minors should be subject to it as well if the crime fits and they have been proven without a shadow of a doubt to commit the crime.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
agreed^

btw nice sig  :)

mauzip

^^ And that's done by executing them, maybe that'll teach them.
America is considered a 3rd world country when it comes to death penalty, executing juvenile delinquents and mentally handicapped people is disgusting, imo.

I think it's strange America is the only Western country that has the death penalty. A recent poll in The Netherlands showed that 63% of all Dutch think we should reintroduce the death penalty again. And yes, I'm one of them.