Author Topic: Dr. Dre feat Snoop Dogg - Still D.R.E. (Live SNL) - different (very dope) beats  (Read 4233 times)

topshotta

I heard this cut like, I think it was about like a month before Dre's 2001-album came out in stores. This mp3 was like all over the internet before the album was released ni shiet. They(Dre&Snoop) were promoting Dre's new album on some U.S-show, I guess.. I ain't american so I don't know what SNL is but I guess it's some popular tv-show of some sort, whatever.. Don't think this track is anything special at all really.. It's just str8 up n down a live version of Still Dre, nothin more nothin less, the beat ain't different, you're a retard if you think that, whoever posted that... Cause it's just a dj playing the beat live on stage and Dre & Snoop is kickin their rhymes over it.. str8 up n' down.. Different from the original no doubt, it's a live performance. No wonder it sounds different.. HOWEVER! It's definitely one of the best live-version I've ever heard of a song really.. I've been bumpin this ever since i got a hold of it a bunch ov years ago.. Got it on a burned-CD that i'll STILL put in the system every once in a while.. yeah.. have tah say it again.. one of the best live-versions ov a song i've heard.. beside that this track ain't really nothin special though.. the sound quality could be better though, i guess there isn't any good audio version of this cut anywhere, cuz this sounds exactly the same as the one i've got years ago..  

Trauma-san

Another one to look for: Dr. Dre Live on Saturday Night Live, "Been There, Done That".  He has all these black chicks singing backup, and a live band, and he just murders it.  They drop it all down to just the chicks singing and shit, it was easy one of
the greatest rap performances I've ever seen.  It made that Jay Z/Roots shit look weak.  *I THINK, you can get that song on one of those SNL CD's they released, I'ma go check real quick, 1 sec.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00001QGNV/qid=1109987777/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/002-7238480-8963266

Amazon.com sells the CD, "Saturday Night Live: 25 years of Musical Performances, Volume 2"

You can listen to a 30 second snippet of Dre's song, but they dont' get to the funky part until near the end. 

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B00001QGNV001006/0/002-7238480-8963266
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 06:00:51 PM by Trauma »

Suga Foot

Dr. Dre "Been There, Done That" (Live From SNL)

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0OZYIYD7CQNS303HZKGJSDE2KY

I remember staying home to watch that back in the day.

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
shit yall quick to find all that....

Anyone got the episode with Pac on SNL with Snoop i think it was?
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
shit yall quick to find all that....

Anyone got the episode with Pac on SNL with Snoop i think it was?

I been tryin to get that shit for the longest...I cant get this still dre to play though...I need the SNL version of lodi dodi....that was the dope shit....If yall can help me holler back!!

Trauma-san

Hey! Thanks for posting that up.  That's one of his best beats, anyways.  I love the girls in the background, plus how hard Dre tears it up on the mic.  My favorite is when they break it down really low... 

"You Know you're fading,.... outta my life... an I think it's bout time... that you leeeeaaaaaave"

The drummer keeps just dropping DEAD in the background, Dre rips some tight ass rhyme, and then the drums fall back in hard and they move on through the next line.  Great performance. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 07:12:17 PM by Trauma »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props

Don Seer

got the vid for this.... snoop wearing a suit that looks like newspaper

i aint seen that dre/been there done that one tho.. just checkin the audio now..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
the still dre is dope, but its not much different, its just a live instument sound instead of a studio computer sound

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Yeah I have the video of this SNL performance on CD-R... Snoop was wearin a newspaper type dress like seer said

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
props for this, its tight, but aint as good as the original

~ Westcoast News Network ~

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
props

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hope this link hasnt expired (currently @ work). pretty sure it will have though... if it has can someone re-up??

TRG

yeh i keep gettin a error when i try to download.. any body re-up this?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
uppin' it