Author Topic: the 50/game situation (sorry for yet another post)  (Read 9985 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: the 50/game situation (sorry for yet another post)
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2005, 11:27:35 AM »
get out of your imaginary bubble, kid

look in the mirror and say that again
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2005, 11:38:13 AM »

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2005, 11:42:25 AM »
damn yr good mellow

JERZ DEVIL

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2005, 01:44:41 PM »
Mel Man's post are really insightful...the other post with the info on Dre's secret vault was straight fire. But I'm going to be honest..this post starts by telling us not to take sides...then goes into a complete biased RIPPING of 50. On one hand you don't know what 50 was thinking for airing out Family Biz in public...but then YOu air out 50 in public..and that's real talk. A lot of the stuff Game was spitting was easily as crazy as 50...in fact I think in most polls it's around 50% in saying that 50 was justified in his actions on Flex. You keep hyping up 50's ego when BOTH of those cat's have an EGO the size of a small state. If all of this stuff was REALLY supposed to be behind the scenes THEN this post wouldn't exist (even though we benefit from the insight you give us) The 50 negative criticism comes through LOUD and CLEAR(and comes off IMO a little hypocritical)  As much as you hate on 50's "schedule" etc....it's making 50  look like a genius when he makes Billboard history with 3 singles in the top 100. That would have NEVER happpened if you guys kept delaying his record. I think Massacre is a Good album...but it's a dissapointment that you guys couldn't work with your other TOP artist to get more DRE records on it...it's sad that after you sell 11 mil..you have to leak your own singles to get support for your album..sad

mellowmanisback

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2005, 04:21:01 PM »
hey everyone.  I just wanted to stop by and add a few new comments.  I just checked out 50's mtv appearance in the lounge and I am pleased with 50 listened to Dre and Em and is keeping mum on the game situation.  Like I said yesterday morning there have been initial conversations with 50 and he was told that he could absolutely not comment on the situation and to his credit he hasn't.  Hopefully everyone can get together face to face soon and talk the situation through and try to find a way to move things forward in a positive direction.  Christoffer brings up a good point that Interscope, Gunit and Shady/Aftermath will be making a lot of money off of 50's album and that controversy sells records. And I doubt whether Jimmy is crying too much about all the controversy as the record comes out.  However I promise you that the 50/game beef is not being set up by Dre or Em.  I equally promise you that a rift between Dre and 50 and possibly Em is not something being set up to sell records.  This "media stunt" may be 50's marketing strategy to sell more records but it certaintly wasn't Dre's or Em's.  Stuff like this can destroy everything we have worked so hard to build.
Although I certainly respect JERZ DEVIL's opinion I don't agree with him.  One thing he brought up is that I didn't bring up Game in the post.  I am not taking sides with Game.  I don't know what happenned with Game and 50.  My main point was that regardless of what happenned with game and 50 (or whose fault it was) the situation should have been handled as a family in private.  We were all disappointed with 50's way of handling the situation. If the roles were reversed we all would be just as dissapointed with Game. Game has also done and said some things that dissapointed Dre and Dre has talked to him about it. If you worked with Dre you would know how important the term family is to him. You do not take family business out in the public forum like 50 did.  You just can't do that.     
As to my RIPPING of 50 I don't think I ripped him at all.  I deeply care about 50 and just want to see him have a good life, healthy and happy -  I don't want 50 to end up alone and battling the world by himself.  I don't want to see 50 dead.  I don't want to see 50 and Dre's relationship crumble either.  As far as me airing out 50 in public I don't agree with that either.  There are a lot of things that i have witnessed regarding 50 that I will never tell you about.   I haven't once told you about a private discussion I've had with someone in the family.  But maybe I'm on the wrong, I have been many times before.
As far as us "guys" pushing 50's album back you'll have to talk to Interscope and 50 about that.  In a perfect world Game's album could have come out in late 2004, 50 could have come out in mid 2005 and Em's album could have come out in November 2005.  However those 3 albums were released within 5 months of each other.  Plus we want to get Busta out and Eve, Detox, Stat out as soon as possible too.  Em wants to get his projects out and 50 wants to get his out (which he did - he got first priority from Interscope to release G unit, Banks and Buck all in a years period).  Dre's patient and a perfectionist, 50's a fast and efficient worker and impatient and Interscope wants Em in release an album every two years.  Mix those things together and its impossible to put 10 Dre tracks on each album.  Em got 8 cause he was rushed to get the album out.  We actually put in more time with 50 than Em. It's just that 50 had a lot of other tracks to choose from where as Em needed tracks to meet Interscope's release date for encore.  The only Encore tracks I feel we put enough time into was Never Enough, Encore and Mosh.  The others were way too rushed.  The 2 tracks that made the cut for 50's album had a lot of time put into them and I think it shows as far as quality goes.  If we would have had a few more months for The Massacre I'm sure we would have got more time with 50 and been able to finish up other tracks we had worked on.  It's just that with Dre finishing up mixing The Documentary in late Dec and 50 wanting to get his album out in Feb, it was impossible to get together again and have time to put in the work neccessary to get more Dre tracks on 50's album.  This is no way a criticism of 50.  I too think the massacre is a pretty good album and will sell a lot of records.  Its just unfair, in my opinion, to criticize Dre for only having 2 tracks on the album.  50 wanted to get his album out and didn't want to wait on Dre.  I have no problem with that. 50 works extremely hard and has a lot of things on his plate.  I just totally disagree with criticizing Dre for not paying enough attention to 50.  So with much respect to you and your opinion JERZ DEVIL hopefully this helps you and everyone else get a little more background of the situation.  Its time for me to shut up for a while. To close I think once dre, em and 50 sit down and talk a positive solution will come out of it.  By the time 50's prepping his 3rd album Dre will be done with Detox and hopefully him and 50 can get together for more than a few weeks and pound out 8 to 10 tracks.  Peace.

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2005, 04:52:36 PM »
got to say props for the posts.

Also i thot that some people missed the point and message in the first post. mainly the poster Music is like Magic. it was suggested that no one takes sides or passes judjement on this thread and MLM and others took sides and heavily dissed the other

[img]

JERZ DEVIL

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2005, 05:57:42 PM »
Mel i got to admit..your post are priceless... As for my response to your last post; I only called it like i saw it. You even mentioned how you could be perceived as being "mad at 50". But with that said...what you just told us was CRYSTAL CLEAR as to how challenging it is to get enough records out for the amount of artists you all take on.  Why then was this not communicated to 50, who sounded just as logical with his grievances of the lack of support? It's clear that you guys can only take on so much and put out quality product up to your standards! Believe it or not..that was groundbreaking news on Em's album being rushed...we all speculated it..but for someone of your insight to verbalize it makes complete sense now. A lot of people still wonder what would have happened if that 'Mosh' record would have been released a month prior. But a few more records from your crew were definately needed for Encore and that's just real talk. The only way to move on positively is to do a joint press conference showing unity with Dre/Em and all the camps involved...Because when you have SOHH reporting that Game has a diss record coming out with Jada and others..it really puts a dark shadow on what it sounds like you are trying to accomplish. With Game doing #'s and50  (I can't even speculate on Massacre #'s after I witnessing that craziness in the stores yesterday) It's just a testement to the great work that you all put in...but in the end it all leads to 'DETOX'..pls don't rush it..a record with all AFTERMATH artists and special guest appearances....DRE's swan song...we might witness something historical that may never be topped...but from the sounds of your post and what is evident in the public view..if Dre doesn't reel his extended 'family' in we could be witnessing a tragedy...Keep those posts coming..we all appreciate them

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2005, 07:48:18 PM »
i sure the fuck hope that dre dont give 50 cent shit and continue to work with game.  that is my real opinion. the only unloyal motherfucker is 50 . tell me what beef 50 cent get in for game and then the other way around. or anybody form g-unit shit exasctly even eminem and dre.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2005, 11:02:19 PM »
I don't think he is real happy.  The dude is surrounded by bodyguards and a Army of personal secret service men at all times.  It can't be fun needing protection every waking minute of the day.

LOL........this is why he talks all this tough talk ths niggaz is loaded wiit security  :laugh:

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2005, 11:38:08 PM »
Shit... this whole situation is real fucked up. When I'm on leave from the army I wanna come to DubCNN and read the happy-kind of news, like how some new up & coming cat got his deal and is bringing some heat, or how some favourite of mine is pounding out new hot material. Thos is just the kind of shit I don't wanna read about.

Hope they can resolve this shit in-house from now on, and hopefully they can keep that house together. It would be too bad if things like this would escalate and Aftermath would end up being another Death Row - a powerhouse full of talent with a grip over the rap game, only to crumble into pieces and end up unrepairable.

Fuck this, they all need to sit down and get their heads straightened out and continue to produce dope music.