Author Topic: Dodgers lose spring training game on 4 errors  (Read 75 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Dodgers lose spring training game on 4 errors
« on: March 04, 2005, 12:42:50 PM »
...ok I know its only spring training, but its still a major league game....not a minor league game...Dodgers played basically all minor leaguers.....while the Braves had their major league line up in there, and yet the Dodgers lose on four errors....the worst coming at the end of the game, they had a chance to turn a double play to end it but the first baseman throws it in to left field....I think the Dodgers should be more concerned with their major league roster rather than their minor leaguers....

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dodgers lose spring training game on 4 errors
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 03:13:57 PM »
...ok I know its only spring training, but its still a major league game....not a minor league game...Dodgers played basically all minor leaguers.....while the Braves had their major league line up in there, and yet the Dodgers lose on four errors....the worst coming at the end of the game, they had a chance to turn a double play to end it but the first baseman throws it in to left field....I think the Dodgers should be more concerned with their major league roster rather than their minor leaguers....

Really inst that big of a deal.  And we shouldnt be worried at our major league roster either except for the C position but that position will be set in 06.

Izturis- Improving year by year and lets see if he improves from the 04 season
Bradley- Improving power and lots of patience
JD Drew- Elite Hitter In Baseball
Jeff Kent- Great Slugger, perfect for the four slot
Choi/Saenz- Good Eye, Solid Slugger, averagehitter
Werth- Not that good of eye but a solid slugger and a better hitter than Choi
Valentin- Good Slugger and is a line drive type of hitter who will benefit from playing at DS, plus hes good with RISP and in this slot he will have a lot of those chances
Ross/Bako- wait for 2006

Bench-
Ricky Ledee- Great Eye, solid slugger good replacemnt in the OF
Saenz- will platoon at first with Choi most likely
Nakamura- hopefully he will do good in ST so he can be able to play in the bigs and platoon with Valentin or even take his spot
Antonio Perez-  if Choi still doesnt go back to his FLA form, he can step up and play 2b

Starting Rotation
1. Brad Penny*  If still injured we have a deep enough starting pitchers that it shouldnt affect us much cuz it will just be the beggining
2. Odalis Perez-  Expect an ERA of around 3.50
3. Derek Lowe-  AL to NL, Fenway to DS, wont be surprised if his ERA is under 4
4. Jeff Weaver- 4.00 Era
5. Ishii- well hopefully he doenst make the rotation lol Ishii sucks
Pitchers that can step up-  Scott Erickson who is lookin god from what ive read, Edwin Jackson hopefully he will bounce back and continue improving after his injury last season.  Wilson Alvarez can make a few spot starts here and there and wont be bad.  Elmer Dessens- rather have him than Ishii any day

Bullpen
Strong as ever with the Sanchez,Carrara,Brazoban to Gagne pen

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 03:41:31 PM »
oh I know, Im not worried about the roster....Im just saying, they should be playing their team...You'd think they would with the game being televised today....no one wants to watch a bunch of nobodys lol....Valentin did hit a double today, I'm happy with him being an addition to the dodgers....only thing is he strikes out a lot....and about the Catching position....I really think Dioner Navarro would produce more than Ross or Bako....

madsamoan

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 10:42:29 AM »
SF Giants> 2005 NL West Champions ;D