Author Topic: Italy disputes U.S. shooting account  (Read 898 times)

Thirteen

Re: Shocking update on the Italian killed by Americans in Iraq.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2005, 09:57:56 AM »
Nice....she was freed because they gave the hostage takers a million dollars...that's money well spent

she also think that the US tried to assassinate her

this bitch has gotten too much publicity

acbaylove

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2005, 10:09:41 AM »
It's not just that "bitch", man. It's the whole italian convoy who denied American version of the facts. And some of them are diplomats and members of our intelligence, so you have to respect them (Americans dont really want to break their international relationships with our intelligence, there's no need to do that). Personally i dont think Americans wanted to kill her (it was denied by our intelligence anyway, it's just her saying so), that's just her getting shot and being paranoid after it (a man died on her hands..). But for sure our witnesses are giving a totally different interpretation to what it happened than America did in their first version of the story. So much that Bush said: "Let's finish the investigations before we quickly jump to the conclusions". And i think they already admitted it wasnt a real check-point, but just a patrol.

Thirteen

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2005, 10:20:09 AM »
It's not just that "bitch", man. It's the whole italian convoy who denied American version of the facts. And some of them are diplomats and members of our intelligence, so you have to respect them (Americans dont really want to break their international relationships with our intelligence, there's no need to do that). Personally i dont think Americans wanted to kill her (it was denied by our intelligence anyway, it's just her saying so), that's just her getting shot and being paranoid after it (a man died on her hands..). But for sure our witnesses are giving a totally different interpretation to what it happened than America did in their first version of the story. So much that Bush said: "Let's finish the investigations before we quickly jump to the conclusions". And i think they already admitted it wasnt a real check-point, but just a patrol.

i understand tht but this lady is blowing things out of proportion for her own self interests... she's making outlandish claims and she's not adding anything to the investigations but lies...

she didn't tell exactly how she was freed/rescued... other people had to investigate into it...because you can't actually be proud of giving a million dollars to hostage takers....this is like giving a van and some gas certificates to some child molesters

she tells the heart wrenching story that that guy died in her arms when an autopsy was performed on him...it said he died instanly from a single GSW to the head

then she spreads rumours that the US tried to assassinate her.

and the only different account they are giving is that they weren't speeding and there wasn't supposed to be an american unit there... they did see bright lights...which were warnings to stop... the first shots went into the engine block of the car which more than likely caused the driver to panic (shit i know i would) and then the whole situation escalated from there

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2005, 10:58:22 AM »
until yesterday i didnt hear the part of the story where they paid the hostage takers money for her freedom.

....Am i the only one who finds that wrong?

acbaylove

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2005, 11:13:18 AM »
i understand tht but this lady is blowing things out of proportion for her own self interests... she's making outlandish claims and she's not adding anything to the investigations but lies... she didn't tell exactly how she was freed/rescued... other people had to investigate into it...

True that. I never liked this journalist. She's an antiamerican leftwinger no-war noglobal pro-peace journalist who makes books, so she 99% exaggerated with that "i know things American dont want me to say". Just to add you something about this "bitch", she thanked Iraqi guys who kidnapped her cause they treated her well. An extremely dumb statement, if you ask me. Expecially when the guy who saved you from them is dead in your hands. I'm the opposite of this "bitch". I'm pro-american rightwinger and i hate noglobals, so i'm in no way defending her. I dont give a fuck about her. I want the truth for the poor hero who died.

because you can't actually be proud of giving a million dollars to hostage takers....this is like giving a van and some gas certificates to some child molesters

Actually nobody confirmed it. It wasnt our Minister to say we paid a million dollar. It was an Iraqi Minister, but we didnt confirm it. Who knows? Anyway they kidnapped a pro-Iraqi guy, so i'm sure they just wanted some money. They didnt give a fuck about Iraq, man. That's for sure. Cause money bought them.

she tells the heart wrenching story that that guy died in her arms when an autopsy was performed on him...it said he died instanly from a single GSW to the head

When we say somebody died in our hands, we italian means "because of me", not litterally "in our hands".

then she spreads rumours that the US tried to assassinate her.

Bullshit. I agree. I'm saying that from the first post.

and the only different account they are giving is that they weren't speeding and there wasn't supposed to be an american unit there... they did see bright lights...which were warnings to stop... the first shots went into the engine block of the car which more than likely caused the driver to panic (shit i know i would) and then the whole situation escalated from there

There are more details they revealed only to our prosecutor. But that changes everything, imo. Cause you cant blame italians no more, this way. It's just a mistake, like i'm saying from the first post. But this way somebody could be investigated for culpable homicide.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 03:04:37 PM by Antonio »

acbaylove

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2005, 11:14:16 AM »
until yesterday i didnt hear the part of the story where they paid the hostage takers money for her freedom.

....Am i the only one who finds that wrong?

It's unconfirmed. But man, it happens more than you expect.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2005, 01:21:15 PM »
good old italy using their brain

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2005, 03:40:22 PM »
italians never were any good in military operations so no wonder they payed up, my grandad always told me their tanks had one forward gear and four in reverse during ww2. lol

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

acbaylove

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2005, 03:55:37 PM »
italians never were any good in military operations

No doubt. In fact we aint there fighting the war. We're there with Carabinieri, Police, doctors, with our Red Cross..
We're very good in those missions of peacekeeping, one of the best.
But we cant fight a war.

Don Seer

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2005, 04:00:27 PM »
italians never were any good in military operations so no wonder they payed up, my grandad always told me their tanks had one forward gear and four in reverse during ww2. lol

gear box in backwards....

shame they didnt have ferrari tanks.. we'd have been fucked...  8) 8)

acbaylove

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2005, 04:11:13 PM »
 8)

Thirteen

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2005, 04:42:04 PM »
man that lady is awesome... look at the quotes of her situation

But in an interview with Italy's La 7 Television, the 56-year-old journalist said "there was no bright light, no signal."

And Italian magistrate Franco Ionta said Sgrena reported the incident was not at a checkpoint, but rather that the shots came from "a patrol that shot as soon as they lit us up with a spotlight."

---------------------------------

Rules of engagement permit coalition troops to use escalating levels of force if they feel threatened. They can use lethal force, for example, if a car refuses to stop for a checkpoint.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2005, 04:51:29 PM »
U.S. Rules of Engagement

1. Check if the person is white.
2. If the person is white, be cautious, and only fire if being fired at. If the person is not white, blast the fucker.

Thirteen

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2005, 04:59:02 PM »
U.S. Rules of Engagement

1. Check if the person is white.
2. If the person is white, be cautious, and only fire if being fired at. If the person is not white, blast the fucker.

you're way off

we still friendly fire british

acbaylove

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2005, 05:02:16 PM »
man that lady is awesome... look at the quotes of her situation

But in an interview with Italy's La 7 Television, the 56-year-old journalist said "there was no bright light, no signal."

And Italian magistrate Franco Ionta said Sgrena reported the incident was not at a checkpoint, but rather that the shots came from "a patrol that shot as soon as they lit us up with a spotlight."

---------------------------------

Rules of engagement permit coalition troops to use escalating levels of force if they feel threatened. They can use lethal force, for example, if a car refuses to stop for a checkpoint.

Man once again it happened in a few seconds. It was night, it was raining, visibility was not good. Italians were experts, not dumb. They probably didnt see Americans. Americans saw italians. They started shooting. Some bullets hit the car, and italians probably thought for a second it was a trap, since it was dark. It's a misunderstanding. But those "rules of engagement" arent the excuse to shot everybody that moves. The day before they shot some civils. The month before they shot one of our diplomat as a mistake. Shit they killed american and english soldiers too, with this "friendly fire". They shot they own helicopters. They shot Iraqi diplomats. I understand the pressure on those young guys who risks their life, but shit, friendly-fire is doing more damage than Saddam's army.