Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Gets Hated on cause of Success  (Read 324 times)

Jome

Re: Snoop Dogg Gets Hated on cause of Success
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2002, 02:39:54 PM »
everybody gets hated on once they they become a steady-selling platinum artist.
Eminem
Dre
Snoop
Xzibit
^^ That's the top Westcoast cats, and they all get hated on.

Just look at the east, same thing:
Nas
Jay Z
^^ They both get hated on.

I think we can conclude:
Sales = maybe 2 mill. more fans, but also at least 200.000 new haters.
And the new haters they get are more extreme than the regular "Go to the shop and buy the newest radio-singles Joe"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

teecee

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2002, 04:13:25 PM »
Jome:  i like all the artists you just mentioned; i own albums by all of them.  Howeer, i don't think they necessarily get hated on because of success.

Snoop: gets hated on cuz he can't duplicate his debut, and doesn't rip the mic much anymore.  People say he only has one classic, fuck that (he put  in half the mic time on The Chronic nearly, it was almost like a duet album with guests).   As he puts it : "I don't give the people what they want, i give them what i want!"  This pisses people off, especially his DOGGY fans, them being people who don't generally listen to hip hop, and people who only liked him on Doggystyle cuz he was ferocious on the M-I_C......

Xzibit:  gets hated on because he doesn't use his full potential lyrically; alienated underground following, as well as Alkoholiks

Dre:  shouldn't really get hated on by anyone because his track record is incredible.......however, pretty repetitive and boring beats right now......tries to rap with a real low voice all the time now, and usually only makes songs about bitches lately  (Bad Intentions, Put it On Me)

Nas: sort of like Xzibit, although a MUCH better rapper as far as prudoct he has put out......has alienated underground following many times....had a great commercial album, IWW, yet that gets hated on for some reason (same as Xzibits Restless, it shouldn't get hated on but it was just such a change)......when he does shit like Nastradamus and rolling with INC, he deserves the hate

Jay-z- gets hated on cuz his music seems at times very contived- Song Cry- makes things seem too easy, he is too cocky and arrogant.....can't lyrically duplicate his original either

Eminem- basically, you hear his shit everywhere and it gets fucking annoying....even if origianlly you loved the song.  a lot of underground fans hear his singles and immediately write him off, others just hate his voice and don't wanna peep what he is saying......

I think hate is good in the game, everyone got an opinion and a reason for that oopinion.  No artist is perfect and goes through times when they, to put it bluntly, fucking suck.  A lot of the hate directed at artists in hiphop is for a good reason....

bez

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2002, 01:17:46 AM »
who doesnt get hated on because of success!!!