Author Topic: Ras Kass - No.1 On The Westcoast  (Read 592 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Ras Kass - No.1 On The Westcoast
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2002, 02:22:27 PM »
every rapper who TURNS popular gets hated on automatically, maybe that's why Ras doesn't wan't the fame.
On the real though:

LYRICS:
1: Ras
2: Xzibit

VOICE:
1: Xzibit
2: Ras

FLOW:

ATTITUDE:

CHARISMA

That's why Ras will always be the underrated underdog in the background.
When Golden State Warriors blows up, the general public will be like: "Golden State you say? That's the group with Xzibit and some other ones right?"

The only thing that strays off the underground-image though, was Ras's sad attempt to sell some records on "Back it up" feat. Kokane.
Can't blame him for trying to get some paper, but that joint was a horrible attempt.

Wheres Content?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2002, 02:39:08 PM »

Wheres Content?

Lyrics= Content

Real_G

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2002, 02:49:13 PM »
every rapper who TURNS popular gets hated on automatically, maybe that's why Ras doesn't wan't the fame.
On the real though:

LYRICS:
1: Ras
2: Xzibit

VOICE:

FLOW:

ATTITUDE:

CHARISMA

That's why Ras will always be the underrated underdog in the background.
When Golden State Warriors blows up, the general public will be like: "Golden State you say? That's the group with Xzibit and some other ones right?"

The only thing that strays off the underground-image though, was Ras's sad attempt to sell some records on "Back it up" feat. Kokane.
Can't blame him for trying to get some paper, but that joint was a horrible attempt.

I agree with that except i think ras has more attitude. Hes undergound, hungrey. xzibit only sounds harder cause of his voice. Also those reasons arent why ras will always be underground. There are rappers with no flow, lyrics, attitude or anything but catchy singles and they are rich and famous. Ras will stay underground becuase hes too real for TV. MTV doesnt wanna hear shit that makes they head think. "So if you wanna dance so fuckin much then buy NSync!"

Jome

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2002, 03:47:15 PM »

I agree with that except i think ras has more attitude. Hes undergound, hungrey. xzibit only sounds harder cause of his voice. Also those reasons arent why ras will always be underground. There are rappers with no flow, lyrics, attitude or anything but catchy singles and they are rich and famous. Ras will stay underground becuase hes too real for TV. MTV doesnt wanna hear shit that makes they head think. "So if you wanna dance so fuckin much then buy NSync!"

Mostly true, but don't forget that Ras tried to go mainstream as you call it with the single "Back it up"

Real_G

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2002, 04:01:01 PM »

Mostly true, but don't forget that Ras tried to go mainstream as you call it with the single "Back it up"

I wouldnt say he tried to go mainstream. He had kokane on a song that was a single type song that you wouldnt expect from Ras. But its not like he tried singing and had some sellout on the track. He did what every rapper does on the first single. He tried to make a catchy bouncy track while the rest of his cd was the Ras Kass we like. And what do you mean "As I call it"? Im sure we all know what mainstream means.

Jome

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2002, 04:05:47 PM »

I wouldnt say he tried to go mainstream. He had kokane on a song that was a single type song that you wouldnt expect from Ras. But its not like he tried singing and had some sellout on the track. He did what every rapper does on the first single. He tried to make a catchy bouncy track while the rest of his cd was the Ras Kass we like. And what do you mean "As I call it"? Im sure we all know what mainstream means.

yea, but if Xzibit or Eminem or any other rapper did it, people would be screaming SeLlOuT before you know it.
And if this single took off, some people probably WOULD call it that.
I wouldn't though :D

Real_G

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2002, 04:11:00 PM »

yea, but if Xzibit or Eminem or any other rapper did it, people would be screaming SeLlOuT before you know it.
And if this single took off, some people probably WOULD call it that.
I wouldn't though :D

Eminem comes out with singles even worse than this on every record. And yeah i think he sold out.

Doggystylin

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2002, 01:56:32 PM »
im just gonna ignore that snoop is the best rapper post, even though its a nice joke....