Author Topic: Treach, Pac & Death Row!  (Read 278 times)

Juice

Treach, Pac & Death Row!
« on: August 17, 2002, 07:21:50 AM »
Take 10 minutes to read this interview. It's a really good interview, IMO. Sorry if some1 already posted it, but i just saw on allhiphop.com:

AHH: Now lets go to a more somber subject. Both of you were dear friends of 2pac, and as were approaching yet another anniversary of his passing if you could just comment on the actual relationship between you all and Pac?

Treach: Man me and Pac go back before there was any money, before there was any records. We were prospecting to do it ya know. We met up on the old PE tour in like 1991, he was a roadie for Digital Underground; I was a roadie for Queen Latifah. So we was carrying bags. We were kicking it with each other rolling on the road and trying get our dreams. Everything else is just family. He actually got me in my first movie with Juice. The role I tried out for was Bishop, and that was his role. When I went up there it was like I was reading a piece of paper, because I had no experience. When Pac went up there he had the background with the acting school and he was screaming and throwing sh*t. I was about to run up there and see what was up there and Pac just knew he had it there. Actually, he came out with the movie first, and we came with our album first; and like you can see him in our first video. So we were basically washing hands, showing love to each other before we even knew we would be famous and be icons in the game.

AHH: I had heard that 2pac and you were possibly gonna hook up and he join Naughty By Nature at one moment, why didn't that ever spark off?

Treach: It was never like a join type thing, it was just a mutual street type thug love. Whatever I needed him for, he was there; whatever he needed me for, I was there. And we got like many many songs that are just in the archives that nobody ain't even heard yet. Ya know what I mean, and when its right to come out it'll come out. But I'mma always keep his name on the street.

AHH: Speaking of your tribute song to use as an example, Mourn You Til I Join You, I always felt it could have been a huge success but it never really turned around. Do you feel that is a reason why you have had so much label strife over the past 7 years since Poverty's Paradise came out? Bad marketing and promotion from your labels is what I mean.

Treach: Really for us it wasn't even the marketing. Because Tommy Boy did us lovely. With everything they did it right. If we were on a major I don't think they would have known how to do us like Tommy Boy did us. And with that record it was streets first, then it went pop. And we love Tommy Boy for all they did. Our next label was Arista, and they really didn't know what to do with us. And now, were on an independent because the numbers are here right. And hopefully we get this next single our where we want it to go.

AHH: Joining label issues and the 2pac situation, Treach I know you did a cut on the compilation Too Gangsta For Radio, "Gangsta Rap," touch on the subject of your lyrics speaking on the Source awards of 2000 and how you mention that Death Row is the best shit.

Treach: I mean, I knew and got down with Death Row through 2pac. And when Suge was in jail he called me up and was like "yo, I'm trying to do this for the homies that in jail that can't pay for their own lawyers," so then it was a wrap because I agreed. Suge and me is just love. Whatever big boy need for me, whatever; because he been for me every since back in the day with Above the Rim soundtrack. And I don't care what anybody say, when it was time, my check was always written. About the Source though, it really wasn't aimed at anybody in particular; it was the bitch-hop awards that year. My thing is I don't talk nothing I don't do, and for those that are out there that talk it up and don't do it, that's on them. I ain't running from no f*cking body.

AHH: Would Naughty, or you Treach, ever think about seriously joining Suge over on the west on Tha Row's rosters?

Treach: I will be doing shit with Tha Row forever. I be handling business ya know. As far as the label, I don't know whats going on with them right now. Especially after rest in peace our homegirl Left Eye, alot of things just been stagnant. But believe me, I done heard major shit from like Crooked I, Kurupt..believe me, its all all off the fu*king hook. Suge is a mastermind on the label situation already. When it comes out they will be crazy. With us right now though, were trying to set up our own situation.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Treach, Pac & Death Row!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2002, 04:24:24 PM »
Tight interview!

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Treach, Pac & Death Row!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2002, 01:40:59 AM »
I read this over at ahh.com yesterday, it's a really good read, Treach has always been one of my fav. MC's, and I would of loved to of been able to hear more work from him & 'Pac, they had great chemistry together. It's good to hear some new Naughty material too. Thanks for posting that up anyways.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.