Author Topic: 50 cent - first week sales 1,150,658  (Read 1402 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Re: 50 cent - first week sales 1,150,658
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2005, 01:19:21 PM »
i dont think Eminem gives a shit if the massacre is goin to sell more than encore he's making a shitload of money off 50 just like dre dont care that em sells more than him 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2005, 01:57:54 PM »
^^^lol this board gettin filled with these lil white em groupies

man some of y'all jus gotta give props where its due, million records sold.....nuff said

50 today is def mo "hot" than eminem.........eminem aint had a real big buzz in ages, and when just loose it came out, it got worse. face it, 50 runnin things currently, he got 3 singles in top 5....every g-unit member hit platinum

everyone be buyin 50's record,blackbitches,white bitches, white kids, hood niggaz.....EVERYONE!

this album selling so much isnt bad at all for hiphop......encore selling 4 million is....but when your already a proven hitmaker i guess i cant hate to much........but 50 since grodt has been makin way more noise than eminem......

50 runnin the charts, theres no denyin it, check the numbers

why y'all lil white dorks who be pissed eminem aint 50 numbers at the moment stop talkin shit and give props where they should be given

by the way, i hear some of y'all been sayin 50's cd wack, but since grodt was heat, i copped my copy today!

congrats to 50 on hittin the million mark

and westvet is spot on, 50 is bigger than em right now

pz

How is stating factual numbers dickriding? All I meant was that if I was a record label exec and had to lose either Em and his catalogue or 50 nad his catalog I'd let 50 go. This doesn't mean he isn't good for business, it just means he has a while to go before he beats Eminem as the number 1 guy on the label. This album has to go at least 5 platinum and then the next one will have to the same. It's like saying Mark Mcguire Barry Bonds is a better homerun hitter than Babe Ruth because of a few really hot seasons. Check the career HR/AB ratio and you'll know Bonds has a long way to go before he's in the Babe leagues, and Mcguire just didn't cut it.

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2005, 02:37:30 PM »
Im not suprised

Jome

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2005, 06:41:15 PM »
I will have to say that Shallow is right, and Lyrical_G is wrong.

Look at the numbers:

Marshall Mathers LP, 9 times platinum in U.S.
Eminem Show, 9 times platinum in U.S.

Get Rich or Die trying, 6 times platinum in U.S.

The Massacre will of course sell a lot, but all Eminem have to do is release a single, and radio/MTV will eat it up, sky-rocketing whatever album the single is on.
To keep up with Em's pace, 50 will have to flirt with DIAMOND numbers, catching up with Em is a long route to go, and Encore has just started..

I bet Eminem could release something as a single from Slim Shady LP, and still get 24/7 radio play.  :-X

davida.b.

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2005, 06:50:33 PM »

I bet Eminem could release something as a single from Slim Shady LP, and still get 24/7 radio play.  :-X

Hell, I bet if Em re-released Infinite, it would go 7x platinum

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2005, 11:28:46 PM »
i think it's pretty much universally official now ....Aftermath has passed Deathrow in it's glory days

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2005, 06:00:33 AM »
i think it's pretty much universally official now ....Aftermath has passed Deathrow in it's glory days

and this shows that Dre is a genius for that.... think about how Dre felt when he left Death Row. He had a vision on his mind to start a label bigger and more successful than Death Row which was pretty much impossible at that time but he made it. He deserves all the props in the world, cause its not that he's only makin good music, he owns a very successful record label too.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2005, 02:43:10 PM »

Aftermath may be big right now but the thing is rap is more universal now because when deathrow came out they were the label that made rap commercially successful and they made much better albums and more classics so i'd still give the edge to Death Row as the Greatest Dynasty rap music has ever had.

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2005, 05:11:10 PM »

Hell, I bet if Em re-released Infinite, it would go 7x platinum

that album is so dope, he should re-release, i'd buy it  8)
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2005, 03:33:08 PM »
I will have to say that Shallow is right, and Lyrical_G is wrong.

Look at the numbers:

Marshall Mathers LP, 9 times platinum in U.S.
Eminem Show, 9 times platinum in U.S.

Get Rich or Die trying, 6 times platinum in U.S.

The Massacre will of course sell a lot, but all Eminem have to do is release a single, and radio/MTV will eat it up, sky-rocketing whatever album the single is on.
To keep up with Em's pace, 50 will have to flirt with DIAMOND numbers, catching up with Em is a long route to go, and Encore has just started..

lol@lyrical_g wrong......i bet you enoyed saying that.....jome this aint no right wrong thing......

im sayin sraight facts, 50 is bigger than eminem right now......thats what shallow and you missing......RIGHT NOW.......NOT 5 YEARS AGO...when mmlp dropped, not when eminem show dropped..........period after grodt........eminem was bound to sell more than 50 with them two albums....he had everyone listening him.....nobody was touchin em back then.......he had everyone buyin his shit, hood niggaz, black bitches, white bitches....white kids, grown cats, rich cats, poor cats, EVERYONE who it was possible for eminem to reach out to he was sellin!.....now he aint........cuz he aint developed as an artist.....he still sayin the same story he told on all his other 3 albums......thats why hardly anyone who use to buy his shit aint buying it anymore, even the bitches who bought the previous albums aint checkin encore, its basically all young cats and loyal fans......keeping their collection going......but

TODAY, 50 IS BIGGER THAN EMINEM......ITS TRUTH......as of right now, no history, today.....

50 1st lp sold 6 million copies........everyone he could market out to copped it......his market reach aint as big as eminems, we both know why but whoever he could to cop it, copped it......diamond world wide....

now with his 2nd lp, he hit a million 1st week.......he broke all debut sales records with his last album......aint no way eminem is bigger than 50 right now.......

now as shallow said and i agree with, eminem is still the top dogg as an artist at interscope.......simply because of what his acheived previously, you cant just forget that, but as of right now, theres no doubtin 50s the bigger cat......

y'all gotta be some crazy cats to not see what im sayin above is truth.....or mad the white guy aint runnin the charts as of this seconds as sick as he use to......

i aint sayin eminem aint shit or nuttin, im speakin of whos bigger at this minute....and its 50....who has a longer career i dont know.....but im speakin of now.......

and 50 is bigger today.......maybe not tomorrow, but he is today and has been for a minute

pz

Trauma-san

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2005, 03:40:15 PM »
That's just insane that he moved that many units.  Good god, this guy is a monster.  I listened to the album, in my opinion it's fucking horrible. 

Eminem is a much bigger commodity than 50 cent, however.  Eminem's presence on the album probably helped the album sales, too. 

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2005, 03:49:15 PM »
i copped the album, i thik its dope-ish.........it starts strong as fuck, but i agree with jome about then hi tek beats, he dissapointed me...the 1st hi tek beat starts strong, but doesnt change.....and the 2nd one was weak to me.....scott storch track, just a lil bit is fiya though still......that beat is way better than the guns come out beat.....some early 90's summer shit is just a lil bit......and the hook to im supposed to die tonight is sick........eminem actually impressed me with his production on this....i cant stand his production but he came good to me......needlez shit stood out though still......dre gave him one sick beat(better instrumental than higher) and one wack beat......reminded me of the (what you say-that em n dre track) which has a weak beat to....but

massacre.....SHITS ALL OVER  encore.....i already knows theres some sick joints on this that imma keep in the deck.....i tried listening encore again the other day and it sounded even worse than last time.....

eminem gotta go back to the days when he could make good songs.....not stupid songs......just good songs without really trying so hard.....mmlp style...his next album will tell alot of who eminem can be....or cant

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »
Lyrical; why do you not consider a 4 platinum album that will hit at least 5 when it's all said and done a failure? Encore was still 2 platinum before it hit 3 full weeks. 50 sold a mil in the first week. How about we wait and see how well it does in the long run before we over praise his star power?

Also, what do you mean by 50 broke all the debut records?

Westside Soldier

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2005, 09:19:05 PM »
Dr. Dre is greatest of all time he hasnt had one of his projects flop since the firm all have at least gone gold and others multiplatinum not many rappers today except for a very select few go multi platinum.Thumbs up to Dre and Aftermath/Shady/G Unit. 8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »
I dunno about the none of his projects flop thing.  I'd consider "The Wash" and Truth Hurts albums both flops, by his standards.