Author Topic: 50 cent - first week sales 1,150,658  (Read 1399 times)

Jome

Re: 50 cent - first week sales 1,150,658
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »
50 1st lp sold 6 million copies........everyone he could market out to copped it......his market reach aint as big as eminems, we both know why but whoever he could to cop it, copped it......diamond world wide....

If we all know why, and you're playing the race card again, then why did Biggie go diamond.. ??
Why did MJ go multi-diamond when he was black, but only a couple of plat-plaques when he's white ??
Why does 2Pac go multi-plat on every single CD, years after his death.. ??
Why ?

There's way more to it than the black/white world you're always painting..

On a sidenote, I can't understand why everybody is hating on "Gunz come out"..
The lyrics might be the usual gangsta braggadocio, but you gotta bump this in a dope system to really appreciate it, it bangs something ridiculous, the chorus & keys are crazy as well, try this on full blast at a party, and you'll get shit started..  8)

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2005, 03:18:00 AM »
i think it's pretty much universally official now ....Aftermath has passed Deathrow in it's glory days

Aftermath may be big right now but the thing is rap is more universal now because when deathrow came out they were the label that made rap commercially successful and they made much better albums and more classics so i'd still give the edge to Death Row as the Greatest Dynasty rap music has ever had.
co-sign

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2005, 05:14:08 PM »
50 1st lp sold 6 million copies........everyone he could market out to copped it......his market reach aint as big as eminems, we both know why but whoever he could to cop it, copped it......diamond world wide....

If we all know why, and you're playing the race card again, then why did Biggie go diamond.. ??
Why did MJ go multi-diamond when he was black, but only a couple of plat-plaques when he's white ??
Why does 2Pac go multi-plat on every single CD, years after his death.. ??
Why ?

There's way more to it than the black/white world you're always painting..

On a sidenote, I can't understand why everybody is hating on "Gunz come out"..
The lyrics might be the usual gangsta braggadocio, but you gotta bump this in a dope system to really appreciate it, it bangs something ridiculous, the chorus & keys are crazy as well, try this on full blast at a party, and you'll get shit started..  8)

homie at what party was you bumpin guns come out? a party with nuttin but dicks???bump it in a ride with ya homies yeh but i know for a fact hardly any bitch is gonna get up to that

and about the biggie thing, you cant even compare biggie and his time to 50.......so much has changed since then

and about 50 not being able to do eminem numbers cuz em is white is true, eminem will get sales from much mo cats than 50 will ever even get heard by......mom/dads and people who dont even listen hiphop buy em shit and even parents buy their kids em shit.......that'l hardly ever happen with 50.....imagine a lil rich mom gettin her lil clean white kid a 50 cd......"play this at ya sleep over son".....lol, u know that'd be crazy

em sells alot more cuz of his 1st single is poppy as fuck and aimed at lil white kids and the fact his white helps him with that 1st single.......obie tried it and nuttin happened cuz the people who buy em cd cuz of its first single aint gonna go cop their kid a obie cd even if he drops a eminem like 1st single...thats what im sayin, when i say, em can market and reach out to more people, if u fail to realise that, u lost. i aint even hatin on you, cuz i read ya shit and agree sometimes, but if u fail to see this, then you lost.....and i aint even sayin this a racist thing....its just the way shit is

peace

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2005, 05:20:30 PM »
Lyrical; why do you not consider a 4 platinum album that will hit at least 5 when it's all said and done a failure? Encore was still 2 platinum before it hit 3 full weeks. 50 sold a mil in the first week. How about we wait and see how well it does in the long run before we over praise his star power?

Also, what do you mean by 50 broke all the debut records?

noooooooo way dawg, 4 million sales is sick......but when this album will probably hit 6 million hits max in the end.......em lost 4 million fans......so even though its still sick......he aint doing numbers he should be doing by his standard, because if he developed as an artist , he'd still be killin it........i agree when ya say, eminem still the man at interscope, cuz he proved it long term, but currently 50 got shit on lock......

and about the debut recods.....my bad, i meant as in he broke opening week sales, snoop had that shit on lock, 50 broke it.....

and overhyping his star power?!?! homie, instead of comin up with all this shit about eminem, why dont ya jus praise 50 for whats his achieved in such little time, his debut hit 6 mill in US alone, he then released bare g-unit cats off his label, all sellin great, he got kicks on the shelves, he gotta game comin out, a film comin out with a cat the homie, samuel l jackson wanted to work with, his new album just hit over a million copies in 4 days, over praising his star power!?!? nah homie, im just givin him the credit he deserves for what his done in such short time

peace

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2005, 05:26:11 PM »
I'm thinkin maybe they were cheatin on the sales, because I saw the CD out on display at Best Buy the weekend before that shit was supposed to come out.  Maybe they had like 1-1/2 weeks sales to make the figure seem so big.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2005, 01:45:34 PM »
Lyrical; why do you not consider a 4 platinum album that will hit at least 5 when it's all said and done a failure? Encore was still 2 platinum before it hit 3 full weeks. 50 sold a mil in the first week. How about we wait and see how well it does in the long run before we over praise his star power?

Also, what do you mean by 50 broke all the debut records?

noooooooo way dawg, 4 million sales is sick......but when this album will probably hit 6 million hits max in the end.......em lost 4 million fans......so even though its still sick......he aint doing numbers he should be doing by his standard, because if he developed as an artist , he'd still be killin it........i agree when ya say, eminem still the man at interscope, cuz he proved it long term, but currently 50 got shit on lock......

and about the debut recods.....my bad, i meant as in he broke opening week sales, snoop had that shit on lock, 50 broke it.....

and overhyping his star power?!?! homie, instead of comin up with all this shit about eminem, why dont ya jus praise 50 for whats his achieved in such little time, his debut hit 6 mill in US alone, he then released bare g-unit cats off his label, all sellin great, he got kicks on the shelves, he gotta game comin out, a film comin out with a cat the homie, samuel l jackson wanted to work with, his new album just hit over a million copies in 4 days, over praising his star power!?!? nah homie, im just givin him the credit he deserves for what his done in such short time

peace

I'm not trying to downplay 50, I just don't think he's reached Em's level yet on a global scale when it comes to being a star. Why would you expect Em to sell as much as the last two? Encore is considerably worse an album than Em Show and MMLP. It got less promotion, no tour, and the same old video to start it up. No artist keeps sales up. Thriller sold 20 million with in it's first full year for MJ. Bad then came out and sold 6 million. Jackson lost 14 million fans. Eminem's peak is behind him. Of course he won't sell as much anymore. That being said, if he redefines himself and comes out with a new album that catches everyone's attention he may exceed what he's done, but if he's doing the same old thing he will not do so, and no one expects him too. When I said we shouldn't over praise 50 I only meant we shouldn't prematurely praise his record sales. It did a mil in 1 week, what if it only peaks at 3 mil? Then he certainly is lower than Em.

As for the records. The opening week record means shit to me. It's based only on albums post 1991, because that's when soundscan started counting.

salvador

• 'G'
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2005, 05:03:37 PM »
first weak sales

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2005, 05:08:48 PM »
i think it's pretty much universally official now ....Aftermath has passed Deathrow in it's glory days

Aftermath may be big right now but the thing is rap is more universal now because when deathrow came out they were the label that made rap commercially successful and they made much better albums and more classics so i'd still give the edge to Death Row as the Greatest Dynasty rap music has ever had.
co-sign

hell yeah, i agree with your words
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)