Author Topic: ANYONE HERE EVER BEEN TO OAKLAND?  (Read 759 times)

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
ANYONE HERE EVER BEEN TO OAKLAND?
« on: August 04, 2002, 01:42:03 PM »
Yo since all my favourite rappers come from Oakland i've been real interetsed in that city. Has anyone ever been up there before, espcially the East Oakland where Too $hort is from?

What's the city like?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

CITY I RIDE FOR...

infinite59

Re: ANYONE HERE EVER BEEN TO OAKLAND?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 01:46:46 PM »
Ya.  I've been there.  I stayed a night there.  It's funny, I didn't see Too Short, Richee Rich, or 2pac while I was there.  I was looking forward to hanging with them and busting some freestyles.  But I did get alot of dirty looks while I was there.  It's a nice looking place though.  It's got a cool look to it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2002, 07:35:47 PM »
I went their for a funeral when I was 4. I got no idea how it look, but from what I heard it looks nice.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2002, 07:37:19 PM »
yeah i'm originally from berkely and i'v been to oak town a bunch of times to batch baseball and basketball games and kicked it around town a little never really went to the ghetto part but i never reall seemed like it was a big deal cause it was so close
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

ToNe1904

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2002, 08:18:27 PM »
brazee, cus Oakland iz rated one of tha most crime-filled cities in tha country. U should holla at Skillz and Spawn if u wanna know bout Oakland tho, i think they both stay out thea.

BTW...lol@ Infinite'z response...."hopin to buss sum freestylez with them"  ;D

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2002, 09:07:13 PM »
Yea man, I go to Oakland once in a while, last week I waz there passin out flyers and shit.....

EAST Oakland is pretty fuced up.....More fuced up that Compton, I can tell u that.....Altho Its calmed down a bit.....Aint nuttin like tha old dayz, LOL, NOTHING like tha old dayz.....but still more fuced up that an average ghetto, tha crime and murder rate is still in tha top 10.....Tha City is OK, Like....If U live in like Beverly Hills or somethin and U go there, You'll be like WHOA.....but if U live in other lower-middle class neighbourhood, it aint that bad, its just tha people.....AND NO U do not see famous rappers there at any time, maybe if U lucky.....LOL, some people.....Its like me going to Compton hoping to meet Ice Cube.....lmao.

Now WEST Oakland.....That place is str8 RICH folx.....BIG ass houses, some mantions.....famous rappers and actors like Andre Nickatina and Robin Williams and shit have houses up there in tha West Oakland Hills.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2002, 09:11:56 PM »
i stay 45 mins. away from oakland it's not that bad baby. just don't go down the wrong street it's like any other city. if you don't now your way around that city trust me do good for a visit unless you have someone that knows there way around.it's not like you hear gun shots every night it's every other night. unless your in oakland hills there they have 2 million dollar homes. well that little bit bout the O if you have any other questions ask.
                                                                peace

ToNe1904

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2002, 09:16:08 PM »
Its like me going to Compton hoping to meet Ice Cube.....lmao.

ud hafta go tah Minnesota tah see Cube...lol What kinda muthafuckin millionaire still stayz in South Central?! lol

Pillow

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2002, 09:19:31 PM »
Yo since all my favourite rappers come from Oakland i've been real interetsed in that city. Has anyone ever been up there before, espcially the East Oakland where Too $hort is from?

What's the city like?

yea i go thier at least 2 wice a year. i got fam and friends thier. tha city it self is pretty old and ghetto but you never get bored...well at least i dont lol

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2002, 09:27:01 PM »
get the fuck outta here what part of oakland do you go to at least you never get bored huh  

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2002, 09:35:13 PM »

ud hafta go tah Minnesota tah see Cube...lol What kinda muthafuckin millionaire still stayz in South Central?! lol

Doesn't he still live around South Central or is that his parents?

I'm confused. Don't mind me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Pillow

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2002, 09:53:44 PM »
get the fuck outta here what part of oakland do you go to at least you never get bored huh  

wtf? i stay near the collisum about 10 min out from alamenda. i never get bored cause i know alot of ppl and all tha hot spots like tha aroma, that place is tha shit....i also blaze it like 24/7 while i am out there

S.G.V.

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2002, 10:20:51 PM »
Yea man, I go to Oakland once in a while, last week I waz there passin out flyers and shit.....

EAST Oakland is pretty fuced up.....More fuced up that Compton, I can tell u that.....Altho Its calmed down a bit.....Aint nuttin like tha old dayz, LOL, NOTHING like tha old dayz.....but still more fuced up that an average ghetto, tha crime and murder rate is still in tha top 10.....Tha City is OK, Like....If U live in like Beverly Hills or somethin and U go there, You'll be like WHOA.....but if U live in other lower-middle class neighbourhood, it aint that bad, its just tha people.....AND NO U do not see famous rappers there at any time, maybe if U lucky.....LOL, some people.....Its like me going to Compton hoping to meet Ice Cube.....lmao.

Now WEST Oakland.....That place is str8 RICH folx.....BIG ass houses, some mantions.....famous rappers and actors like Andre Nickatina and Robin Williams and shit have houses up there in tha West Oakland Hills.....

basically he summed it up...but saafir is from the west bound...just had to throw that in...i go there when i visit my cousin in richmond...east o aint nothing nice...the thing with east o is that its filled with tongans, blacks, samoans and all that so u got tons of shit going on....the tongans are the worst...those are some ruthless motherfuckers.....

themovie

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2002, 01:21:54 AM »

I thought Andre nickatina lived in the hood......
Why Robin williams lives in Oakland ? ? ? ?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2002, 05:16:09 AM »
I used to go to Oak town a lot in the late 80's and early 90's.  Ain't nothing pretty thats for damn sure.  Whoever thinks Oakland is a nice place is tripping like a mutha fucka.  I ain't hating on Oakland at all, I really like the place, in fact when I was a kid I wanted to live there, but that place is ghetto.  Anyone thinking Oakland is a nice looking place must have never seen a redwood tree.  Much props to oaktown for supporting the A's.