Author Topic: Aftermath vs Death Row  (Read 2430 times)

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
Re: Aftermath vs Death Row
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2005, 06:13:53 PM »
how many classics albums were made since Dre left? Nada! DR has done nothing but release old Tupac and shit like Too Gangsta For Radio.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2005, 09:21:08 PM »
how many classics albums were made since Dre left? Nada! DR has done nothing but release old Tupac and shit like Too Gangsta For Radio.

How many Classic albums have been realeased by Shady/Aftermath ?.....................1 (Dr. Dre - Chronic - 2001)

How many classic did Death Row have............?

All Eyez On Me
Makaveli - The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory
Doggystyle
Chronic
Dogg Food
Murder Was The Case Soundtrack
Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back

Hittman2001

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2005, 09:44:25 PM »

How many Classic albums have been realeased by Shady/Aftermath ?.....................1 (Dr. Dre - Chronic - 2001)

All Eyez On Me
Doggystyle
Chronic
Dogg Food

I would have to disagree calling the Daz and Dogg Food albums classic.  I cant go through either of those albums without skipping a few tracks here and there.  Doggystyle, Chronic, All Eyez on Me(borderline between great album and classic, its not as good as the 7 Day Theory), Murder Was The Case is the best rap soundtrack ever made,and 7 Day Theory was probably the best lyrical album to come from Death Row.  But as far as the better label, i believe Aftermath will be on top longer than Death Row ever was and make more money (if aftermath hasnt already)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2005, 09:51:40 PM »
witt all tha white peoeple buying Feminem albums there's no doubt Shady/Aftermath will pass Death Row but that stil;l don't mean they are better. Until they make classic albums they are not close fuk all tha money they are making . It's easy for rappers to make money these days coz fans are physco's now and will go out their way to get everything from their favorite rapper.
I'm a huge 2Pac fan and i've been following him since he released 2Paclypse Now and i don't own a poster or any Makaveli Branded clothing.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2005, 11:06:41 PM »
How many of tha Ruthless releases were Classic........?

Straight Outta Compton
E.1999 Eternal
Creepin on Ah Come Up
Its On Dr. Dre....187um Killa
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2005, 11:36:50 PM »

All Eyez On Me
Doggystyle
Chronic
Dogg Food

I would have to disagree calling the Daz and Dogg Food albums classic. I cant go through either of those albums without skipping a few tracks here and there. Doggystyle, Chronic, All Eyez on Me(borderline between great album and classic, its not as good as the 7 Day Theory), Murder Was The Case is the best rap soundtrack ever made,and 7 Day Theory was probably the best lyrical album to come from Death Row. But as far as the better label, i believe Aftermath will be on top longer than Death Row ever was and make more money (if aftermath hasnt already)

Dogg food has  only 1 or 2 wack songs, that album is better than doggystyle

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2005, 12:13:03 AM »

All Eyez On Me
Doggystyle
Chronic
Dogg Food

I would have to disagree calling the Daz and Dogg Food albums classic. I cant go through either of those albums without skipping a few tracks here and there. Doggystyle, Chronic, All Eyez on Me(borderline between great album and classic, its not as good as the 7 Day Theory), Murder Was The Case is the best rap soundtrack ever made,and 7 Day Theory was probably the best lyrical album to come from Death Row. But as far as the better label, i believe Aftermath will be on top longer than Death Row ever was and make more money (if aftermath hasnt already)

Dogg food has  only 1 or 2 wack songs, that album is better than doggystyle

:nawty:
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Elevz

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2005, 12:31:04 AM »
How many of tha Ruthless releases were Classic........?

Straight Outta Compton
E.1999 Eternal
Creepin on Ah Come Up
Its On Dr. Dre....187um Killa

U forgot about Eazy-duz-it ??? It's Ruthless' best album after Straight Outta Compton imo

DATTAZ

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2005, 01:19:53 AM »
D.O.C.  NO ONE CAN DO IT BETTER
KOKANE  FUNK UPON A RHYME
ABOVE THE LAW  UNCLE SAMS CURSE
ALL THREE N.W.A. ALBUMS
EAZY-E  EAZY-DUZ-IT
MC REN  KISS MY BLACK AZZ

And most of the 12 inch singles are hard to get plus it costs the most out all the three labels.And last Dr.Dre did extra production (REMIXES) that are classics.

Elevz

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2005, 02:33:23 AM »
How could I forget about DOC being on Ruthless   :-X

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2005, 03:35:12 AM »
Both Retaliation, Revenge And Get Back and Dogg Food are str8 classics, and in my opinion Above The Rim soundtrack

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2005, 04:08:44 AM »
Creepin on ah Come Up
E. 1999 Eternal
The Art Of War

Death Row>>>>>>Ruthless Records>>>>>Aftermath

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2005, 12:56:41 PM »
I definitely think that Deathrow made straight classic music, but this was due to the chemistry between the artists. You really had the feeling that it really was a tight cllique the whole deathrow camp, I don't have that feeling about the aftermath camp. Simply because they didn't came up together, some of them already were established artists. It's just different music that aftermath makes if you compare the two, but I like both, its a shame tho that there will never ever be another deathrow.
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

just_a_nwa

• Lil Geezy
  • Lil Geezy but still of the hizzy fo shizy
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2005, 09:01:30 PM »
old skool aftermath was tha greates
I push rhymes like weight

Okka

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2005, 01:32:49 AM »
I like Aftermath, but c'mon: You cannot compare it to Death Row. From 1992-1996 every except Above The Rim OST was a classic, Aftermath has only 2001.
How can you say that Above The Rim isnt a classic, its the second best soundtrack ever released after Murder Was The Case

Hell Naaw it ain't ! And oh yeah i luv both record labels, Dr. Dre made 'em both and i'ma go with Death Row, cuz Aftermath hasn't released so much classic shit...