Author Topic: Selling rare Ras Kass - Soul On Ice Demo  (Read 554 times)

Dios

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Selling rare Ras Kass - Soul On Ice Demo
« on: March 14, 2005, 03:47:38 AM »
"Not much is known about this album, except that it was almost redone for the final version that was commercially released - mainly due to the samples not being cleared. Ras has since gone on to higher things, but his early foundations paved the way for future West Coast indie artists. Indeed, his 'Remain AnonymouS' track is still getting play from those in the know and the flipside of that first single, 'Won't Catch Me Runnin' is another amazing track.

Well, what is there on it that makes it so good? There's a plethora of cuts you won't have heard elsewhere, including some of the best Ras material recorded. His posse cut, 'Take A Deep Breath' with Meen Green and Vooodu is a true never-heard classic - back when Ras was ripping ish with the Western Hemisfear collective, he seemed a lot hungrier and spit-happy than his later material. The remix is also here, which is a step-up from the normal version. 'Core Audience' is a great track, calling out fake MCs who talk nonsense and can't rhyme while praising the underground fans. 'Goin Out Of My Head' is the demo of 'Reelishymn' from the commercial album and 'Everything I Love' is the demo version of 'Anything Goes' from the same album. 'Capital R.A.S.' is dope - early Ras Kass ripping it up big time.

You need to source this album out - I've never found one of excellent quality audio, but it's always good enough to get the juices flowing. I personally thought 'Soul On Ice' was a great album (in either demo form or the released version) - and I never understood why it was slept on. Don't be foolish - check it out."

Reviewed by CA, SpineMagazine

1. Everything I Love
   2. Core Audience
   3. High IQ
   4. Won't Catch Me Runnin'
   5. Capital RAS
   6. Blood Is Thicker Than Water
   7. Interlude
   8. Take A Deep Breath
   9. Remian AnonymouS
  10. Take A Deep Breath (Remix)
  11. Walk The Walk

Make offers if you are interested.

kingwell

Re: Selling rare Ras Kass - Soul On Ice Demo
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 10:55:50 AM »
What is the condition of the CD like?

Dios

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 05:42:55 AM »
What is the condition of the CD like?

Excelent, there's no damage.

kingwell

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 05:36:32 PM »
Well I don't know how rare this is, so I am going to have to ask you give me a price.

Dios

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 12:06:40 PM »
Well I don't know how rare this is, so I am going to have to ask you give me a price.

It has gone on ebay for something like 40 dollars sometimes.