Author Topic: Napster  (Read 282 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Napster
« on: March 14, 2005, 07:38:38 PM »
Does anybody use it?  I heard it's like $20 a month and you can download as much as you want.  I was just wondering if it would be worth doing for a month or two to get some rare and hard to find albums I need.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Napster
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 07:48:48 PM »
$20 more than I would pay.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 07:50:12 PM »
i like my limewire thank u very much

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 07:52:29 PM »
what are you looking for?

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 07:56:19 PM »
why would you pay?

I just use ARES, and if they dont have a song that i really want i just use itunes....99cents

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 08:03:09 PM »
Between Ares, mIRC, SoulSeek and the "Hookup Spot" you should find everything you need.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 08:19:38 PM »
^ those and bittorent and also d12world & boxden, fuuuuuck paying for music, only album im buying is detox :)

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 11:01:41 PM »
Does anybody use it?  I heard it's like $20 a month and you can download as much as you want.  I was just wondering if it would be worth doing for a month or two to get some rare and hard to find albums I need.
make sure to read the fine print with those mutha fuckas.....its a subscription service with napster its acctually 9.99 a month for napster subscription service and napster to go is 14.99 a month and that lets you download files and put them on MP3 players (Excluding iPod) but if you ever stop paying that 14.99 a month its over you really have nothing......so if you paid 15 bucks a month for a year that would be $180 bucks and if you stopped paying for it after that you would really have nothing left.....stick to itunes if you are thinking of purchasing music online.....yeah you pay 99cents a song but you own the track so you can have it as long as youd like and use even after you stopped using itunes.....anyways to each his own just stating the facts here.

ecrazy

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 11:48:03 PM »
make sure to read the fine print with those mutha fuckas.....its a subscription service with napster its acctually 9.99 a month for napster subscription service and napster to go is 14.99 a month and that lets you download files and put them on MP3 players (Excluding iPod) but if you ever stop paying that 14.99 a month its over you really have nothing......so if you paid 15 bucks a month for a year that would be $180 bucks and if you stopped paying for it after that you would really have nothing left.....stick to itunes if you are thinking of purchasing music online.....yeah you pay 99cents a song but you own the track so you can have it as long as youd like and use even after you stopped using itunes.....anyways to each his own just stating the facts here.
Thats not true...cuz you can just download all the songs you want, and just save them on your MP3 player, they cant get into your Mp3 player to block them
Then u save them to your Comp. Harddrive.....It works, trust me, they are dumb...my cousin is currently doing this...i think there are even websites devoted to like swappin Napster files and stuff

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 11:56:54 PM »
^ Not (exactly) true.  Yes, you get the files on your MP3 player.  But behind the scenes, the tracks "call home" and check for an active (paid) membership.  If they can't connect, the files die.  If they connect and don't find an active membership, they die.  With Napster, you are RENTING music.  If you pay for a year and you stop, you have nothing.  The files will no longer work.  And you can't burn them to a CD... if you want to burn, you have to pay .99 cents a track just like iTunes.  Read the fine print.