Author Topic: What Do You Think Of Prenuptual Agreements?  (Read 355 times)

ecrazy

What Do You Think Of Prenuptual Agreements?
« on: March 14, 2005, 08:20:01 PM »
OK, i had this discussion with my Gf, she LOVES to talk about marriage...so i brought up "What about A Prenup?"...and she went haywire, saying that its not neccesary, and that if i truly loved the person i was going to marry, then it wouldnt be needed...but i said "Just in Case, like something happened?"....And she said, it just shouldnt be needed...Whats mine is yours and what not

My Question(s) are:

What do you think? do you think Prenups are really neccesary?
And
How do you bring it up when the time comes without offending the other person?

*props to sikotic for inspiring me with his marriage post

Trauma-san

Re: What Do You Think Of Prenuptual Agreements?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 09:35:43 PM »
Well, nobody gives a shit what I think, but since you asked in public, I'm gonna reply.

I think Prenuptuals are a perfect example of what's wrong with marriage today.

"im' going to marry you, but it may not work out"

That's exactly what you're saying with a pre-nup.  If you don't think it's gonna last forever and ever, Amen, then you shouldn't get married.  Simple as that.  You shouldn't marry because you think she's the one, or whatever... you should marry because you KNOW she's the one, or you at least know you're gonna make her the one.  LOL. 

A pre-nup is like a pre-paid divorce settlement.  It's just ludicrious. 

And come on man: What the fuck do you have to lose, anyways? You don't have any money, stop frontin'. 

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 09:56:02 PM »
I think if you need a prenup you shouldn't be getting married.

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 09:56:41 PM »

And come on man: What the fuck do you have to lose, anyways? You don't have any money, stop frontin'.

LMAO! True...thats why im not getting married for a while...my girl wants to kinda force marriage onto me, but i want to get married when i know i can spoil her in the riches she deserves....so that'll be a while....still gotta get situated

etiquette

• Lil Geezy
  • The woman with the tattooed hands
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 02:45:49 AM »
I think if you need a prenup you shouldn't be getting married.
Remember that sometimes heads nod to hip hop simply because it's good music.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, Change the facts" .Albert Einstein

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 10:23:48 AM »

LMAO! True...thats why im not getting married for a while...my girl wants to kinda force marriage onto me, but i want to get married when i know i can spoil her in the riches she deserves....so that'll be a while....still gotta get situated
we living in a world of girl power and equal rights so fuck being the only breadwinner when i get married i'll work until my kids are 1 then send the wife to work and become a house husband, that is my dream i just need to find a career focussed woman....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:25:33 PM »
trauma spittin the truth...

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 06:50:28 PM »
Rich people should get em'. Its only reasonable, your life will be destroyed if they other side left, and the poorer side should understand the situation. If your going to be together forever it doesn't really matter if you have one or if you don'.t

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 08:43:31 PM »
Rich people should get em'. Its only reasonable, your life will be destroyed if they other side left, and the poorer side should understand the situation. If your going to be together forever it doesn't really matter if you have one or if you don'.t

Um; so which is it? 

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 08:58:20 PM »
I was saying, if you believe your going to be together forever, it doesn't really matter if you have one or you don't, so why not just get one if theres a rich person in the couplem it doesn't matter anyways right? the poor side would prove that their not out for the money, and the rich side would feel safe and divorce the other side as soon as he felt the marriage was not working out and wouldn't have to worry about his/her money.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 09:07:10 PM »
I was saying, if you believe your going to be together forever, it doesn't really matter if you have one or you don't, so why not just get one if theres a rich person in the couplem it doesn't matter anyways right? the poor side would prove that their not out for the money, and the rich side would feel safe and divorce the other side as soon as he felt the marriage was not working out and wouldn't have to worry about his/her money.

How old are you? LOL You don't see anything fundamentally wrong with the rich, getting paperwork to ensure that they can get a divorce as soon as they feel the marriage isn't working out?  How do you think the poor in that scenario you cooked up would feel? 

: if you have the attitude that "oh, I'll get a pre-nup, so I can get a divorce asap if it doesn't work out"... guess what? You're not gonna get anybody to marry you for love, because nobody's gonna love a dick like that.  The only people you get marrying you will be out for your money, lol. 

Urgh.  You must be 12, though, right? Just tell me you're 12, and I'll leave you alone about it. 

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 09:13:46 PM »
I'm 31, and yes it would be better for both sides you know why? If the rich man didnt have a prenup and the marriage didnt work out, the fucked up marriage could drag on and it would torture both of them. Why on earth should you NOT get one, why should the rich man have to worry about getting a divorce when he feels the marriage isn't working out? Your there for love right? and when there is none, why should you stay?

As for the poor person, well you are very wrong, you ACTUALLY would be sure that the person is marrying you for LOVE and not money because you got a prenup and you know for sure that the person is not out for your money.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 10:41:59 PM »
worst idea ever, but it's sad fact that in today's society there are some women or men who only want money from their marriage
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Matrix Heart

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2005, 05:59:11 AM »
Ok lets say hypothetically Bill Gates wasn't married and was living in California.
Should he have his future wife sign a prenup?

Under California law he would lose 50% of his wealth in one night 20 Billion <that's alot of quarter billions  :o

I'd have my wife sign a prenup if I had sport money...shit I probably wouldn't marry  ;D

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 11:41:41 AM »
i personally think the idea of a prenup goes against what traditionally marriage is supposed to mean between 2 people,

you say something along the lines in sickness & heath....basically whatever comes you love each other and do the best you can by that other person, sometimes even forsaking yourself and others for them, not sure if that sounds too hard but i believe if you love someone enough to make that step and take those vows and make that lifelong commitment then there shouldnt be a what if security blanket where they or one of them is trying to protect their own needs...

...if they already thinking there may be a problem causeing them to split in the future...

...then perhaps marriage isnt the best action for them.

No matter what / who they are / what they possess marriage should be something you are as sure as can be about