Author Topic: What Do You Think Of Prenuptual Agreements?  (Read 366 times)

Don Seer

Re: What Do You Think Of Prenuptual Agreements?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 11:56:07 AM »
course..

personally wouldn't marry until am sure... but yeah i ain't bill gates so i dont have to think about after effects..
this is also why i put kids  _after_ marriage.. coz i want my seed/s protected by that bond.

in a case where a poor person marries a rich one.. fact is.. sometimes marriages break down.. and hell yeah.. if you're the poor party and shits fucked anyways.. go for what you can get.. _even if_ both parties went into it thinking it'd never fuck up.. fact is more and more people divorce these days.. coz its easier to perhaps instead of working through their problems..

sadly in this world there are also people who try to gold dig.. if a person is in an important position with money and power and they have business partners n family n advisors stuff there interest is to pressure them to doing it to protect themselves as a unit, not just as an individual.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 11:59:08 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2005, 01:19:48 PM »
Some of yall got some fucked up opinions.  It's sad, love don't hold the clout it used to. 

Doggystylin

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2005, 03:08:33 PM »
Some of yall got some fucked up opinions.  It's sad, love don't hold the clout it used to. 

I don't know..or you just have a hick ass redneck opinion....whatever...either one.

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 03:28:17 PM »
i think if you have a lot of money that you might as well be safe.  Got to protect the money, even if you love the girl.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2005, 08:44:19 PM »
Yea, because we all know Money trumps love.  Maybe in yalls sick ass world, I guess to each his own, but it tells me a lot about you if you're in support of Prenups.  It's pretty black & white, money, or love, and look how many in this thread chose money.  I wonder why the U.S. divorce rate is 50%?  Like Mike said, "Love Ain't What It Used To Be". 

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2005, 09:30:23 AM »
its not about money trumping love.. you have it wrong.  and have a very narrow cynical view of the subject.

what is the real reason? i tred to touch on this in my earlier post.

its about what happens when that love breaks down.

if the loves gone bad.. often as a result people end up going out for what they can get out of the situation.
sometimes for the wrong reasons.. revenge.. trying to get back at the person that burned them...
its not just about money.. kids get dragged into this shit too..

and like i already pointed out.. its not JUST all about the security of the 'rich' party
or selfishness on their part. but also due to pressures on them from family and their 'hangers on'.

for an example look at the britney siutation.. she didn't want a pre-nup and her
family and advisors (yeah those who depend upon her wealth) forced her to go into doing it.
yes.. partly through being selfish and partly out of wanting to protect her.

here's a snippet from a news story at the time..
Under Californian law, divorced couples by split their wealth 50-50, so Britney would have lost half her earnings to Kevin if they broke up.

Insiders say the star was reluctant to make Kevin sign the legal agreement at first, insisting he was her Mr Right and they didn't need one.
But she reportedly gave in under pressure from her mother, Lynne, her manager, Larry Rudolph, and executives at her record company Jive.

now look.. she's getting divorced right?

fact is.. it seems the 'institution' of marriage isnt held very high these days..
partly due to the increasing selfishness of people and society and
with the apparent fall in people partcipating in any form of religion.

with or without pre-nups marriages are failing all over the place..

if the odds are against your marriage succeeding it would seem pragmatic to protect that..

due to infidelty, due to how easy it is to get divorced along with 'acceptance' fact these days
and due one thing already mentioned.. that people are unwilling to try and work shit out..
in the past they pretty much had to work through/past that shit.. these days its too damn easy to bail.

personally i wouldnt marry someone i havent lived with for a decent period of time..
and i wouldnt want kids until i'm married..

back in the day people used to marry before they lived together.. hell hadn't even slept with till the wedding night..

things done changed huh?

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2005, 10:27:38 AM »
If you have any doubt that the marraige won't work out, why are you getting married in the first place?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 03:07:34 PM »
If you have any doubt that the marraige won't work out, why are you getting married in the first place?

true

rafsta

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 06:01:47 PM »
If I was rich i would most definetly get a pre nup... some of you are being naive saying if your not in love bla bla bla... dont forget about the stragglers, some bitch just might be playin fake.... love may be blind, but for fucks sake dont make it stupid....