Author Topic: The perfect CAr  (Read 428 times)

Instant_Killa

The perfect CAr
« on: August 06, 2002, 09:52:30 AM »
is the Bmw7 series 2002 model, this model will sell in the market for the next 15  years. I checked it out at this years auto show in Vancouver and this was one of the dopest cars present. A dope car that one must get, imma get this asap after i complete my engineering.

bez

Re: The perfect CAr
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 09:56:51 AM »
yer, i agree that shit looks amazing
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 10:37:37 AM »
if anyone knows where i can get one for free, or almost free, then hook my up! What's the interior like? Looks tha shit tho, my dad got a 5 series Bmw, but it's an M reg (dunno how old that is, another UK person tell me)

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 10:38:15 AM »
I think I read an article about this car in popular science a few months ago.  It is such a dope car if it is the same one.  It is all computer oriented and has all kinds of dope features.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 10:43:20 AM »
I think I read an article about this car in popular science a few months ago.  It is such a dope car if it is the same one.  It is all computer oriented and has all kinds of dope features.

word to ya homie, thats tru, this shit has a whole new interior, it has a standard and automatic option, u can change gears if u want to or u can setr it on drive and jus go, it has a computer which has 700 functions..its all high tech..imma get some pics for yall soon

Instant_Killa

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2002, 10:56:08 AM »
heres the interior, when i checked it out it was doper than it looks here

The bmw with these orange indiacators model will only sell in europe, the other ones which have those red and white light bulbs will sell only in the americas.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2002, 10:57:07 AM »
word to ya homie, thats tru, this shit has a whole new interior, it has a standard and automatic option, u can change gears if u want to or u can setr it on drive and jus go, it has a computer which has 700 functions..its all high tech..imma get some pics for yall soon

yeah its the same car I read about.  Its fucking amazing.  It calculates how fast you move your foot from the accelerator to the brake to figure out the brake pressure to apply.  If you get out of control and your car starts sliding it will automatically apply brakes to certain tires to get you straightened out.  Instead of using a key to start it, you have a micro chip with all your preferences, so if like 3 people in the family drive the car they each have a different chip with their own preferences.  There is a lot more too I just can't remember.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2002, 10:57:55 AM »
Its tight. Reminds me of a Toyota from the back, but I'd still buy it if I could.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Instant_Killa

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2002, 10:59:42 AM »
the only downer for this car is that u gotta clicl alotta buttons like in a computer to open things and all, for example u gotta click 4 times to start the cd player or radio

but its all gravy cause all it needs is a little gettin used to

its dope yall

4.4 litre V8 325horsepower engine

thgere are soo many good features in this car, yall should check it out
it automatically replaces and fused light bulbs too
dope car

Instant_Killa

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2002, 12:04:10 PM »
this is excellent, next year bmw s gonna introduce a higher model

THE 760IL
its gonna have the same shape and interior as the 740iL, but itlls have a powerful engine

V12-408 horse power
6.0 litre engine

this car is gonna be my motivation to always work hard and strive for excellence in my work, if itd be college, university or whatever, imma get this car one day and imma throw yall a party, all the homies livin in the USA and canada, we gonna gather and celebrate, imma pay for yall, when im rich...itll only take a couple of years....gimme 5 yearslol

im so excited

yall stay in touch

peace

Instant_Killa

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2002, 12:59:20 PM »
OMG, THIS IS FUNNY :

CUSTOMER RATINGS FOR THOSE WHOVE BOUGHT THIS CAR SO FAR:

745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
 Monday, July 15, 2002
The Best!!   By HDBear  

9.0  Details
Review: I've had a ton of 7's as well as M-B and Lexus, and nothing compares to this car. By far, the best riding, performing car I have ever driven. My 2000 740 IL was a truck compared to this car. Was very apprehensive about getting this car due to the mixed reviews. Granted, it's not the most beautiful car on the road, but after driving it for several weeks, I could care less. Anyone who complains about the I-Drive apparently has never used ANY electronic device, let alone a computer. Someone complained about setting the radio. Hello!! It was easy. Everything about it is very intuitive.
Favorite Features: On-board phone is fabulous!!. Much better than previous. Love the center console. Seats are incredible.
Suggested Improvements: Move the lock switch back to the door. Navigation system could be easier to use. Don't like the steering wheel.
 Sunday, July 14, 2002
Best Car yet   By Paul D. Hanson  

9.9  Details
Review: I have had no problems with my car and going from a 740iL to to 745LI was no problem and I enjoy all of the new toy to play with including the knob, I just haven't figured out how to to the voice comands yet but I don't need to. except for the telephone?
Favorite Features: GPS
Suggested Improvements: quiet down the windshield wipers and accelator pedal when released
 Tuesday, July 09, 2002
BesT cAR EvER   By MR. BZHoRNut  

10.0  Details
Review: I HAvE had this car for quite a while now...and i have enjoyed it sooo much!..thanks BMW!
Favorite Features: I-Drive
Suggested Improvements: Add a beverage cooler in the back, and a tv
 Wednesday, July 03, 2002
Review   By Indy Virk  

9.5  Details
Review: This car is abseloutly fantastic going around corners and the pick up speed is just awesome, this car made me speechless, you just cant find the words which sum this car up.
Favorite Features: The whole car
Suggested Improvements: This car needs no improvements
 Saturday, June 29, 2002
First-Timer's BMW   By jjackson60  

9.1  Details
Review: Initial bugs in software (switching from miles to metric, arming microphone, etc.) Also, early problem in seat-belt restraint. None of these fixed yet, because I haven't had time to return to dealer.
Favorite Features: Driving fun. Also, computer intensity is fine with me.
Suggested Improvements: Rear deck - trunk lid: looks awkward. Get rid of the polarized screen on display...cannot read with my polarized sunglasses.
 Thursday, June 20, 2002
unbelievable   By glorkasp  

10.0  Details
Review: The best automobile I have ever owned.Much better handling than either my previous M-B or Lexus.Much quicker than both and quieter than the M-B.New, hi-tech controls are wonderful.
Favorite Features: The new 'I Drive'(mouse) once mastered ,simpifies all adjustments.If you are not comfortable in these seats you can't be comfortable in ANY seats
Suggested Improvements: Wider selection of colors.
 Friday, June 14, 2002
NICE BUT   By MHAUPT2756  

9.0  Details
Review: THE CAR IS THE BEST HANDLING CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED.BUT MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE COMPLICATED ELECTRONICS.1. SOFTWARE PROBLEMS WITH NAV SYSTEM RADIO AND ON BOARD COMPUTER.VOICE ACTIVATION WORKS FOR RADIO AND PHONE BUT NOT NAV SYSTEMTRY CHANGING RADIO STATIONS OUT OF YOUR USUAL AREA!!!!
Favorite Features: HANDLING
Suggested Improvements: CLEAN UP SOFTWARE CHANGE FACE OF SPEEDOMETER TOO HARD TO READ SPEED TRAIN DEALER PEOPLE THEY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT THIS CAR
 Saturday, May 04, 2002
Jury is out   By westchester  

8.8  Details
Review: Buying this car is an act of faith that BMW is on the right track. The iDrive gets easier with time, but there is no excuse for the difficulty involved in using and setting the radio (clearly no person who was ever the driver of a car thought this up). I had the "disappearing radio settings" problem that has, for unknown reasons, corrected itself after six days. Car is attention getter - it is much nicer looking in person than it is in pictures, and the extra length of the Li makes it look less stubby in the rear end. By the way, it is much wider than the prior 740, need to watch mirrors.
Favorite Features: Telephone keypad; center bin storage area; the cellphone is great compared to the one that used to come with 740. Ride is great although 19" wheels are a little "solid" on city streets.
Suggested Improvements: Fix the radio so easier to use. Cannot stress enough what a pain this car is for valets and carwash - requires constant waste of time to teach strangers to use the car!
 Wednesday, April 24, 2002
They need to work out the bugs   By JohnFischer  

7.1  Details
Review: I had the car for two days, and then the problems started. i would list them if I didn't have to be under 700 chacters. Apparently there are many software bugs that need to be fixed. Of course the dealership doesn't tell you until after you purchase the car. I have been told that my problems have been already documentented, and BMW is aware of them. However they are not fixed. It's been at the dealership over a week now. The mechanics don't even know how to fix it, and must rely on BMW NA to help them.
Suggested Improvements: The car is great once the bugs get worked out of it. I think BMW should have waited on its release.
 Thursday, April 11, 2002
Good Choice   By Nasty  

8.5  Details
Review: Incredibly fun to drive for a 4000+ pound sedan, no problems so far, friendly dealers
Favorite Features: i-drive!!!! very intuitive
Suggested Improvements: not as quiet as a lexus, but not obtrusive either
 Tuesday, April 09, 2002
Beautiful   By Benz Eater  

9.6  Details
Review: This is a beautiful car. When I first saw the car I must say that I thought it was ugly but now I think it is gorgeous. It has so many features. I would definitey recomend getting the luxury seats because I have never been so comfortable, especially thhe headrest that moves and almost grabs your head. I love it
Favorite Features: The Luxury seats and the motor which will outrun any Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Suggested Improvements: A DVD based navigation system
 Saturday, April 06, 2002
Easy to drive   By Dr. Iradj Hessabi  

9.6  Details
Review: Excellent for 30 to 65 not older.
Favorite Features: Useful technologies in right places
Suggested Improvements: Every things is ok.
 Friday, April 05, 2002
THE BEST CAR   By MCMMC  

10.0  Details
Review: THE BEST CAR THERE EVER

Sunday, March 31, 2002
the opposite of an S-Class   By alaia  

5.0  Details
Review: I Love the cars except this I-drive which is so complicated to understand. The dealer gave me a 45 minutes courses on own to use this systemIn one word; if you love gadgets and gizmos
Favorite Features: Those electric seats in the back are fabulous ( and optionnal) Also the electric trunk closer is very pratical if the car dirty
Suggested Improvements: Next time Beammer engineer, dont push it on technologies...
 Thursday, March 07, 2002
bad deal   By ronn  

2.0  Details
Review: Purchasing this car was one of my bigest mistake
Suggested Improvements: all
 Friday, March 01, 2002
This is a bad car   By Irvin Chuck  

1.6  Details
Review: I bought this car but now i love Mercedes S-Class, which i thought i hated, but now i love compared to this PIECE OF JUNK!!!
Favorite Features: none.
Suggested Improvements: everything

Instant_Killa

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 01:01:13 PM »
heres some more shit:

LUCKY BASTARDS :o

745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
 Monday, July 08, 2002
It's not really that bad.   By Eric F  

9.5  Details
Review: While many American's find the new 7 an extremely ugly car, they have to go deeper, to see the brilliant new driving dynamics, engine, and performance. The transmission and rear styling are the only things that are slightly off-kilter. i-Drive is not that confusting, people say it is, but 10 minutes behind the wheel and you'll get it.
Favorite Features: I love the new engine, front and profile styling, driving dynamics, and all the technology that makes you feel important.
Suggested Improvements: The horrible transmission, the rear styling, maybe all the technology can be overwhelming for someone over 60, uhhh.....
 Sunday, June 30, 2002
I love it the 745i   By Marcelo Ribas  

9.9  Details
Review: I am glad I bought this car, it is simply the BEST luxury sedan of the world. I love it even more now after I tested the Mercedes S series (what a piece of junk). I make excuses to go to places and drive this AWSOME car.
Favorite Features: engine, performance, handling, design, stereo system, seats.
Suggested Improvements: DVD based navigation system needs to be improved, would like to be able to change gears up and down in the steering wheel controls.
 Saturday, June 08, 2002
Best 7 Yet   By Christopher Amico  

10.0  Details
Review: I have owned 4 7s. This is my 5th and best one yet..
Favorite Features: PDC.. Seats are so comfortable
Suggested Improvements: idrive is a pain at times.. Make simpler.
 Thursday, June 06, 2002
Fabulous piece of machinery   By Fredgpi  

8.9  Details
Review: Cadillac & Corvette owner for 40 years with an occasional muscle car thrown into the mix buying foreign anything was a difficult choice. BMW has incorporated a symphany of technology and luxurious appointments with a muscle car soul. All cars of the future will chase the 745.
Favorite Features: Handling, performance, sound system.
Suggested Improvements: Steptronic up & down shift, rent a Hertz with NeverLost Navigation...
 Saturday, May 18, 2002
What were they thinking????   By MTM  

8.3  Details
Review: I went from a 740 to a S430 and needed to get back to the performance of a 7, if your a real driver the S class won't cut it. I was the first on my block and the dealership for that matter to pick up this car and loved it UNTIL the problems started. Remote problems, telephone keypad went, Nav. system from 5 years ago which stopped working all together. The dealer can't fix all the problems just patch them for now, all in all the i drive system stinks. BMW rushed this car to market before fixing the bug and are lucky loyal customers are still around. BMW's lucky it drives like no other or they would certainly loose market share to other companies.
Favorite Features: What knucklehead thought up the electronic shift system on this car,NEUTRAL WHERE,Why did they make it so you can only down shift on the wheel,USELESS,that genus should be fired. However this car drives like no other in its class. Hands down it's AWSOME to drive.
Suggested Improvements: Thank goodness you don't need the i drive system to operate the car. BMW should stick to driving and performance and leave the fancy computer crap to the Japanese.
 Thursday, May 02, 2002
bmw7   By djp  

9.6  Details
Review: I cannot stop smiling while I drive this car. No need for a sports car anymore.
Favorite Features: Engine, handling, acceleration, just about everything.
Suggested Improvements: Need to be able to down and up shift manually.
 Tuesday, April 09, 2002
BMW 745i   By Paulo Castanhaes  

10.0  Details
Review: Ann excellent car, with everything you need to make a perfect drive

Wednesday, April 03, 2002
WHAT A CAR   By DARIENMAN  

9.5  Details
Review: I PICKED UP MY 745I ON A SATURDAY THE SALES PERSON WENT OVER THE BASIC FEATURES OF THE CAR WITH ME THEM LET ME GO AND DRIVE THE CAR FOR A FEW DAYS. WE MADE AN APPOINTMENT FOR ME TO COME BACK AND SPEAK WITH HIM ON THURSDAY, OR THEY HAVE A BMW MASTER TECHNICIAN AVAILABLE THREE NIGHTS A WEEK TO GO OVER ANYTHING IN MORE DEPTH, HE WAS VERY HANDY WITH EXPLAINING THE NAV. AND PHONE WITH THE CAR. I LOVE THE CAR THE WHOLE FEEL OF IT HAS A CERTAIN PRESENCE, AND THE EVERYONE STOPS TO LOOK AT IT. I GOT THE LUXURY SEAT PKG, PREMIUM SOUND AND REAR SUNSHADES
Favorite Features: SEATS, I-DRIVE
Suggested Improvements: DVD NAVIGATION
Great Ride/"I drive" over done   By WG  

9.3  Details
Review: I have had the 745i for a little over a week and driving it is pure fun. Each time I get on I20 some teenage with a loaded small Honda pulls up beside me to race. All they see is how great my car looks from behind! The inside is very comfortable however the I drive is two much. I will trade mine on the first future 7 that comes out with a touch screen. I ran my battery down just learning how to operate the I Drive.
Favorite Features: The styling, the look and engine.
Suggested Improvements: Put the gear shift back between the front seats.
new 745i owner and happy   By richard d shapiro  

9.9  Details
Review: just purchased this vehicle and having a ball with it. Basically it is awsome. Still learning all the functions.Performs remarkably. This is my 5th BMW and it is definalely the most advanced and best
Favorite Features: a drivers car.Driver is totally in control. Functions allow the eyes to be kept on the road. I drive is not scary and getting much easier to learn and usse
Suggested Improvements: DVD for the GPS.Remote needs to be too close to the car to function.
 Friday, March 22, 2002
Impressive but still a ways to go!   By talentwave  

8.0  Details
Review: I'm having problems with the software, mostly. The Nav. system came written in German, I lose my settings frequently, the passanger door locked up on me with no way to open it, the trunk locked up on me with the e-mechanics failing, the comfort seats have some intrinsic glitches such as the headrest goes up if you move the seat forward or back, so it's mostly the added features and the computer's software that need improvement. The Nav is archaic compared to the rest of the car. Let's get DVD soon, OK?
Favorite Features: Styling, transmission,brakes,sound-system,ride.
Suggested Improvements: Nav,hands-free telephone needs work. I suggest that the names that you store via the hands free should be the same that are stored via the telephone handset. They need to appear somrewhere on the display.
 Saturday, March 16, 2002
Owned it for 12 days   By Big Daddy  

6.9  Details
Review: I am so relieved that I am not the only one disappointed in the purchase of this car! I love the styling and performance but it is way over engineered and difficult for a non-owner (read: valet, car wash, friends) to drive. The first tip off should have been the 90 minute "instructional" video that comes with the car. I traded it after 12 days for an '02 MB S-500.
Favorite Features: Styling, ventilated seats, performance
Suggested Improvements: Simplify the iDrive and make this an easier car to operate
 Monday, March 11, 2002
Growing Pains but great car   By Bill Miller  

Instant_Killa

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2002, 01:01:39 PM »
some more customer ratings:

10.0  Details
Review: I've had some recalls on my new Seven butI expected that with a new body style. I love to get the latest and greatest cars and this one fit the bill. I am use to problems with new body styles and the growing pains relating to that. Overall the 7 is to date the most advanced car I have owned and the looks have really grown on me. It was a hard choice between the performance of the M5 and the luxury and room of this new 7. I think I made the right choice.
Favorite Features: 6- spd trans. Voice commands
Suggested Improvements: Get a touch screen Nav
 Monday, March 11, 2002
best 7 yet   By Zcaer  

10.0  Details
Review: Owned 3 sevens. This is the best yet. Power is a wonderful thing.
Favorite Features: Sound sytem, I-Drive.
Suggested Improvements: DVD based Nav.
 Sunday, March 10, 2002
no excuses for Nav system   By Disappointed  

5.9  Details
Review: There is just no excuse for a CD based nav system so many of the less expensive Japanese cars have gone DVD based. They are using the same Nav system as from the 2001 model, which requires loads of clicks to do anything, is not ergonimic, and is not touch-screen. (The nav in my wife's Acura MDX by comparison is a star.)And, after speaking to BMW USA in NJ, they will not provide an upgrade path.Too bad....
Suggested Improvements: Touch screen Nav like Acura MDX. Built-in hands free cell phone communication (inclusing the ability to remove cell phone from care withOUT unplugging the headset.
 Sunday, March 10, 2002
Great car to move step into the future!!   By ACP  

9.5  Details
Review: Great ride, quick acceleration, good handling. Not a car for the faint hearted, or computer illiteres.
Favorite Features: iDrive, voice guided directions, voice activated stereo system and telephone, self close trunk.

Saturday, March 09, 2002
Awesome   By John Smith  

10.0  Details
Review: very cool
Favorite Features: on-board computer/navigation system
Suggested Improvements: nothing
 Friday, March 08, 2002
Great car   By allawi  

9.9  Details
Review: great car (the best i have seen so far
Favorite Features: the i drivbe and shape
Suggested Improvements: imrpove the navigation screen
 Tuesday, February 26, 2002
New 7   By james donovan  

5.4  Details
Review: After driving comparable vehicles, I've come to the conclusion that I should have purchased an S-Class instead. If I wanted sportiness, I would have purchased a smaller car. The Beamer can't compare class-wise to the Benz.
Favorite Features: I-drive...I love playing with the little knob...
Suggested Improvements: Improve the styling...it's almost hideous.
 Saturday, February 09, 2002
Initial disappontment   By Japgerm  

7.1  Details
Review: Just picked up a 745 and having issues already. My initial car was never delivered to me due to the dealer's inability to fix a code error during the system checkout. So i accepted a different color vehicle with different options. During the drive home from the dealership my speakers POPPED and the Idrive system re-intialized itself.Next day it occurred again and my left front speaker is blown. In all fairness the dealer has so far been excellent since the day I walked in the door..
Favorite Features: Handling Power Seats

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2002, 01:01:47 PM »
DAMN! that shit looks nice, too bad im not rich

Instant_Killa

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2002, 01:08:17 PM »
mofos..lol (the customers who gave it a bad rating)

this car is not for dumb mofos , its for smart intelligent and cool ppl, nyone who hates this can take a 'FUCK U ' from me

lol

fuck haters, this is a tite car, n jus wait until the next year, a more powerfuul car is comin up

peace