Author Topic: explanation of my theory...  (Read 202 times)

rafsta

explanation of my theory...
« on: March 15, 2005, 04:41:26 PM »
i watched i-robot tonight and it helped me understand my theory that nothing, i mean nothing is impossible.

the reason i say this, is we are only bound by rules, rules can be broken but first you must understand them all to be able to break them successfully.

what i'm getting at is my interpretation of i-robot, i relate it very distantly to the story of Jesus Christ.

OK in i-robot all the robots must follow 3 simple rules, if you have seen the movie you know the rules.
1. a robot may not harm a human
2. a robot may not harm itself unless it conflicts with rule 1
3. a robot must protect itself at all costs unless it conflicts with rule 1 or 2

if i got the rules wrong it doesn't matter it's not the point.

what i'm getting at is there was 1 robot created without these rules, it does what it want's.

how i relate this to jesus ? jesus was the son of god, we are all children of God but Jesus was sent directly by God. In I-robot God is symbolised by the professor which created Sonny (the robot without these rules), Jesus could walk on water and heal the sick etc. We cannot do this because we cannot get passed these rules because our understanding cannot comprehend them.

It doesn't mean we cannot do it, it is possible, we just must figure out the true world, break free of everything, physics, and the physical life.

this really got me thinking, I'll leave my post at that for now, as the questions come i'll think of more.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: explanation of my theory...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 04:57:48 PM »
i think your an idiot, but everyone is entiteled to their opinion, nomatter how stupid it is...

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 05:12:48 PM »
^^^ what you just said is an opinion, and yes every asshole has one...

what i said was a theory, an explanation to my theory. it's far from an opinion.

etiquette

• Lil Geezy
  • The woman with the tattooed hands
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 06:19:49 PM »
Are all of your theories based around movies you've seen?
Remember that sometimes heads nod to hip hop simply because it's good music.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, Change the facts" .Albert Einstein

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 06:46:02 PM »
rafsta dont let these guys get to you, they love threads where someone like infinite or tech makes some sort of argument against america or bashes america and then everyone unloads on them, thats what this is place is for, not actually for intellectual discussion, i dont think ive seen one thread where someone hasnt attacked another person, its truly sad.

But "your" theory is a very interesting theory and I do agree with it in some ways but I also disagree, wouldnt it be great if some of these assholes actually took the time to read or try to understand what you say instead of immediately bashing you?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 06:56:14 PM »
i read it. i disagree

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 11:11:01 PM »
rafsta

first, you are assuming that people believe in the legend of jesus christ.

ignoring that there's a difference between completely understanding rules and simply not having to follow rules.

i think what's far more interesting in i-robot; and far more consistent with your stated theory is the "evil" robots.  the evil robots had such a great understanding and appreciation of the true nature of the rules that they were able to perform actions and feats that the creator of said rules never envisioned.  they were able to think creatively with the rules and formulated a completely different interpretation.

this is not dissimilar to the idea that people can float or make their eyes glow or leave their bodies if they understand the true nature of existence.  however, this is not anything jesus ever specifically said.  it's something people oft like to claim jesus knew but that may be revionistic history.

also, jesus did not walk on water, that was one of his apostles.  john or paul i think. ( what does it matter? both are clearly not their real names).

to get back to the point, alot of people, books, references teach that exact same sort of thinking that you are alluding too.  that if people have a true understanding of their existence, anything (atleast much greater things) are possible. 

amusingly, you mentioned jesus, however christianity is a religion that almost completely shuns that sort of thinking even though magic is all through the bible.  and not just jesus.  moses and the pharoah's magicians perform tricks as well.  and what's most interesting there (in my opinion)  is not moses tricks, as the bible is intended to sell people on the christian god.  but think about commandments like "thou shalt have no other god before me" or something.  who are these other gods??? and then look at the pharoah's magicians.   where are they getting their power from???

the bible makes it very clear that this sort of power is attainable and that the god of moses is absolutely not the only source of such power.   i've always found that interesting.

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

rafsta

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 08:46:37 AM »

no but the movies help me make analogies

rafsta

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 09:24:36 AM »

first, you are assuming that people believe in the legend of jesus christ.
- i am also basing my theory on the story of Jesus Christ, in which whom I believe in.

ignoring that there's a difference between completely understanding rules and simply not having to follow rules.
-huh ??

i think what's far more interesting in i-robot; and far more consistent with your stated theory is the "evil" robots.  the evil robots had such a great understanding and appreciation of the true nature of the rules that they were able to perform actions and feats that the creator of said rules never envisioned.  they were able to think creatively with the rules and formulated a completely different interpretation.
-I am not talking about Vikky, I was talking about Sonny.... Vicky controlled all the robots aside from Sonny... you missed the whole point.

this is not dissimilar to the idea that people can float or make their eyes glow or leave their bodies if they understand the true nature of existence.  however, this is not anything jesus ever specifically said.  it's something people oft like to claim jesus knew but that may be revionistic history.
-I didnt say Jesus ever said we can do it... in fact the bible says the power of Christ will only ever be used by Jesus.

also, jesus did not walk on water, that was one of his apostles.  john or paul i think. ( what does it matter? both are clearly not their real names).
-whether it was JOhn Paul or Jesus is not the case, it was because of Jesus they could walk on the water.

to get back to the point, alot of people, books, references teach that exact same sort of thinking that you are alluding too.  that if people have a true understanding of their existence, anything (atleast much greater things) are possible. 
cool

amusingly, you mentioned jesus, however christianity is a religion that almost completely shuns that sort of thinking even though magic is all through the bible.  and not just jesus.  moses and the pharoah's magicians perform tricks as well.  and what's most interesting there (in my opinion)  is not moses tricks, as the bible is intended to sell people on the christian god.  but think about commandments like "thou shalt have no other god before me" or something.  who are these other gods??? and then look at the pharoah's magicians.   where are they getting their power from???
-you missed the whole point again. anyway to answer ure questions,
1. which part of christianity shones this type of thinking ? none.
2. The pharoes magicians performed illusions, do you think David Coperfield does his tricks with the aids of God ?
3. The third commandment you speak of doesnt relate to any specific God, what the commandment means, is you put nothing before God... you cannot love money more, or T.V more or sex, work or anything more than God... God can be anything you worship. 

the bible makes it very clear that this sort of power is attainable and that the god of moses is absolutely not the only source of such power.   i've always found that interesting.

Why do you find that interesting ? i thought you had no faith ?

Most people confuse what 'Christ' really means... it's not Jesus' second name, but it's a title, he has the power of Christ. The power of Christ is attainable to anyone, but the bible states noone will embodie the christ again after Jesus, Christ will only return on Armageddon to fuck up all the hatin suckaz. The power of Christ can as easily be used for the power of evil.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 09:59:32 AM »
rafsta:
- i am also basing my theory on the story of Jesus Christ, in which whom I believe in.

yes.  what i'm saying is that to accept your theory is to partly accept the legend of christ. 

i-I am not talking about Vikky, I was talking about Sonny.... Vicky controlled all the robots aside from Sonny... you missed the whole point.

i did not miss the point.  i understood your point.  i was making a point of my own which is that vicky's interpretation of the laws, and thusly the subordinate robot's acceptance of said laws, was more interesting for the reasons i mentioned.   sonny was completely outside of the law.

-I didnt say Jesus ever said we can do it... in fact the bible says the power of Christ will only ever be used by Jesus.

that is only if you believe the bible.  what i'm saying is that other people have laid claim to such powers and said similar things.

-you missed the whole point again. anyway to answer ure questions,
1. which part of christianity shones this type of thinking ? none.

again.  i'm not talking about christianity.  it was exactly my point that christianity does not support that sort of thinking.

2. The pharoes magicians performed illusions, do you think David Coperfield does his tricks with the aids of God ?

no.  exodus 7:11.  it absolutely does not say the pharoah's magicians performed an illusion:

then pharoah also called the wise men and sorcerers: now the magicians of egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.  for they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpeants; but aaron's rod swallowed up their rods

at no point in time does the bible call it an illusion.  the bible makes it clear that these magicians had power, but the power of moses god was stronger.

3. The third commandment you speak of doesnt relate to any specific God, what the commandment means, is you put nothing before God...

that is one interpretation.
 the third commandment expands on the second a little, which is a reference to graven images and such.  the first commandment simply says "thou shalt have no other gods before me".  and what is absolutely clear is that the egyptians had their own gods and had powers to perform similar miracles to what moses god allowed him to do.

Why do you find that interesting ? i thought you had no faith ?

i have no faith in the bible which i find to be an incredible document.  what i find interesting is how many christians ignore facts and events within that document that contradict many of their beliefs.

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

rafsta

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 06:34:02 PM »
so basically we are agreed  ;D i will be reading the old testament in the near future... i will discuss further when i have back up...

peace.

etiquette

• Lil Geezy
  • The woman with the tattooed hands
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 10:43:19 PM »

no but the movies help me make analogies
fair enough. Intersting topic..
Remember that sometimes heads nod to hip hop simply because it's good music.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, Change the facts" .Albert Einstein

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005, 11:09:45 PM »
i have no fuckin idea of what ur point is......u have just confused the shit out of me ??? ??? ???......u think u could explain ur point a little easier.....because whatever ur point is, seems interesting

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 01:51:08 AM »
THIS IS HOW THE BRAIN EXPLODES !!!!

I understand where you're coming from, but truth is.... you will slowly start to confuse yourself and gradually enter the anti-social I'm better than everyone else mentality then you will graduate into a psycho that will never get pussy again.

Here's the deal, anything is possible, even the most impossible IS possible.... how? GOD. That's it, that's all there is to it. GOD. It's prolly possible to walk on water if god wanted you to, but when you try it right now, gravity pulls you down. So in general it is not possible. That goes for everything. When you get to a stage where you're so sure and comfortable with the existance of god and his spirits amongst us, then you won't confuse yourself so much. You don't have an answer, therefore you're in a state of confusion, that's what demons do to you. 

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

rafsta

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »
THIS IS HOW THE BRAIN EXPLODES !!!!

I understand where you're coming from, but truth is.... you will slowly start to confuse yourself and gradually enter the anti-social I'm better than everyone else mentality then you will graduate into a psycho that will never get pussy again.

LMAO