Author Topic: 2 Computer Issues  (Read 137 times)

Thirteen

2 Computer Issues
« on: March 17, 2005, 12:10:15 PM »
ok i finally got my parts in, hooked up my computer lovely like and almost everything is fine... updated everything on my computer (windows, drivers for the motherboard....) now here's my issue.

1. my motherboard supports USB 2.0 and it said that all i have to do is fully update windows and i should have no problem... but i bought a 160 Gb external harddrive and the thing worked on my old computer, but doesn't work on this one...also when my computer goes into sleep mode, the USB mouse doesn't work when sleep mode is taken off....and finally my Military ID card reader is seen as an external storage drive, even though it's empty (and it's not mixed with the external harddrive)

all these problem are USB issues, i'm using the USB ports attached directly to the motherboard so it shouldn't be connection problems...i've looked on the ASUS website for newer drivers but there are none, just looking for help before i contact ASUS

2. I'd like to overclock my CPU but i'm afraid about heat issues... my processor already has a heatcink and a fan directly attached to it...my case also has three other fans and a hardware monitor program... i had my processor (2.4Ghz) over clocked to 3.2 but the temp gets dangerously close to the warning point.... what other ways can i keep my CPU cooled down?

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2 Computer Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 12:39:44 PM »
ummm...good luck?   :-\

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 08:49:20 PM »
i fixed computer issue number 1... i just went to my system then to hardware, then to device manager... and i noticed that no drivers were installed of the USB controller...

now i only need to tackle the CPU cooling issue and my computer will be totally kick ass  :bandit:

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 09:01:41 PM »

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 01:32:12 AM »
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-36,GGLD:en&q=2%2E4Ghz+overclock
There's some good shit with that search...

It's been a while since I've overclocked anything of mine... The last thing I did was take a 300mhz celeron up to 450. I just remember I had a kickass fan. I might do some research into fans since I'd imagine your shit might get kinda hot.

Caution2006

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 04:33:01 AM »
trying buying some more fans, basically shit that's gonna keep your system cooled down and not overheated

Thirteen

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 09:35:35 AM »
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-36,GGLD:en&q=2%2E4Ghz+overclock
There's some good shit with that search...

It's been a while since I've overclocked anything of mine... The last thing I did was take a 300mhz celeron up to 450. I just remember I had a kickass fan. I might do some research into fans since I'd imagine your shit might get kinda hot.