Author Topic: This is one of the few cases where death penalty is deserved.  (Read 222 times)

Jome

Re: This is one of the few cases where death penalty is deserved.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 07:49:41 PM »
This is one of but MANY cases where the death penalty is deserved.  You can't just arbitrarily draw the line anywhere you want, Jome. Either you're for it, or you're against it.  You're obviously for it, stop frontin'. 

The line must be drawn somewhere, you just can't let it all slide, like in many states in U.S.

1st, you have to be 120% sure that you're executing the right person, not like in many cases in U.S. where they found out that, hey he wasn't guilty after all.. oh well too late, after he's executed, this have happened before, and it will happen again, and again. Check Amnesty Int. for more info.

2nd, Sometimes a confession isn't even enough, as you have people who doesn't think clear, is mentally handicapped in some way, or some times the police is pushing so hard for a confession, that weakminded people end up confessing something they did not do, for whatever reason, sounds strange but it happens.

3rd, there's mentally handicapped people, insane people, and kids.. none of these should be executed, imo.

4th, who is right to convict somebody to death.. ?
A judge ? A dozen random people in a jury ?? Bush's cousins.. ?? Please..

The only time I'm for execution, is in barbaric and extreme cases, where the crime is so cruel, or/and there's really no way to turn the killer into a normal person.
Lifetime in jail is enough punishment in a lot of cases, and yeah, it costs money..

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 07:55:26 PM »
That's bullshit, Jome.  You're ARBITRARILY deciding where the death penalty should be imposed.  By doing that, you're saying 1 man's opinion is enough to decide it... YOURS.  That's a fallacy; as soon as you're ready to admit that you would be o.k. with THIS man being killed, you have to admit, if you're going to be fair, that you support the death penalty.

I walk up to a woman on the street, and say, would you have sex with me if I gave you 10 million dollars, and ended poverty everywhere in the world? The woman laughs, and I say No, truthfully, I give you 10 million dollars, and end poverty everywhere in the world!  She says, Well, if you gave me 10 million, and ended poverty everywhere in the world, I would have sex with you.  So I ask her, would you give me a blowjob for 5 bucks? She says "What do you think I am, a prostitute?" I say "We've already decided that, now we're just bickering on the price". 

Doggystylin

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 07:57:03 PM »
lmao^..that storys funny

etiquette

• Lil Geezy
  • The woman with the tattooed hands
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 08:04:13 PM »
Nothing can justify giving someone the death penalty IMO... and those pictures disturbed me greatly.

What he did was sick and twisted, but he got the easy way out.... eventually...

Remember that sometimes heads nod to hip hop simply because it's good music.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, Change the facts" .Albert Einstein

Jome

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 08:05:22 PM »
That's bullshit, Jome.  You're ARBITRARILY deciding where the death penalty should be imposed.  By doing that, you're saying 1 man's opinion is enough to decide it... YOURS. 

No, I'm not deciding anything, I said there should be clearer laws on this and that lines should be drawn, in other words: *Not like it's practiced in many countries today*.

Many innocent people have been executed in countries like Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, U.S., etc.
This is countries you normally wouldn't like to be mentioned in the same sentence as, but you're right up there buddy.
I don't expect you to know much about this, as they probably doesn't mention to much about DeathRow and executions in U.S. media, am I right.. ?