Author Topic: What are some dope European rappers?  (Read 1554 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What are some dope European rappers?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2005, 01:44:14 AM »
Samy Deluxe - Deluxe Soundsystem is a classic LP

outshines everything fool did afterwards

some dude noone seems to like is Curse, but I like his style much more than that Westberlin ish.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2005, 11:45:44 AM »
if you're looking for good rap music avoid the UK - there is nothing here

Not true go and buy skinnymans album or klashnekoff.

is klashnekoffs album good then? when i first heard him i thought i was gonna buy it, but somehow i never heard of it again since it was upcoming....

Yeah klashnekoffs album is good but i would buy skinnymans album over it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2005, 02:08:35 PM »
yea there is some good rappers but in the words of ice cube "the best rapper in the world ainta european"

[img]

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2005, 04:38:58 PM »
if you're looking for good rap music avoid the UK - there is nothing here

yup yup, uk rap sucks big time

Ronni

• Lil Geezy
  • teck
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2005, 04:51:11 PM »
There are some good swedish acts. I'll mention a couple...

Timbuktu - Swedens best rapper in my opinion, Good song concepts. Quite a commercial sound, but he manages to walk that thin line by being commerical and still cool and appealing to the underground listeners.
Some of his singles are: Alla vill till himmelen men ingen vill dö - Everybody wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die
                                 Pendelparanoia - about observations when riding the subway
                                 The Botten is Nådd - about the feelings after a really drunken party night
                                 Jag drar

Promoe - Raps in english. Is part of the collective Loop Troop. His latest album "The Long Distance Runner" was great. Check out at least these songs: These walls don't lie, Long distance runner and Likkle Supm Supm

The Latin Kings - Amongst the pioneers of Swedish hip-hop. These are some songs to check out: Omertá, Cashen dom tas, Mixa Zuten, Mitt kvarter, De e knas, Ainaziz

Petter - Used to be the king of mainstream swedish rap. Got a lot of radiospins. Has done a song with RZA on the "World according to RZA" album. Liked his last album Ronin. Some songs to check out: Repa skivan, Samma samma, Ey Yo, Pissar på dig, Vinden har vänt, Prolog, Saker och ting, Rulla med oss (feat. Timbuktu, Peewee, Eye N'I), Henry Hård, Alfons, Så klart, Mikrofonkåt

Infinite Mass - Pretty old group that has changed their style alot the last couple of years. They rap in english. When they first came out they were real West Coast influenced. They have made a song with MC Eiht called Comptown 2 Stocktown and it appeared on their second album. Other songs to check out are: G-Ride, Bullet, She's a freak, Mah Boyz, Enter the dragon, Idiots don't sleep, Nine 5 Vibe

Some other artists and songs that deserves a mention are:
Ken - Eld och djupa vatten, Vill inte veta, Mitt liv
Blues - Under ytan, Andra sidan (bortom dimhöljet), Släpp mig fri
Fattaru - Första femman, Mina hundar
Fjärde världen - Här i vårt kvarter

The artists and songs I've mentioned are mainly mainstream swedish hip-hop. There's alot more great music like Mat åt Far or Organism 12, but I'm just not that involved in it since I'm more into American hip-hop. I can also recommend french artists MC Solaar (La Belle et le bad boy, Solaar Pleure, Arkansas, Les Colonies) and Stomy Bugsy (Drole de vie). Hope this will give you some new good artists and music to listen to.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 04:56:10 PM by Ronni »

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2005, 04:53:54 PM »
SAS - Who Dares Wins

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2005, 01:28:54 AM »

Infinite Mass - Pretty old group that has changed their style alot the last couple of years. They rap in english. When they first came out they were real West Coast influenced. They have made a song with MC Eiht called Comptown 2 Stocktown and it appeared on their second album. Other songs to check out are: G-Ride, Bullet, She's a freak, Mah Boyz, Enter the dragon, Idiots don't sleep, Nine 5 Vibe

Oh, I know them  :o "The Infinite Patio" is a cool album

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2005, 07:26:12 AM »
The only good Dutch rapper is Extince. The rest of all Dutch MC's are wack, except for the group act Postmen.

Opgezwolle is dope

Ronni

• Lil Geezy
  • teck
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2005, 02:56:18 PM »

Oh, I know them  :o "The Infinite Patio" is a cool album

Yeah, it's a pretty good album. Surprisingly West Coast influenced for a swedish album. But the west was big when they dropped it in 95, so why not. Their second album also has that west sound to it, plus that song with MC Eiht I mentioned earlier is on it. After that they switched their style though. This is a good thing though since they got better on the album called "The Face". Listen to Bullet and She's a freak from that album. I like this style better, cos if I want west coast music I listen to artists from the west, not people trying to sound west coast.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 02:58:14 PM by Ronni »

'EclipZe

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2005, 10:45:32 PM »
The only good Dutch rapper is Extince. The rest of all Dutch MC's are wack, except for the group act Postmen.

Opgezwolle is dope

yeah real shit

mauzip

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2005, 10:49:04 PM »
opgezwolle is overrated
they're wack, have you seen em live?

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2005, 02:47:37 AM »
I seen Ali B with that fag Brace (Dutch) live when they opened for G-Unit last summer and ADHD and Brainpower (Dutch 2) at the D12 concert almost made me walk out on the concert (wish I did tho, D12 kinda sux on stage)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 04:27:43 PM by Sly3k »

'EclipZe

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2005, 02:48:58 AM »
well only real good urban artists from netherlands are negativ, ebon-e, postmen and extince... but I enjoy some opgezwolle tracks 8) , and ali b is wack lol.... you have to be maroccian or beneath 12 years old to like it

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2005, 04:06:14 AM »
Opgezwolle aint all that... personally I think all Dutch rap sux
U ever tried listening to Ali B or some of those other fucking immigrants?
only decent Dutch rapper is E-Life and he raps in english...
just stick to the West Coast

Damn your so fucking stupid. You know shit about dutch hiphop. You need to stop dickriding the USA. The only reason you dont like those rappers, is because they are from morroco or somewhere else. Its not about where someones from, its about the music.

Elevz

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2005, 04:18:14 AM »
Opgezwolle aint all that... personally I think all Dutch rap sux
U ever tried listening to Ali B or some of those other fucking immigrants?
only decent Dutch rapper is E-Life and he raps in english...
just stick to the West Coast

Damn your so fucking stupid. You know shit about dutch hiphop. You need to stop dickriding the USA. The only reason you dont like those rappers, is because they are from morroco or somewhere else. Its not about where someones from, its about the music.

lol, you're paranoid. How about E-Life? Do u think he has white parents?

;D

^^ E-Life ^^

Right.

It's just a quality thing. To me, it seems like all most of the dutch rappers can do, is some random shit talking (think of D-Men's Straatremix mixtapes) trying to sound tough. There's a few exceptions, but most of those fuck up in a different way (fe. Ali B's comedy raps). Get off Morroco's dick and face the truth.

Extince and E-Life. That's it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 04:34:45 AM by Elevz »