Author Topic: LAKERS SUCK  (Read 2537 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LAKERS SUCK
« on: March 18, 2005, 05:52:55 PM »
There you have it. The biggest Laker fan in the world is gunna tell it like it is...It's not that I've lost faith, because I haven't. I love the Lakers with all my heart. But the Lakers are far from a complete team...I'm not bashing their talent, because I truly believe the players possess a gang of talent, but they don't play to full potential. They just look clueless on the court. They seem uncoached...What happened to all the big name candidates to coach the Lakers? Any of those coaches would have fit better than Frank Hamblen. Hamblen is in the wrong position. He is an assistant coach and doesn't have the experience under his belt to coach a big name team such as the Lakers. Odom hasn't progressed, Mihm and Butler have subsided, Atkins has been a positive surprise, but he likes to shoot more than to pass. Some one needs to put this team in perspective. I believe this Laker team can be a great team and championship contenders...Kobe has been playing hurt ever since his return from his 14 game absence. In these types of situations, other players need to step up and they don't. This is what causes the Lakers to collapse and get outplayed. Lamar Odom shouldn't be standing on the top of the key waiting to shoot a low percentage 3-point shot, he needs to cut to the basket with or without the ball and become more aggressive. Chris Mihm shouldn't watch the other players playing while waiting to grab a rebound, he should get position and be ready for anything. Chucky Atkins shouldn't shoot every 3-point shot he gets a look at, he should play the point and run some plays. He's not good at finding players and needs to develop that into his game. Caron Butler has confidence, but not as much talent. It's like the opposite of Lamar Odom. Butler is still a smart player with a quick step who can shoot the ball, but he needs to play how he was playing in the beginning of the season. Jumain Jones and Brian Cook are excellent 3-point threats and should lead the Lakers in 3-pointers attempted, but that's not happening. Luke Walton and Slava Medvadenko were better last year under an accomplished head coach. Brian Grant is playing his worst season yet. I'm losing it just trying to figure out what these players are thinking. If I saw no potential in the Lakers and they were just a whack team with no talent, I wouldn't get angry, but that's not the case...and I'm furious. I'm praying that they wake up and start playing, but almost every day that hope keeps fading away. Nobody in this world can win a championship on their own, and that's no exception for Kobe. Yes, he's amazing. No, he can't win 1-on-5 every game. It might work here and there, but they won't get far this way. Maybe this is all part of a plan for next season, but nobody is notifying the fans. For the longest, there hasn't even been mention of Vlade Divac, who was originally projected to start at center for the Lakers this season. And I already forgot about Devan George. I don't think the Lakers will miss the playoffs, but sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I would never have imagined myself saying something like that, but there it is. Lakers need to win at least 10 out of their last 18 games. If they don't, better have a plan for next season...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: LAKERS SUCK
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 06:12:57 PM »
real talk
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 06:40:34 PM »
wow i dont wanna read all that. im guessing you jsut stated the obvious though.

acbaylove

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 06:48:16 PM »
They need a coach and a pivot. Pz.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 07:03:03 PM »
wow i dont wanna read all that. im guessing you jsut stated the obvious though.

It's just an honest opinion from a real Laker fan...I always keep it real when I'm on here and only state my true feelings. People are quick to call me a whackass Laker fan, or say I don't know my shit and just ride dick...But ya'll are quick to forget Lakers ARE my team and I stay behind them 100%...When I feel they aren't performing well, I'll admit it, and that's what I'm doing now...It happened again today, and now they need 10 of 17 to make me feel better...PeACe

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 07:16:36 PM »
Watching the Lakers is the most frustrating thing ever and with all of classes i need to study for i wanna take some time off and relax, well watching the lakers is the worst shit ever. Me and my brother were watching the Lakers Pacers game today and my brother was like, its funny, look at them, they look like they never played basketball before and hes right man, the lakers are so out of sync its disturbing.

If they keep playing like this, nope, no playoffs. Denver has a easy schedule ahead of them and the Lakers have one of the hardest schedules infront of them with games against the Sonics, Suns, Spurs, Memphis and the Rockets. Yeah doesn't look good at all, and plus even Minnesota is ahead of the Lakers now, Lakers are in 10th. I saw screw Odom, Butler and George, Lakers need to make some major trades in the off-season.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 09:06:26 PM »
glad to see this post. I think more of a "fan" when they admit their team sucks. Obviously not when they have a successful season. But, i cant stand blind fans who just make excuses everytime their team is just bad. Im a HUGE raider fan....but the last two years, we sucked. We didnt come to play, and even with their talent just didnt play together in anyway. The Lakers have a lot of work to do IMO. Theyve got one really good player, and a bunch of role players. No one else who can REALLY take the pressure off Kobe.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 09:15:47 PM »
NIK you forgot to mention the part that Kobe had one of his worst games in his entire career. Like 10 points and 3 assists or something? That's ridiculous. He really sucked the entire game. I think Lakers really need to think about getting a new coach next season and trading some players for another superstar
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 11:44:25 PM »
Watching the Lakers is the most frustrating thing ever and with all of classes i need to study for i wanna take some time off and relax, well watching the lakers is the worst shit ever. Me and my brother were watching the Lakers Pacers game today and my brother was like, its funny, look at them, they look like they never played basketball before and hes right man, the lakers are so out of sync its disturbing.

If they keep playing like this, nope, no playoffs. Denver has a easy schedule ahead of them and the Lakers have one of the hardest schedules infront of them with games against the Sonics, Suns, Spurs, Memphis and the Rockets. Yeah doesn't look good at all, and plus even Minnesota is ahead of the Lakers now, Lakers are in 10th. I saw screw Odom, Butler and George, Lakers need to make some major trades in the off-season.

It's not about trades man...You don't get it...They have the talent...Kobe, Lamar, and Butler alone should be one of the strongest trios in the NBA...Another thing, Lakers aren't playing defense! Either Hamblen's defensive system is completely whack, or the players just need to step up...With the exception of Kobe, it's rare to see a player putting in 100% effort on the defensive end when watching the Lakers...They're not lacking talent, they're just lacking effort and a coach to put them in perspective...Do the Lakers need to trade for a better player? No, but if the current players continue lagging it, then yes, the Lakers will need a player with heart, some one like Ray Allen or Amare Stoudmire...Players who know what they're doing and are already developed...If it gets to that situation, then I have faith in Jerry Buss to know what to do...I just hope something happens...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 02:45:19 AM »
First of all............NIK now you know where i was coming from

second of all this is the Los Angeles Lakers the most storied franchise in nba history.. yeah boston may have a few more championshipsbut the lakers are the leagues most storied franchise. We'll be like the  yankeez win a grip then suck win a grip then suck for a bit. you got to realize teams like this don't just fade away. This is the beaty of being a fan watching your team come from nothing to glory , that's why we rioted when we won in 2000.

check this out the laker WILL have at least 5 more championships under their belts before i retire and go on social security

the mineapolis lakers use to be bad ass when they had miken then after that era they sucked but then the jerry west era had come
when the west and chamberlin era ended the lakers sucked for a few then bam show time came
when showtime ended the lakers sucked for a few then bam the kobe shaq era
who knows what the next era will but all i know is it's coming

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 03:55:54 AM »
Nik we both know this team just needs some steps. First of all they need a credible coach. That thing is too important to joke about it. Look at Denver. Before they hired Karl they were out the Play Offs, having an horrible season. Now they are probably the hottest team in the West, with a 9-1 record in the last 10 games. Second, they need somebody to find the right role/system to get Odom involved (he's a point forward, it's useless to use him as a "normal" PF or as a 3pts shooter), or we should trade him keeping Butler and George and trying to sign a good Center. Third, we need a Center. Divac didnt play this season, Grant is having troubles in the West Coast (and he's old anyway), Medvedenko was rarely being used this year and Cook is just a 3pts shooter. With those 3 steps i think next year Lakers will back as contenders. Maybe they'll not win the ring, but shit, it will be hella better for sure!

The things that makes me optimistic are:
1- Franchise History (everybody wanna coach the Lakers)(but coach K, ok ok..)
2- A lot of tradable players (Divac, Grant, Odom, Butler, Medvedenko, George, Walton..)
3- Bryant probably understood more how to be a leader and not a crying bitch.

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 07:45:02 AM »
I never thought Id see the day Sccit said the "Lakers Suck"

:o

I can see it now.  Next year around this time he will be giving LeBron the crown and completely off Kobe and the Lakers nuts.

That'll be the day...........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 08:52:13 AM »
^^It's pieces of shit like you that make the world a piece of shit...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 10:42:27 PM »
I don't belive that Butler is as good as you think he should be. The man just doesn't quite get it. And Lamar has the tools, and the body to be great, but has really only had one solid season his whole career. The fact that he is injury prone is probably what is keeping him from slashing, which is sad because he can be one of the most unstoppable drivers in the sport. But hey, it could be worse... you could have had your teams 3 best players suspended for a total of 1,000,000 games like my team :).... Thank Christ for uncle Reg lol.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 10:51:23 PM »
butler is crap, odom is a lil above crap but for the most the lakers trade from them 2 and sending shaq was a total waste, what a bunch of fuckin idiots in the lakers front office.  and for those who thought kobe would be the next jordan....i hope this serves as a reminder that he'll never be like jordan
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?