Author Topic: New Keitarock Interview!! Exposed Studio Gangsters  (Read 2071 times)

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New Keitarock Interview!! Exposed Studio Gangsters
« on: August 14, 2002, 09:31:29 AM »
Peep www.onpointpromotions.com.au to read a new interview with Shot Caller of the Rolling 60's Camp Keitarock as he explains how he got into the game and his days as the second n command over at the row ,also if ya'll didn't know it was Rock who was also in the studio that night that the Dogg Pound got shot at, he pushed the drink despenser in front of the door to prevent them fools coming up in there.The interview is under the interviews section amd also peep the playmates section and pics from Fredwrecks 'Chronicpalooza tour ' down under
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
Re: New Keitarock Interview!! Exposed Studio Gangs
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 09:39:26 AM »
I cant find that interview  :o
40oz Graphire

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 09:40:52 AM »
the interviews link isnt always there.. lol

Keita Rock Article

When the question is often asked what has the West Coast contributed to hip hop the answer always seems to revert back to the same old answer ‘Gangster Rap ‘but along with explosion of ‘Gangsta Rap’ in the mid nineties came a bunch of rappers trying to cash in on the market. Speaking on what dirt they done did and what hoods they claimed , everyone from there mom to there homies knew they hadn’t done a damn thang, these artists became to be known as ‘Studio Gangsters ‘as rapper and West Coast Hoodsta Entertainment CEO Keita Rock likes to call them ‘All these rappers out right now doing it Snoop, all of them included they ain’t real they ain’t from the streets there all studio gangsters’ he goes on to mention that the only ones in the business on the West Coast right now who are really real with it are artists such as ,WC,Dresta and CJ Mac.Allfrumthai and The Comrads .The term studio gangster is one such term you won’t find applying to a artist by the name of Keitarock ,while some of these previously named artists had to make some cash or break bread in the industry before there name could be recognized in the streets or in there own hood, here is 1 business man and artist who’s name rings bells and strikes fear into the hearts of men to this very day just at the mention of his name. Originally brought up and raised in South Central area of Los Angeles Keita early on became involved in 1 of the
>news>interviewsmost well known and publicized crip sets the ‘Rolling 60’s.If you were 1 of the many that picked up Monster Kody’s best seller ‘Life of a LA Gang banger’; you would possibly be familiar with Keita and some of the work he put in on the streets of some of LA’s most violent and notorious neighbour hoods. After spending a good 20 or so years of his life going in and out of prison Keita knew that there must be another way rather then just continuing to take the penitentiary chances that had landed him in those past predicaments. Enter the Dogg Pound , Keita who rolled with the Dogg Pound and was affiliated with the infamous crew before they had got into the music industry ,ended up getting his introduction to the business once they signed there deal with Suge Knight and Death Row Records, this is a connection that would continue to unfold later in Keita’s career .Sitting down and chatting with Keita Rock is like chatting with 1 of your family elders someone who is blessed with the knowledge of the street smarts and what his past experiences have brought him, you can’t help but listen attentively to everything that comes out his mouth as you know you could miss something important at any stage. Keita got his first break working on a independent label called Breakaway Entertainment which at the time had signed Nate Dogg to there fledgling label after Nate dogg had just left his label deal at Death Row, Breakaway had also agreed to put out a 3 album deal by another Dogg Pound affiliate in Big C Style which included his release the ‘Straight Out Of Cali’ compilation. Keita was by this time involved with the A&R work over at Breakaway and took care of the whole ‘Straight out Of Cali’ project that C Style had put together.’

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 09:41:06 AM »
During the time of the release of this project, there were a lot of legalities going on at Breakaway which involved Nate Dogg and the label ended up folding. While this may have deterred other folk in the business after putting in many long hours and sleepless nights it didn’t stop Keita from keeping his thoughts on the music, and around 6 - 12 months later he received a personal phone call from the infamous head of Deathrow Suge Knight .Suge who at the time was incarcerated in Mule State Correctional Facility asked Keita personally to go over to The Row to A&R for them. Keita who spent a few years over at Tha Row was then put in charge with the ‘Too Gangsta For Radio ‘project which Keita had named himself, the project as Keita says ‘was a real controversial album, ‘I had various artists riding from LA, San Diego, Watts, Compton, Inglewood on that album, I basically puts put a gang of crips and bloods in the same room and did a collabo on some real shit. I’m a well known veteran Crip member from 60th street. So in essence he had me over there to equalize the little differences they were having over there at the time .It was off this album release that Keita made his first appearance as a artist on a track called ‘Projects’ with another row artist at the time Swoop G which happened to be one of the few tracks not dissing anybody on the album. But as Keita explains his spot on the track wasn’t originally planned as such ‘I was writing that verse for another artist at the time ,they had writers block or whatever and then I just ended up spitting it and the shit came out banging so the dude said it sounded better with me spitting it so that’s how that went down ,it was a accident I always been more on the business side of things ‘.While Keita was at the Deathrow there were a lot of little incidents over at the label which continued to add reason to Deathrow’s infamous reputation as one of the most notorious record label in the business. One such incident occurred when Keita rock fired on Nate Dogg at the 2001 Soul Train Awards after party .To hear Keita tell it was a result of dealings over at Breakaway entertainment when both were still part of the label that was the cause of the bad blood, apparently Nate Dogg and a publicist at the label tried to sue against the label along with filing criminal charges against Keita over a physical altercation which never occurred. When Keita approached Nate about the situation about getting the publicist to clear the charges and to tell the truth it fell on deaf ears, Keita was not to know however that Nate was in cahoots with the publicist and the label had to settle with them out of court for a agreed upon sum for a undisclosed amount. After a few years of helping co-ordinate different projects and tasks over at The Row along with helping Suge maintain his label Keita was offered a new deal through AMC records the label his ‘West Coast Hoodsta Entertainment’ runs through to this very day, the deal which in fact had been offered to Keita while he was at The Row was a 2 album deal at American Music Company. A lesser man would have probably taken the cash and ran but being the loyal soldier to Tha Row that Keita was, he made a concerted effort to visit Suge and explain the situation to him in person and in prison as he didn’t want Suge getting the idea he was betraying the label that had given him another shot in the game.’ I went down there at the time and told Suge look we have a situation over here where they are offering me such and such a budget over 2 years to do 2 albums and I tried to involve him in that and see if he was with it ,and he told me at the time that he supports me on everything that I’m doing,and that if I need his services or anyone at Tha Row’s services I got that ‘With Suge’s blessing and peace of mind Keita left Suge and Mule State prison with a clear conscience ,but this was all to change very quickly when the following week when Keita was to pay a visit to Deathrow to collect his pay cheque but wasn’t allowed on Tha Row premises. Now departed from The Row Keita admits openly he does take shots at Suge on his new record on the track ‘Lets Get it Cracking’ for the way they treated him in the end ‘I just basically had to let him and the people know how I feel about those cats over there, mainly him you know because he is the company. I ain’t got no beef with any of the artists on Tha Row or any of the other employees my only problem is with Suge Knight ‘Keita says before Suge’s release he wasn’t given a straight answer as to why he was released from his A&R position at Tha Row.Keita wouldn’t have to wait long though as he got his answer a few months later after Suge personally called him up to Tha Row offices ‘ Suge looked me in the eye and told me some bullshit azz story where he said that day when I came to visit him in prison about that other deal it sounded to him like I didn’t want to mess with or work with Deathrow anymore and he knows that couldn’t be any further from the truth. While most people in LA and in the business in general would be scared to speak on record about one of the most feared figures in the industry, Keita isn’t fearing any such retaliation ‘ Hell No ,I will smash any motherfucker or obstacle that stands in the way of my success in this music industry,Suge knows how I get down that’s why he had me over there in the first place I’m real with it like homie representing your turf with it .I hit em up with a thumb and 2 fingers,I’m hood with it Keita still gives Suge props as the person who inspired him to get into the music business’ Game recognizes game and Suge was smart you know he’s like a genius if you ask me. But he has got some evil ways about his self.he ain’t right with real niggas and he ain’t right with god he’s got some serious issues he need to deal with.After ending his job obligations over at the row he started concentrating on his own deal that was offered to him over at American Music Company ,where he was given the opportunity to be the CEO of his own label and own his own label outright with ‘ West Coast Hoodster Entertainment ‘ and don’t think for a moment Keita doesn’t have the eye or ear for superstar talent he brought Eve’s demo tape to Breakaway Entertainment before she hooked up with Dr Dre or the Ruff Ryders along with bringing another crew to Breakaway known to everyone as The Cash Money Millionaires for a mere 750,000 at the time which we can tell you was a whole lot less then what they signed for at Universal. But it doesn’t end there we can’t forget acts such as JT Money and Sole who were brought to the attention to the label execs at Breakaway by Keita but the CEO and supervisors up at the label happened to sleep on both acts, by basically saying nice but not nice enough. The first release on Keita’s new label was originally supposed to be a compilation but this changed quickly after artists who were originally slated to get down for the project weren’t showing up, which Keita puts down to his past affiliations with Tha Row.5 days into the recording of the album and no one showing up meant wasted studio time ‘So I started writing to the songs and the beats myself you know because I’m paying about a 1,000 dollars a day for studio time ,so that money was getting wasted so I went home and started writing tracks for a Keita Rock solo album entitled ‘ Lets Get It Cracking ‘.Established West Coast artists such as Gonzoe,CJ Mac, Dresta ,Young Hoggs, all appear along with some of the brightest new talent coming out the west Mistah Cavi, The Lowlifes Mimi, Déjà vu and Jaz-mina all get the shot to shine on this solo album of Keitas ‘it’s all about breaking some of these new acts and giving these under dogs a shot as well, this album is all west coast straight grimey straight from the street shit , I’m a real street nigga so I can’t do nothing but talk about some real street shit I ain’t with that subliminal shit ,if you here anything on there I said it straight to the point .Finally free from the label politics and heavy atmosphere and dramas over the past few years at Breakaway and Deathrow, things are looking up for Keita Rock and his West Coast Hoodster Entertainment label. With his first single ‘LA Crimes Bosses ‘setting things off which is sure to do big things on radio in the next few months, to go along with a new solo album titled’ Lets Get it Cracking’ Keita Rock may finally get his over due but well deserved success in the industry, along with his props for the work he has put in on the street and his dedication to all his ventures over the past few years. To put it quite simply Keita Rock is the epitome of a street nigga!,

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2002, 09:44:49 AM »
btw i just realised.

the shits jacked from toogangsta.net just reworded a bit.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2002, 09:55:34 AM »
btw i just realised.

the shits jacked from toogangsta.net just reworded a bit.

And Toogangsta jacked it from?

LoL

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2002, 10:00:31 AM »
they did the interview themselves i believe.

the_truth

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2002, 10:01:05 AM »

And Toogangsta jacked it from?

LoL

Toogangsta the ones that did the interview.

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2002, 05:29:28 PM »
Too Gangsta Did not do the interview , and it wasn't jacked from them you can ask Too GANGSTA YOURSELVES MY INTERVIEW WAS CONDUCTED LONG BEFORE THERE'S WAS CHUCCCHHH

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2002, 07:08:43 PM »
trip out...thats the same keitarock?....i got that book...i didnt know that it was the same keitarock...thats crazy...he seemed og from what monsta kody was saying...and also in there was a Snoop Dogg from the 60s...snoop is from the 20s i believe so maybe its just a coincidence....