Author Topic: What does "mixed by" mean?  (Read 536 times)

ecrazy

Re: What does "mixed by" mean?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2005, 10:01:41 PM »
You guys make it seem like its a terribly hard job..i know about panning, EQ, effects, Reverb and all that....its just moving nobs, You just need to have a very good ear! i dont think i have a good ear, i just can play keys good, im learning to Mix and master tracks, and locking tracks and what not, but in the end it all ends up to how good an ear you have and if what you hear is what other people want to hear as well

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2005, 10:17:33 PM »
Well, whenever you mix a track that goes on to be considered a classic, we'll believe you when you say it's 'easy'.  Mixing makes all the difference in the world, and it's a masterful job that goes without gratitude from peons like you.  HollA@!~

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2005, 10:18:14 PM »
yeah dre is a great mixer

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2005, 04:48:08 AM »
You guys make it seem like its a terribly hard job..i know about panning, EQ, effects, Reverb and all that....its just moving nobs, You just need to have a very good ear! i dont think i have a good ear, i just can play keys good, im learning to Mix and master tracks, and locking tracks and what not, but in the end it all ends up to how good an ear you have and if what you hear is what other people want to hear as well

but it DOES take a lotta time to mix it right
you probably wont go right with the first attempt, you have to change some settings you just made and try again

even if you got good ears... and i think i have them...
you can use a scheme... but that way every song will sound pretty the same... thats probably we expect it from known producers.. b/c we might love their sound

but still: choosing the right doublers, adding effects etc... it takes a lot of time for me...
if youre an experienced producer you can make a 'good' beat in an hour, at least i believe so ;D

but i wouldnt believe that you can do mixing in less time...
there may be ppl who can do it in less in an hour.. sure - but who tell hell would like to listen to that? ;D

the only way to do it VERY fast would be to put all the things right in the first place...
but thats like winning in lotto totto...

well, id say death row in 96 was  good team, they had a producer that came with a beat, records the vocals, changes a few things, track done....
then the track was sent to someone inhouse to mix it! so id say its good teamplay..
but from all that footage ive read about death row records, i believe recording the track was done very fast.. but mixing took hours!

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2005, 06:24:22 AM »
Yeah Dre is a great mixer. Thats what Dre does, he mixes and produces(with the help of someone else)the beat and leaves musicaians to actaully make the beat.