Author Topic: can i get an UN-BIASED review of welcome to tha...  (Read 391 times)

HBKid_Jr

can i get an UN-BIASED review of welcome to tha...
« on: August 07, 2002, 10:49:23 PM »
house.  ive seen a lot of mixed emotions from this.  can some1 who is not a snoop dickrider an not a snoop hater tell me how this is,  is it worth buyin or atleast checkin out.  what r some of tha best joints on here
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

Re: can i get an UN-BIASED review of welcome to th
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 11:21:49 PM »
i fit that description.

but i dont have it yet  :P

hehe

Jome

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 04:38:45 AM »
house.  ive seen a lot of mixed emotions from this.  can some1 who is not a snoop dickrider an not a snoop hater tell me how this is,  is it worth buyin or atleast checkin out.  what r some of tha best joints on here

I also fit that description, but I only heard it once.
I'd say it has it's bangers, and it's dope joints, but also some average ones.
2-3 r'n'b tracks seemed a little boring to me, but overall it sounded good enough for me to buy the album.

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2002, 07:05:10 AM »

I also fit that description, but I only heard it once.
I'd say it has it's bangers, and it's dope joints, but also some average ones.
2-3 r'n'b tracks seemed a little boring to me, but overall it sounded good enough for me to buy the album.

^^same here...............this album is no doggystyle no doggystyle part II.........people expect this but .......there will never be no doggystyle!
this cd does have bangers...........i enjoy it.......so i belive is worth buying........there some beats like lowrider oldie beats .....and snoop sounds nice on them along with the rest of the cast! theres some rnb tracks which i personally dont like but it does have some tight ones!!

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2002, 07:26:32 AM »

^^same here...............this album is no doggystyle no doggystyle part II.........people expect this but .......there will never be no doggystyle!
this cd does have bangers...........i enjoy it.......so i belive is worth buying........there some beats like lowrider oldie beats .....and snoop sounds nice on them along with the rest of the cast! theres some rnb tracks which i personally dont like but it does have some tight ones!!

If this was Snoop's solo album I'd welcome to whole Doggystyle comparison..but this is just a freaking compilation.  It wont go platinum, it wont be huge, its just an appetizer for PTCTBTB.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Big BpG

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2002, 07:37:46 AM »
I say, if you're a big soopafly fan.... this album is a treat for you... lots of dope soopafly shit on here, from production to his flows... This album is real funky too. Even some of the east coast beats fit on the cd. Also, a lot of the songs sample 70's oldies songs, so it kinda of has a a 'blueprint' feel to it. It does hold a few RnB songs, if you can't stand them, then you'll probably appreciate some of the bangers. My favorite joint on the song is 'raised on the side' and I must say, it's not really a banger... it's really laid back, which i believe is cool. But it does have bangers... the song 'the strong will eat the weak' is definetly a gangsta feeling track with RBX on it, however the beat is real creative... they use the sound of cocking back a gun and firing it as a  main part of the beat... yes its been done before, but it's really used well in the song. Also, if you can appreciate Kokane, then you might feel this album a little more. However, if Kokane isn't your sugar, then you might want to pull away from it. Now for Snoop... his rhymes won't take you back to 1992 in anyway,  but that doesn't keep him from some dope rhymes... in the song 'the song will eat the weak' he has a dope rhyme... it has a hint of anger and frustation in it, it gives the song a dark feel to it, which is real funny considering we've been hearing 'give up the funk' from this guy. What it really comes down to is this.... Snoop's flow is a lot like his flow on "tha last meal" .... he doesn't drop his seductive flow like in 'Doggystyle' ... but if you like it anyway... then you'll like his stuff in here...soopafly drops a lot of hottness... his rhyme on 'doh doh' is already a classic westcoast line... e-white is present in some songs and he has his moments. He hasn't reached full potential yet, but his rhymes are welcome. Latoiya is present in a lot of slow jams... stuff to just relax to... nothing for the ride... lots of these songs are funky, off beat basslines, but that's how funk sounds... real off beat and I actually like it. So if you enjoy a lot of his previous dogghouse stuff.... besides the original eastsidaz album, because it really seems like a different piece of material compared to this recent stuff.... you'll probably find your gems in this album.... however there are even songs here that I would like to skip over, but I could still listen to them...

4/5

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

GhettoDope

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 09:02:23 AM »
dat nigga snoop be cumin hard i wish da nigga wud cum bakk ta da souf

Tecknine

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2002, 10:03:51 AM »
lmao
::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2002, 11:17:29 AM »
I say, if you're a big soopafly fan.... this album is a treat for you... lots of dope soopafly shit on here, from production to his flows... This album is real funky too. Even some of the east coast beats fit on the cd. Also, a lot of the songs sample 70's oldies songs, so it kinda of has a a 'blueprint' feel to it. It does hold a few RnB songs, if you can't stand them, then you'll probably appreciate some of the bangers. My favorite joint on the song is 'raised on the side' and I must say, it's not really a banger... it's really laid back, which i believe is cool. But it does have bangers... the song 'the strong will eat the weak' is definetly a gangsta feeling track with RBX on it, however the beat is real creative... they use the sound of cocking back a gun and firing it as a  main part of the beat... yes its been done before, but it's really used well in the song. Also, if you can appreciate Kokane, then you might feel this album a little more. However, if Kokane isn't your sugar, then you might want to pull away from it. Now for Snoop... his rhymes won't take you back to 1992 in anyway,  but that doesn't keep him from some dope rhymes... in the song 'the song will eat the weak' he has a dope rhyme... it has a hint of anger and frustation in it, it gives the song a dark feel to it, which is real funny considering we've been hearing 'give up the funk' from this guy. What it really comes down to is this.... Snoop's flow is a lot like his flow on "tha last meal" .... he doesn't drop his seductive flow like in 'Doggystyle' ... but if you like it anyway... then you'll like his stuff in here...soopafly drops a lot of hottness... his rhyme on 'doh doh' is already a classic westcoast line... e-white is present in some songs and he has his moments. He hasn't reached full potential yet, but his rhymes are welcome. Latoiya is present in a lot of slow jams... stuff to just relax to... nothing for the ride... lots of these songs are funky, off beat basslines, but that's how funk sounds... real off beat and I actually like it. So if you enjoy a lot of his previous dogghouse stuff.... besides the original eastsidaz album, because it really seems like a different piece of material compared to this recent stuff.... you'll probably find your gems in this album.... however there are even songs here that I would like to skip over, but I could still listen to them...

4/5

-Big BpG

I think when he said no snoop dickriders, he also ment no Snoop Fantasy Lovers as well...

LoL, only messin...dope review...

Murrow

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2002, 12:39:24 PM »
I d/l a few songs, and this is the same Snoop Dogg/Doggystyle material over and over.  Not that I'm really complaining, it's just that I like it when artist flip the script and come with something new each time up.  You have to reinvent yourself as an artist to be fresh and stay in this game.  Snoop doesn't do that, and that's why he bores me nowadays.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2002, 08:08:51 PM »

I think when he said no snoop dickriders, he also ment no Snoop Fantasy Lovers as well...

LoL, only messin...dope review...

nah outta of snoops biggest fans on this board,  bpg's is tha only 1 i respect

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2002, 08:17:21 PM »

I kno...I was kidding...

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2002, 10:01:29 PM »

themovie

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2002, 10:07:45 PM »
I'm the only one that thinks E-white is tight ?

themovie

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 10:35:30 PM »
e-white is present in some songs and he has his moments. He hasn't reached full potential yet, but his rhymes are welcome.
-Big BpG

E-white is the only one without a solo track on the compilation,and its disappointed.....
La toiya williams got 2 tracks, Soopafly 2 and Kokane 1.
Rbx is more involved than e-white in this album and i dont know why!