Author Topic: Xzbit man vs machine tracklist  (Read 790 times)

Jome

Re: Xzbit man vs machine tracklist
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2002, 06:25:04 PM »

I know itll be better just not classic. And whats wrong with the Quik track. That song was one of the only ones that acctully had a concept to it. Most of the others were Xzibit rapping about basicly nothing.

yea, it had a concept, but does that have to be a good thing?
I think it was boring.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Real_G

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2002, 06:27:52 PM »

yea, it had a concept, but does that have to be a good thing?
I think it was boring.

Well you aint I Quik and Suga Free fan then, Ive heard better from them but when I put this cd on this is the track I usally skip too. And yes a concept is a very good thing. Makes you pay attention to the lyrics more. I find songs that are about nothing way more boaring.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2002, 06:35:59 PM »
Who's Anthony Hamiltion?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2002, 06:44:59 PM »

Well you aint I Quik and Suga Free fan then, Ive heard better from them but when I put this cd on this is the track I usally skip too. And yes a concept is a very good thing. Makes you pay attention to the lyrics more. I find songs that are about nothing way more boaring.

Lemme correct myself: Does a concept song REALLY have to be a good thing?
I mean.. I have heard tracks about bitches and bling-bling that's doper than some concept songs.
It all comes down to the outcome.
If it sounds good, then it's a good thing, but if it's a skipper, you really can't say that it's a good thing.

Real_G

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2002, 06:54:38 PM »

Lemme correct myself: Does a concept song REALLY have to be a good thing?
I mean.. I have heard tracks about bitches and bling-bling that's doper than some concept songs.
It all comes down to the outcome.
If it sounds good, then it's a good thing, but if it's a skipper, you really can't say that it's a good thing.

bitches and bling bling can be better? Sure if you like boucey poppy bullshit. what you said just told me that you like beats more than lyrics.........and you call yourself an xzibit fan.....

Jome

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2002, 07:00:24 PM »

bitches and bling bling can be better? Sure if you like boucey poppy bullshit. what you said just told me that you like beats more than lyrics.........and you call yourself an xzibit fan.....

nah, you don't get it.
Is there any meaning in having a concept-song if everybody skips it?

NOOOOOO!!!!

Real_G

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2002, 08:37:06 PM »

nah, you don't get it.
Is there any meaning in having a concept-song if everybody skips it?

NOOOOOO!!!!

People like you might, But I prefer songs with concepts. i dont skip em. i skip the bling bling bitches songs.

Jome

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2002, 05:30:24 AM »

People like you might, But I prefer songs with concepts. i dont skip em. i skip the bling bling bitches songs.

Don't be stupid.
You're dodging my point.  ::)

Real_G

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2002, 08:04:46 AM »

Don't be stupid.
You're dodging my point.  ::)

Im missing your point not dodging it, Please explain it.

Jome

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2002, 09:42:15 AM »
aight, possible & likely scenarios:

1. A artist, say Ras Kass releases a song about human evolution.
The lyrics are just like listening to a 78 year old professor, and the beat is.. well let's just say BORING and the song is a def. skipper because you almost fall asleep when you hear it.

2. A artist, say Dr.Dre, Xzibit or Snoop Dogg releases their socalled "radio-single" to sell the album, e.g. "Still D.R.E.", "X" or "Snoop Dogg part 2"
The beat is dope on all the 3 singles, but the lyrics doesn't say anything new, even if they all come dope.

This is the example where a concept-song doesn't necessarily is as dope as a "regular" joint.

Real_G

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2002, 10:30:23 AM »
aight, possible & likely scenarios:

1. A artist, say Ras Kass releases a song about human evolution.
The lyrics are just like listening to a 78 year old professor, and the beat is.. well let's just say BORING and the song is a def. skipper because you almost fall asleep when you hear it.

2. A artist, say Dr.Dre, Xzibit or Snoop Dogg releases their socalled "radio-single" to sell the album, e.g. "Still D.R.E.", "X" or "Snoop Dogg part 2"
The beat is dope on all the 3 singles, but the lyrics doesn't say anything new, even if they all come dope.

This is the example where a concept-song doesn't necessarily is as dope as a "regular" joint.

Stick to listening to bullshit bling bling Jome, cuz I can listen to nature of the threat over and over and not get board. What youve just proved to me is that you like hit singles more than meaningfull songs. Xzibit shows absolutly no lyrical ability on 3 quarters of his new songs. And im sure you like them cuz they have a dope beat. No wonder you liked restless. Ignorent.

Jome

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2002, 11:00:20 AM »

Stick to listening to bullshit bling bling Jome, cuz I can listen to nature of the threat over and over and not get board. What youve just proved to me is that you like hit singles more than meaningfull songs. Xzibit shows absolutly no lyrical ability on 3 quarters of his new songs. And im sure you like them cuz they have a dope beat. No wonder you liked restless. Ignorent.

Biatch

You didn't understand nada.
I don't like bling-bling, and I give up talking to you.

Real_G

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2002, 11:17:06 AM »

Biatch

You didn't understand nada.
I don't like bling-bling, and I give up talking to you.

are we having 2 different arguements here or what? Im sayin I want to hear real shit from ras and xzibit, you seem not to since you say you skip the real tracks.

Jome

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2002, 11:44:50 AM »

are we having 2 different arguements here or what? Im sayin I want to hear real shit from ras and xzibit, you seem not to since you say you skip the real tracks.

I don't call it "real tracks", when the lyrics reminds me of my biology teacher, and the beat sounds like sumthin I could make banging a pencil towards a desk.

The ultimate would be meaningful lyrics over a dope beat, or at least a beat that doesn't make you fall asleep.

Real_G

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2002, 12:53:34 PM »

I don't call it "real tracks", when the lyrics reminds me of my biology teacher, and the beat sounds like sumthin I could make banging a pencil towards a desk.

The ultimate would be meaningful lyrics over a dope beat, or at least a beat that doesn't make you fall asleep.

I dont know what song your refering to(i have a good idea though) but for me songs that are meaningless make me fall asleep. Lyrics that are saying somethin keeps me paying attention. When I listen to nature of the threat i just think how amazing it is. And i find it interesting. Its still rap, its still a beat, hes not talkin about biology and hes sayin some real shit, I wouldnt listen to it that much becuz yeah it would get boaring. I like dope beats, i like tracks that make my head knod but i also like something with some meaning to it. this all started when you said Sorry im away so much was boaring. Well its a good(not great) beat from Quik and its saying something. And there are dope beats with good lyrics. But whatever, the more i talk about songs the less ill like em. Its just music, what you like is what you like, just dont bump nelly cause the beat is catchy.