Author Topic: We Built This Citttttyyyyyyyy...........  (Read 456 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
We Built This Citttttyyyyyyyy...........
« on: March 23, 2005, 09:37:41 AM »
.........on immigrants?

MORE THAN half of Toronto's faces will be those of visible minorities by 2017, when Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary.

According to Statistics Canada projections released yesterday, there will be 2.8 million to nearly 3.9 million visible minorities living in the country's largest city 12 years from now. Overall, Toronto will have 6.3 million to 7.1 million residents by then.

South Asians -- the fastest growing minority group in the 2001 census -- will see their numbers rise to more than 1 million in Toronto, followed by the Chinese at 735,000.

In the 2001 census -- the most recent numbers available -- 36.8% of Toronto's residents were visible minorities, up from 25.8% in 1991.

All told, one in five people living in Canada -- about 6.3 million to 8.5 million or 20% -- will be a member of a visible minority in 2017.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2005/03/23/969601-sun.html

Ghea Ghea, up north its a different kind of Brown Pride. But, uh, yeah, this citys going to hell. Ey Polack 213, you should come visit sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 09:46:15 AM by O.G. Techniec »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: We Built This Citttttyyyyyyyy...........
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 09:58:27 AM »
I was not the least bit surprised when I read about this. I don't mind too much, but I still think our immigration policy needs some updating so it's a bit less lax.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 10:27:14 AM »
60-70% of Amsterdam is immigrant too.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 11:25:51 AM »
I was not the least bit surprised when I read about this. I don't mind too much, but I still think our immigration policy needs some updating so it's a bit less lax.
canada has some of the toughest immigration laws in the developed world

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 11:27:37 AM »

Really? I'm not aware of other countries' laws on immigration but I always assumed that ours was lax due to our extremely high ratio of immigrants.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 11:46:28 AM »
60-70% of Amsterdam is immigrant too.

we got so many immigrants from the 60's and 70's in netherlands... don't mind though. they better then them dutch wannabe rascists

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 12:43:23 PM »

what? our refugee claimant system is a joke, especially compared with some European countries. We have 4-5 times the acceptance rates of refugees then other western nations

And youre right, Lincoln, our policy needs reviision. I just finished writing 20 pages for class on why our immigraton policy is a complete failure.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 03:09:35 PM »
what are you concerned about canada is so big with few few people living there, its over 80 times less crowded than britain and thats no joke.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 07:07:35 PM »
Visible minorities to top 50% in Vancouver by 2017
Last Updated Mar 23 2005 07:55 AM PST
CBC News

OTTAWA – By 2017, more than half of Vancouverites and Torontonians will likely be members of a visible minority, says Statistics Canada.

According to new government projections, 53 per cent of the population of Greater Vancouver will belong to a visible minority group by 2017 – up from 36 per cent in the 2001 census.

And the report says B.C. will have the highest proportion of visible minorities of any province in the country

The agency says sustained immigration and a higher proportion of visible minorities among new arrivals accounts for much of the change.

Other factors include a younger population, which results in fewer deaths and higher birth rates for visible minorities than for the rest of the population.

Projections show that the median age of visible minorities will be approximately 35.5 in 2017, about four years higher than it was in 2001. In contrast, the median age of the rest of the population will be 43.4 years, nearly six years higher than it was in 2001.

Across Canada, one out of every five people, or between 6.3 million and 8.5 million, could be a member of a visible minority by 2017.

That represents an increase ranging from 56 per cent to 111 per cent from 2001, when their number was estimated at about four million.

Statistics Canada's study defines visible minorities according to the Employment Equity Act – "persons, other than Aboriginal persons 'who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour.' "

The 10 groups listed include Chinese, South Asian (including East Indian, Pakistani and Sri Lankan), Black, Filipino, Latin American, Southeast Asian (including Cambodian, Indonesian, Laotian and Vietnamese), Arab, West Asian (including Afghan and Iranian), Japanese and Korean.

Vancouver is better  :P lol

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 09:35:23 PM »
why do you think more minorities is a good thing?

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 09:48:59 PM »
For me it's just a personal preferance, I like learning about other cultures, I like going out and seeing people from all walks of life living together.  I like Diversity.  Some people like it, some people don't.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 03:45:18 AM »
i like the diversity in LA, but i see the problems it causes. However, i think diversity has more long term assets than detrimental factors
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 08:59:37 AM »
what are you concerned about canada is so big with few few people living there, its over 80 times less crowded than britain and thats no joke.

Uh, 90% of all Immigrants to Canada settle in the three largests cities, 50% in Toronto Alone

Motherfuckers dont come to Canada to settle in Saskatchewan

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 09:54:07 AM »

Uh, 90% of all Immigrants to Canada settle in the three largests cities, 50% in Toronto Alone

Exactly. I live about an hour from Toronto and you see the negative effects, such as the higher levels of pollution due to overcrowding.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 11:26:19 AM »

Exactly. I live about an hour from Toronto and you see the negative effects, such as the higher levels of pollution due to overcrowding.

Man, see Im an immigrant my damn self. But i dont see why the fuck we are sustaining current high levels of immigration, if all we're doing it is shoving them into ethnic ghettos , while simultenously cutting funding to ESL services, job training, affordable housing, employment etc
The job accrediting process is a failure, and all we;re doing is adding branches to a fire. Put that fuckin fire out. But Liberals dont give a shit, they gangsta. All these immigrants vote for who?  8)

- Lewis Carroll